SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

How to install steering wheel and cup holder in 92' SC4?

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-02, 12:30 PM
The Ikon
Lexus Champion

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts
Default Re: Re: How to install steering wheel and cup holder in 92' SC4?

Originally posted by DIrEctQL
Heh, yeah, it was fun to go there again. We were there little early so all the people were just starting to get around. Unfortunetly there was a little lack of blonds there, I don't know what's up with that. Hahaha. Well, spring break is around the corner. Maybe it's time for a nice trip to FL for spring break.
Chris you and your damn blondes. I acutally like brunettes and black hair better... It was a very nice place... However, I'm married. What did you and 2Lexos get into at his club "Q" once I left? I wish I brought my SC4 but the BMW 740il was the logical choice for all the luggage with the wife, son and my Mother in the car:eek:...

The Bimmer cruised back well, but once we made it home the next FU@KING day it just would not go and the bastard ABS, tract, battery, and check engine temp light came on!!! I have to get it towed 120 miles to the nearest BMW dealer at a cost of $229 bucks... The car is only a 98' with around 50K miles... I truly love 740il but this is sicking... I'm still waiting for the freaking verdict on the car, whew it has a full warranty. Thank GOD, this did not happened on the trip back!
Old 01-07-02, 12:47 PM
DIrEctQL
Chicago Lexus Club Moderator

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: Re: Re: How to install steering wheel and cup holder in 92' SC4?

Originally posted by The Ikon
Chris you and your damn blondes. I acutally like brunettes and black hair better... It was a very nice place... However, I'm married. What did you and 2Lexos get into at his club "Q" once I left? I wish I brought my SC4 but the BMW 740il was the logical choice for all the luggage with the wife, son and my Mother in the car:eek:...

The Bimmer cruised back well, but once we made it home the next FU@KING day it just would not go and the bastard ABS, tract, battery, and check engine temp light came on!!! I have to get it towed 120 miles to the nearest BMW dealer at a cost of $229 bucks... The car is only a 98' with around 50K miles... I truly love 740il but this is sicking... I'm still waiting for the freaking verdict on the car, whew it has a full warranty. Thank GOD, this did not happened on the trip back!
LOL. That's pretty lucky. Make the dealership pay for the towing, 200 bucks actually seems not too bad for towing 120 miles. Anyways, I just went to Alex's club to check it out. It was pretty nice. They open late and I had to work the following morning so I left. But hey, I need to go to his club again sometime. It seemed like a nice place. But hey, if there are blonds there, so am I. Hahaha.
Old 01-07-02, 12:49 PM
The Ikon
Lexus Champion

Also go check out his other club "Velocity" and let me know about it... Tell Alex he has a PM about the info I needed from him...
Old 01-12-02, 05:59 PM
The Ikon
Lexus Champion

Chris did you ever holla at Alex for me???
Old 01-13-02, 10:52 PM
The Ikon
Lexus Champion

Question

Old 01-14-02, 06:53 AM
DIrEctQL
Chicago Lexus Club Moderator

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally posted by The Ikon
Sorry, I forgot. I'll let him know today.
Old 05-20-02, 09:28 AM
Hermosa
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Remember to keep your key in the car in the LOCK position and then disconnect the battery terminal. This ensures that the charge is drained. The minumum time required id 90 seconds but I would do longer to be sure.

Originally posted by lextec
ikon, steering wheel removal instructions:

Steer steering wheel atraight ahead & disconnect the negative battery post. Wait at least five minutes for your air bag ECU's igniter capacitor to discharge - for good measure, after five minutes, step on your brake pedal so that any residual current is drawn away from any other electronic/electrical component.
*Next, remove the two panels that flank the steering wheel, behind the air bag. Remove the two or four torx bolts that secure the air bag. You either have to pull the bolts out onto their installation locks or completely remove them in order to have enough clearance to pull the air bag out. Once you've got the bolts out, you can then CAREFULLY pull the air bag straight out SLOWLY. Not too far though because there is a connector that you have to remove behind the air bag. The connector is a two stage lock. Gently squeeze the two yellow tabs together to release the first lock. Then, the second lock is spring loaded, so you have to pull the collar on the harness side away from the air bag connector.
*Once removed, again CAREFULLY carry the air bag facing upwards & away from you(NEVER face it downwards or at you)
to a safe & remote location & place it facing UPWARDS(Lexus logo facing up!) Placement area is common sense, no hazards anywhere near it.
*Now, you'll need to make sure that your steering wheel is level & centered. Disconnect the horn & cruise control connector. You can index the steering wheel to the column with correction fluid to be sure that it all lines up when you're done. Carefully remove the 19mm nut that secures the steering wheel to the steering column. DO NOT use an impact wrench. Next, grasp the steering wheel at the nine & three o'clock positions & firmly wiggle the steering wheel loose(careful not to lose your level & center)
*Reinstall the replacement steering wheel, making sure that all lines up. Torque the 19mm nut to 22lbs.ft . Reconnect the horn & cruise control connectors. CAREFULLY place the air bag in place after you have made sure that the two stage connector is COMPLETELY locked. Reinstall the two or four torx bolts, torque to 8lbs.inch . Reinstall the plastic covers for the bolts. Perform a double & triple check that you have installed EVERYTHING correctly & reconnect your negative battery post. Start up the vehicle & make sure that the air bag warning light extinguishes three seconds from start-up. Done! No big deal, just common sense. Hope you're happy with your new steering wheel!