SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

FYI: Fast and Furious came out today

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-02, 01:23 AM
lex400sc
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I heard the sequel was going to be geared more towards european cars. My friend was actaully given a card by a caster who wants to use his VR6 in the movie.
Old 01-03-02, 01:31 AM
pinoyentity
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by MadMaxSC400
*yawn* motorcycles are about as interesting as watching paint dry.
speaking of pinoyisms and asians in general, did anyone else find the movie to be anti-asian??
hmmm.. at first i did considering that all the bad guys were pretty much asian, but now i dont really think it was anti-asian.
Old 01-03-02, 03:27 AM
TheKevin
Lexus Champion

the orange SC is from the team Art N Motion.
Old 01-03-02, 04:31 AM
SC300TURBO
Lexus Test Driver

you all are some negitive people.....i persoanlly liked the movie...mabye its not like your local street races but its a movie.....its gonna have some hollwood drama for ya.....and the 10 sec race......it would be a very boring shot to have 4 cars blow by ya in 10 sec.....the whole shot was to give you the different ideas and feelings that go through someones head as there racing.......the different functions.......of the motor...tranny.......what ever......no it wasnt perfect...but im very proud that the import scene has grown from where i had a freakin flowmaster on my 1990 integra to where i can turbo my sc300 lexus .......makes me happy and proud to be apart of the scene......just my opinion...Jeff
Old 01-03-02, 06:18 AM
redjeeper
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I bought the DVD last night also, I did notice a lot more holes in the plot when I was watching it at home last night. We should all toss around some ideas for a better movie. Maybe someone will make it for us.
Old 01-03-02, 06:59 AM
DIrEctQL
Chicago Lexus Club Moderator

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally posted by MadMaxSC400
*yawn* motorcycles are about as interesting as watching paint dry.
speaking of pinoyisms and asians in general, did anyone else find the movie to be anti-asian??
Not really, but comparing the movie to real life there should have been more asians. Hahaha.
Old 01-03-02, 07:03 AM
DIrEctQL

Originally posted by lex400sc
I heard the sequel was going to be geared more towards european cars. My friend was actaully given a card by a caster who wants to use his VR6 in the movie.
Hmmm, I wouldn't know. I can imagine it going to be largely about domestic cars. When you watch the DVD, at the end, after the credits watch the scene when Vin Disel drives down some road in Mexico in an older Camaro SS.
Old 01-03-02, 07:08 AM
DIrEctQL

Yeah, the whole movie was crap in every aspect. These movies (gone in 60 seconds inc.) fail miserably at ride selection, plot, and acting. I don't want to see a Civic with $100k dumped under the hood, I'd rather see a C5 with $60k under the hood. And the plot was beyond dumb... A ring of DVD player thieves who race cars for fun with a Marlboro-man poster-cop gone softy in the mix? What do these writers take us for??? F&F was almost as bad as, dare I say it, Driven. The only part of the movie I enjoyed was the Charger (which in real life would have eaten the Supra).
Why? What does charger run in 1/4 mile. I would imagine that one couldn't have been that fast. First off, 9 sec. chargers aren't very good for street driving. So I would imagine it was really a 10, 11, or 12 sec car. So how in real life Supra wouldn't beat the Charger?
Old 01-03-02, 07:59 AM
SC300TURBO
Lexus Test Driver

i have heard rumors that f&f 2 is gonna be filmed partially in miami....if so ill try to get a certian sc300 turbo in the movie ....then you all could critisize my car too...lol....the whole plot of the movie is about import racing and its lifestyle.....as far as asians.....do you want the entire cast asian?.......i mean in miami there are VERY few asians....mostly cuban and puertorican.....so mabye there will be more hispanice this time?....Jeff
Old 01-03-02, 08:25 AM
DIrEctQL

