SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

So I have said goodbye to my freshly painted SC300 for a car I've always wanted...

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-10, 08:20 AM
BIGCTY
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default So I have said goodbye to my freshly painted SC300 for a car I've always wanted...

Some may recall that some bastards decided to scratch my car all up which didn't really bother me that much since it meant a fresh paint job. Well here are a few pictures of how it turned out:

In the meantime I happened to run across a deal I absolutely could not refuse on something I mentioned in the "What will you get after SC? (seriously)" thread. But after having a freshly painted 89k mile car that I'd only had for a few months, I had a BIG problem just selling such a beautiful, low mile, limited edition SC. But I certainly don't need two coupes, and I knew that my mom absolutely loved my car - and IMO it was an upgrade from her 02 V6 Accord coupe. So I gave it to her and sold her car. At least it still in the family, it will now be garaged, and my mom is fanatical about taking car of her cars.

So on to mine. Some will say I'm a lunatic because the maintenance will be a nightmare. But as you will read in a sec, cars are nothing but toys to me. If it gets on my nerves, I'll sell it - no biggie. I did my homeowork, but hell - it's a used $105k car so it's not without it's issues just like ANY used car. But I'm happy with the purchase for now and I've always wanted one. Pretty exciting when you can get 80+% off a 6 year old car. So on to my brand new to me 2004 CL500:

So it's not farewell for me, I'll still be around CL checking things out - especially since the SC is still in the family. As a matter of fact I just finished searching for antenna options, my mom doesnt like the 12ft Futuba/AirTronics antenna so it has to go!

Last edited by BIGCTY; 08-13-10 at 08:30 AM.
Old 08-13-10, 08:28 AM
YeA 2jZ
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Damn I love the model merc nice switch man I would deff do the same especially if my mom was keeping the SC.
Old 08-13-10, 08:30 AM
TankMR
Lead Lap

Cool car guy! What are your plans for it
Old 08-13-10, 08:40 AM
Kohinoor
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

nice cl. i have an 05 600 in the same color. youll definitely enjoy it, just be ready for ABC issues.
Old 08-13-10, 08:47 AM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Received 409 Likes on 337 Posts

That's a sicker car than the SC. I've been wanting one of those for a while. I hope everything goes alright with it.
Old 08-13-10, 08:54 AM
good2go
Lexus Test Driver

Beautiful car, and awesome price....but isn't that from the years when electrical issues were an absolute nightmare in the Mercs?
Old 08-13-10, 09:04 AM
PR0PH37
Rookie

Mercs or benzos? Never heard or Mercs besides Mercurys. I'm sorry but I could never go Benz. I'm a hardcore Toyota fan. Benz don't do it for me at all. And yes they are a nightmare. Don't know how many friends have had trouble with them. Sorry for your new purchase. I hope you see the light.

I thought you were getting a Supra!
Old 08-13-10, 09:10 AM
Luxor
Pole Position

Received 36 Likes on 31 Posts

Very nice choice. Those CL's are beautiful looking cars. Another example of a car with timeless body lines.

So one question, which car is longer, the SC or the CL?
Old 08-13-10, 09:12 AM
BIGCTY
Pole Position

Originally Posted by TankMR
Cool car guy! What are your plans for it
Thanks man. Nothing really. I will find a set of factory AMG wheels, and maybe throw this 12" JL w6 I have laying around in there.

Originally Posted by Kohinoor
nice cl. i have an 05 600 in the same color. youll definitely enjoy it, just be ready for ABC issues.
Thanks! What color is it anyway lol? The pump and some lines were replaced last March. So I'm keeping my fingers crossed...

Originally Posted by good2go
Beautiful car, and awesome price....but isn't that from the years when electrical issues were an absolute nightmare in the Mercs?
I appreciate the compliment. I think the pre-02's has most of the issues. At least I HOPE so!

Originally Posted by PR0PH37
Mercs or benzos? Never heard or Mercs besides Mercurys. I'm sorry but I could never go Benz. I'm a hardcore Toyota fan. Benz don't do it for me at all. And yes they are a nightmare. Don't know how many friends have had trouble with them. Sorry for your new purchase. I hope you see the light.

I thought you were getting a Supra!
Merc = Mercedes. I'm so not a fanboy of any particular make, I'll let you fill that role. A Supra lol? Um....no. I have seen the light, and it's nice and bright in the seat of my CL500. It's a car man, it isnt that deep.

Last edited by BIGCTY; 08-13-10 at 09:57 AM.
Old 08-13-10, 09:41 AM
YeA 2jZ
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by BIGCTY
Merc = Mercedes. I'm so not a fanboy of any particular make, I'll let you fill that role. A Supra lol? Um....no. I have seen the light, and it's nice and bright in the seat of my CL500. It's a car man, it isnt that deep.
well put ..............
Old 08-13-10, 09:47 AM
JesLet
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Really nice CL but maintenance fees...? yikes.
Old 08-13-10, 09:48 AM
TankMR
Lead Lap

How much did you pay for this pimp sled
Old 08-13-10, 10:21 AM
gadgetSC
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Beautyful Car and a nice choice
Old 08-13-10, 10:24 AM
sc11190
Driver School Candidate

Merc = Mercedes. I'm so not a fanboy of any particular make, I'll let you fill that role. A Supra lol? Um....no. I have seen the light, and it's nice and bright in the seat of my CL500. It's a car man, it isnt that deep.[/QUOTE]

well put everybody has there favorite cars.. i like the new ride...nothing wrong with having a new car either
Old 08-13-10, 10:31 AM
good2go
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by BIGCTY

... It's a car man, it isnt that deep.
Zzzzzzzzzzing!

Quick Reply: So I have said goodbye to my freshly painted SC300 for a car I've always wanted...