SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

FYI: Fast and Furious came out today

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-02, 11:56 AM
DIrEctQL
Chicago Lexus Club Moderator

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally posted by ChrisSC300
Ok, I just wanted to point something out. Laugh at me and make fun of me later because i have never seen a Supra engine in person, and I may just be flat out wrong here. BUT when they popped the hood of the wrecked supra, there was a SC 300 engine in it. I just thought that was neat.
What SC engine? You Mean there was a 2JZ-GTE motor in there. That's not the SC engine. 2JZ-GE motor is the one SC has. I've seen only a bilion posts about the differences between the 2JZ-GTE and 2JZ-GE.
Old 01-03-02, 12:10 PM
ChrisSC300
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ohh, well like i said. I was probibly wrong. They look the same though.
Old 01-03-02, 12:13 PM
CamryTuner
Rookie

Hey guys, most of you guys think that F&F sucked... and I do agree. Check out my buddy, Alex's short film called "the last race" fromwww.thelastrace.com. The clothing company called AutoCannon sponsored the whole things and it's really worth getting. If the sales do well on this short film, then he'll end up making it into a feature film soon. So, check out the trailor, it's well worth it.

The funny thing is that Alex, also filmed most of the "making of the fast and the furious" as well. He made an original called "making of Redline" which I have personally.

So check the film out, it's well worth it.

*shameless plug* My name is going to be in the credits when the DVD comes out in Feb... hehehe.
Old 01-03-02, 01:26 PM
Bean
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

don't blast him or nothing sheesh directql

Its a 2jz-gte motor tat you saw most likely... its very very much related to the 2jz-ge motor in your SC300.

the main difference is the head/cams and the pistons w/ oil squirters, and distributorless ignition for the gte
Old 01-03-02, 01:42 PM
DIrEctQL

Originally posted by Bean
don't blast him or nothing sheesh directql

Its a 2jz-gte motor tat you saw most likely... its very very much related to the 2jz-ge motor in your SC300.

the main difference is the head/cams and the pistons w/ oil squirters, and distributorless ignition for the gte
Heheheh, I didn't blast him. If I did I would call him names. I just corrected him and pointed out where to find more information about that.

PS. Ya, I totally got a mad cow disease. Someone stop me!

Last edited by DIrEctQL; 01-03-02 at 01:45 PM.
Old 01-03-02, 01:45 PM
MadMaxSC400
Lexus Test Driver

Naw.
That was a 2JZ-GE motor from your SC300, I paused the DVD when he said "2 jz motor" and saw the straight manifold going to the n/a intake... I think the idea was they took a n/a supra and turboed it, I'd guess that's what the manifold and downpipe in their parts pile was all about.
Old 01-03-02, 01:50 PM
DIrEctQL

Originally posted by MadMaxSC400
Naw.
That was a 2JZ-GE motor from your SC300, I paused the DVD when he said "2 jz motor" and saw the straight manifold going to the n/a intake... I think the idea was they took a n/a supra and turboed it, I'd guess that's what the manifold and downpipe in their parts pile was all about.
Actually, they had few Supras and some of them were actually N/A (to keep the cost down). They crashed one and I don't even know about the other one. See, you're looking into details like "Nah, they turbed the N/A engine." Well, they didn't, I don't think whoever made the movie actually knew the difference. LOL. They thought a car is a car, it looks the same then it's the same. You're digging futher into the movie than it was intended. The movie sucked and it was made up.
Old 01-03-02, 02:08 PM
black sc
Pole Position

Saw F&F last night. I didn't really care much for the movie. I guess I will stick with Initial D.
Old 01-04-02, 05:08 AM
SC300TURBO
Lexus Test Driver

when they bring in the wrecked supra to the shop its an n/a supra....same motor as the sc300....it was just used as a junk car. to show pre build up.....
Old 01-04-02, 09:41 AM
CamryTuner
Rookie

Originally posted by SC300TURBO
when they bring in the wrecked supra to the shop its an n/a supra....same motor as the sc300....it was just used as a junk car. to show pre build up.....
Yup I saw that too and picked it right up. It's a 2jz-GE motor not a GTE because, stated before, the 2JZ-GE intake manifold goes over the motor.

BTW, Craig Lieberman's Supra is a 2JZ-GTE, cuz he parked his car next to my car at a Show at Stillen Last year... people would be leaning on my car to check out his supra

hehe.
Old 01-04-02, 10:17 AM
DIrEctQL

Originally posted by CamryTuner

Yup I saw that too and picked it right up. It's a 2jz-GE motor not a GTE because, stated before, the 2JZ-GE intake manifold goes over the motor.

BTW, Craig Lieberman's Supra is a 2JZ-GTE, cuz he parked his car next to my car at a Show at Stillen Last year... people would be leaning on my car to check out his supra

hehe.
Was going to say, that's one sweet Camry!
Old 01-04-02, 12:06 PM
CamryTuner
Rookie

Originally posted by DIrEctQL
Was going to say, that's one sweet Camry!
Hehe thanks... I'm gonna get that b*tch painted soon and a TON of body work (but clean... not wild). I'm gonna shoot for the next Showoff in LA. Got sparco seats, Sparco 4 point harnesses, 19 inch wheels, and Apex'i gauges on the way!

Ooops sorry for the O/T.