Originally posted by SC300TURBO
i have heard rumors that f&f 2 is gonna be filmed partially in miami....if so ill try to get a certian sc300 turbo in the movie ....then you all could critisize my car too...lol....the whole plot of the movie is about import racing and its lifestyle.....as far as asians.....do you want the entire cast asian?.......i mean in miami there are VERY few asians....mostly cuban and puertorican.....so mabye there will be more hispanice this time?....Jeff
Ya, but wasn't F&F filmed in CA, not FL. There is quite a bit of Asians in CA. I hate the name, it sound gay. The first name, Redline, was much better.
Old 01-03-02, 09:55 AM
2UX31 YM
Driver

I sense some negativity from everyone about the movie. Sure it wasnt the best acting and all, and the plot was weak. But for a 19 year old kid(at the time) from Grand Island, NY where ther are a total of maybe 20-30 good clean hooked up imports I thought it was alright. It kind of lets me daydream of racing the LS everyonce in a while, or actually going out and buying Mods for the car.
The one scene that they did do right was the first street race. If you notice it, they went through Vin Diesels engine in his RX7 and you could see all the parts of the Wankel Rotary. That was pretty sweet.
well thats just my .02
Old 01-03-02, 10:33 AM
Bean
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I want two of the big ones!!! I can't hit 140 flat out!!! LOLOLOLOL

If he can't hit 140 or 160 even with the giant T4 turbo they said was on his eclipse (actually a slow pos RS in real life), then he needs to drive the car off a bridge and claim it on insurance
Old 01-03-02, 10:43 AM
lex400sc
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by DIrEctQL
Why? What does charger run in 1/4 mile. I would imagine that one couldn't have been that fast. First off, 9 sec. chargers aren't very good for street driving. So I would imagine it was really a 10, 11, or 12 sec car. So how in real life Supra wouldn't beat the Charger?

I didn't like the movie enough to watch it over and over. In fact I watched it only once I believe, so I'm not up on the details on the movie. The Charger from the looks of the monstrous blower sitting on the manifold (and the built up engine that would have to support it) would no doubt take the turboed Supra. That charger and hot rods in general are built for drags (I believe it was tubbed with street meats as well). There's no doubt that the Supra would have taken the charger in high gear and out handle it, but off the line the Toyota can't hang. And with the torque and power the Supra would have to produce off the line to keep up with the Charger on it's slicks, half those street tires would have burnt into the asphalt. Of course it's all speculation until there's hard numbers for both cars, but in order to build that kind of Supra, it'd cost 5 times as much as building an equivalent 1/4 mile Charger. And no, that Charger wouldn't make a very good commuter car
Old 01-03-02, 11:13 AM
DIrEctQL

I didn't like the movie enough to watch it over and over. In fact I watched it only once I believe, so I'm not up on the details on the movie. The Charger from the looks of the monstrous blower sitting on the manifold (and the built up engine that would have to support it) would no doubt take the turboed Supra. That charger and hot rods in general are built for drags (I believe it was tubbed with street meats as well). There's no doubt that the Supra would have taken the charger in high gear and out handle it, but off the line the Toyota can't hang. And with the torque and power the Supra would have to produce off the line to keep up with the Charger on it's slicks, half those street tires would have burnt into the asphalt. Of course it's all speculation until there's hard numbers for both cars, but in order to build that kind of Supra, it'd cost 5 times as much as building an equivalent 1/4 mile Charger. And no, that Charger wouldn't make a very good commuter car
So what do you think this charger runs in 1/4 mile. I know supra on street tires would prolly do at best 10 sec. The supra in the movie was a 11 or 12 sec car, so it wasn't the best one out there.
Old 01-03-02, 11:41 AM
ChrisSC300
Pole Position

Ok, I just wanted to point something out. Laugh at me and make fun of me later because i have never seen a Supra engine in person, and I may just be flat out wrong here. BUT when they popped the hood of the wrecked supra, there was a SC 300 engine in it. I just thought that was neat.

Quick Reply: FYI: Fast and Furious came out today