Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FYI: Fast and Furious came out today

FYI: Fast and Furious came out today

Just lettin you guys know.
Old 01-02-02, 11:21 AM
damnboy
Pole Position

Thanks man! I'm going to rent it tonight!!
Old 01-02-02, 11:36 AM
DIrEctQL
Chicago Lexus Club Moderator

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally posted by damnboy
Thanks man! I'm going to rent it tonight!!
I don't really like that movie. It blows. Soo untrue about the races. But ohh well, still entertaining how dumb the whole thing is.
Old 01-02-02, 01:15 PM
Camshaft
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

From working with IMCA Modifieds, I know that lengthening axles and fabrication to fit can be a chore, but worth it. However, those $600 custom drive shafts scare me. I was thinking more along the lines of the limited slip from a Tacoma, Supra, SC4, GS3, or something like that. At least something with a positrac. For the price of getting a complete supra rear end and axles, you might as well get a Ford 9". Then you never have to worry about the rear end again.
Old 01-02-02, 01:17 PM
Camshaft
Lead Lap

Oops, posted under the wrong thread. I meant to say that there is a orange or wine color SC in the making of the movie part, dont know about the car.
Old 01-02-02, 01:23 PM
DIrEctQL

Originally posted by shutdown20
Oops, posted under the wrong thread. I meant to say that there is a orange or wine color SC in the making of the movie part, dont know about the car.
LOL. Well... there is a black one with these strange paint job on the sides and an ugly aluminium wing. It's in the street wars scene and it's winning a race against an NSX. I think it's the same one that you see in the SC gallery on this site. It has to be a pre-96 too.
Old 01-02-02, 01:49 PM
the_ez_rhino
Lead Lap

I dont know what ur talking about, ugly paintjob? The dragon on the side of the purple sc (it looks black but is actually purple) is DOPE. And as for the orange one, its actually slightly color shifting paint, with an auto coture kit, 150 shot of nos, intake/exhaust. I had a magazine that did a full article on the orange SC, but I lost it. I think it was import racer, but I could be wrong.

Jason
Old 01-02-02, 01:51 PM
the_ez_rhino
Lead Lap

Oh and for those who havent seen the movie, be prepared to see some of the WORST acting you have ever seen (I seriously cannot remember ever seeing worse acting.)
But its worth watching it just for the cars

JAson
Old 01-02-02, 05:18 PM
MadMaxSC400
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by the_ez_rhino
Oh and for those who havent seen the movie, be prepared to see some of the WORST acting you have ever seen (I seriously cannot remember ever seeing worse acting.)
But its worth watching it just for the cars

JAson
Yeah Paul Walker is a dork, Vin Diesel is pretty good in it but I'd like an all-race edition where it just skips from race to race The big race is retarded, you can see the huge stage lights they light up the street with in the helicopter shot, the special effects are kinda cool but they needed to speed the whole thing up. It doesn't take 2 minutes to run a 10 second quarter, that whole scene could have been done much better. And no, it's not much like real street racing.
I bought the DVD anyway.
Old 01-02-02, 10:09 PM
DIrEctQL

Originally posted by MadMaxSC400

Yeah Paul Walker is a dork, Vin Diesel is pretty good in it but I'd like an all-race edition where it just skips from race to race The big race is retarded, you can see the huge stage lights they light up the street with in the helicopter shot, the special effects are kinda cool but they needed to speed the whole thing up. It doesn't take 2 minutes to run a 10 second quarter, that whole scene could have been done much better. And no, it's not much like real street racing.
I bought the DVD anyway.
Man, if I go to the illegals this summer and hear someone say "I live my life 1/4 mile a time" I will punch the little ricer out. The whole philosoply behind the movie and the worst acting ever is soo anoying. The hollywood version of life at it's best. Yes, it's just a movie, but atleast they should not spread some false rumors around. Why? Because all the wanna-be kids and rice burners go out and actually do crazy/dumb stuff like they see in the movie. Anyone remember what was going on outside the theatres when the movie came out?
Old 01-02-02, 10:24 PM
MadMaxSC400
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by DIrEctQL
Anyone remember what was going on outside the theatres when the movie came out?
I didn't hear anything... I imagine people were doing some stupid stuff though, lol.
I suppose eventually I'll get the car up to that show car level, but I don't remember many show car quality rides here on the west side at the races. I've seen a couple Supras that were all done up, a C5 here and an NSX there but it's mostly a few of those guys and the rest are gutted turbo Integras, Mustang drivers with something to prove and other assorted compacts.
The movie could've been a LOT better, but I'm kind of glad it got made because we might see some better movies of this type later on.
Old 01-02-02, 10:30 PM
lex400sc
Lexus Fanatic

Yeah, the whole movie was crap in every aspect. These movies (gone in 60 seconds inc.) fail miserably at ride selection, plot, and acting. I don't want to see a Civic with $100k dumped under the hood, I'd rather see a C5 with $60k under the hood. And the plot was beyond dumb... A ring of DVD player thieves who race cars for fun with a Marlboro-man poster-cop gone softy in the mix? What do these writers take us for??? F&F was almost as bad as, dare I say it, Driven. The only part of the movie I enjoyed was the Charger (which in real life would have eaten the Supra).
Old 01-02-02, 11:41 PM
ChrisSC300
Pole Position

Am I the only person on the fourms that actually liked the movie?!? I thought it was pretty damn good. The plot wasent the best, and the ending just flat out SUCKED. BUT all in all I thought it was a good movie. I just got through watching it twice on the computer.
Old 01-03-02, 12:08 AM
pinoyentity
Rookie

i heard they're comin out with a sequel. this time its supposed to be about the bike racing scene. my friend told me they had people that were working on the movie going to the bike meets and casting extras.
Old 01-03-02, 12:26 AM
MadMaxSC400
Lexus Test Driver

*yawn* motorcycles are about as interesting as watching paint dry.
speaking of pinoyisms and asians in general, did anyone else find the movie to be anti-asian??

Quick Reply: FYI: Fast and Furious came out today