Originally Posted by FSUsucks1
Here is my setup:
SSR SP3 Titan Silver
18x9 +16 MD 80mm Lip, Sumitomo HTR Z III 235/40/18
18x10.5 +18 SL 118mm Lip, Sumitomo HTR Z III 275/35/18
CX Racing Coilovers 12/8, want comfort!
All 4 fenders rolled completely flat
1" Pull in Rears

ohh man so i just found this. through the form. what do you think Blekxcoupe? i know offset is different but do u think the 18 looks small on the sc? cause their all step lip style so doesn't that mean when looking at the car from the side the face is only a 17in face and the lip make its step up to a 18? so isn't it just a 17 in wheel theoretically? if thats the case should i go with 19
looks like he's on 19

i want the wheels to look this proportional. that fender on rim is ridiculously low but thats because he's on bag. i want something similar but daily drivable of course.
sorry for bothering you and being a pain in the *** its just weird cause on ur sc when u ran 18's it look hella nice and good. but then when this guy posted his sp3 with similar spec to mine it looks funny somehow. maybe he's on stock height? if all fail ill stick with my 18's spec but be a little lower i guess to close the wheels gap. hella frustrating when your new to these set up.....

Last edited by Bnguyenlux; 04-15-17 at 05:09 PM.
Old 04-16-17, 12:03 PM
Blkexcoupe
Lead Lap

Received 549 Likes on 369 Posts

Originally Posted by Bnguyenlux
ohh man so i just found this. through the form. what do you think Blekxcoupe? i know offset is different but do u think the 18 looks small on the sc? cause their all step lip style so doesn't that mean when looking at the car from the side the face is only a 17in face and the lip make its step up to a 18? so isn't it just a 17 in wheel theoretically? if thats the case should i go with 19
looks like he's on 19

i want the wheels to look this proportional. that fender on rim is ridiculously low but thats because he's on bag. i want something similar but daily drivable of course.
sorry for bothering you and being a pain in the *** its just weird cause on ur sc when u ran 18's it look hella nice and good. but then when this guy posted his sp3 with similar spec to mine it looks funny somehow. maybe he's on stock height? if all fail ill stick with my 18's spec but be a little lower i guess to close the wheels gap. hella frustrating when your new to these set up.....
Juan's fitment (red car) is about 1/2" more aggressive than what I recommended. His car is on CX racing coils, not stock suspension. I think those pictures were from when he was still dialing in his ride height and fitment, so it isn't the best example of his car.

18's or 19's is personally preference. You're right, an 18" step lip wheel will use a 17" rim face, but the design of the wheel and finish will effect if it looks large or small. Also keep in mind, the way the car is photographed will change how the rims look.
The following users liked this post:
Bnguyenlux (04-16-17)
Old 04-16-17, 02:43 PM
Zerodrag
Pole Position

Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts

IMO, you would need at least 19s on a car with an aftermarket bodykit (like those above in the pics). 18s is pretty proportional-looking on a stock SC (even with the 97 OEM kit).
Old 04-16-17, 10:33 PM
Bnguyenlux
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ahhhhh i see. alright looks like ill stick with 18's I'm on stock 97kit so everything should be good once again thanks for all the help.
Old 04-16-17, 11:21 PM
spoton
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Blkexcoupe
I'll answer your question here, so it can help everyone else. First off, you should call evasive and speak with them. They're a great shop and they could easily answer all your questions.

The first thing you want to consider when buying brand new wheels is what type of brakes will you be running? If you have or want to run monoblocks in the future, then you need a wheel can accommodate that. That leads us into disk type or SL, NR, MD, and HP for SSR.
SL - Super Low
NR - Normal
MD - Mid
HP - Hyper disk

For our cars due to the brake design you can run any of those 4 in the rear. The front would require NR, MD, or HP to clear the stock calipers, but if you want to run monoblocks, then you'll need the HP wheels.

If it were my car with your requirements, -1.5 to -2 degrees of camber while being flush, then I would go with 18x9.5 +25(HP) front and 18x10.5 +30 (SL) rear. These would also work in the front 8.5 + 12 (HP), 9 +19 (HP), 9.5 +25 (HP)

If you scroll up to the post that I'm answering the questions about the NT-03+M (Post 5868) you'll see a link with wheels with very similar sizing.
HI this is my first time creating an account with club lexus cause i just recently got an sc and the first thing i wanted to do were to give it a nice drop and of course some nice wheels
I'm glad i found this thread because i too were wanting to order the ssr sp5 and i couldn't help but noticed how bnguyenlux wanted the ssr sp3 which to me seem to be identical and his fitment to be flush with the least camber which is what I'm looking for too.. the spec you gave him for the front were 18x9.5 +25 with an (HP) disk. which of course having a hyper disk it would clear a lot of brakes down the line. i was curious and wanted to ask if i were to do ls400 brakes in the front would doing 18x9.5 +22 (MD) will still be able to clear the ls400 brake caliper no problem? i would think the MD disk give the front a little more lip but still stay within spec of the 18x9.5 +25 (HP). and on opinoins what do you guys think on color choice? high metal bronze or touring gold. on the side note i can hardly tell the different between sp3 and sp5 beside the sp5 has little line in the center and maybe the spoke are smaller?

Bnguyenlux where in texas are u located maybe we should meet up and look at the wheels in detail to spot the different, glad u chose the ssr probably one of the best looking wheels i can think of for the sc. ohh and if your interested on a quick little fact the sp5 are actually a tad bit cheaper then the sp3 about 179 different if u order them brand new. weird right? well good luck to you

thanks for the help! cheers!
Old 04-17-17, 09:27 AM
Blkexcoupe
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Zerodrag
IMO, you would need at least 19s on a car with an aftermarket bodykit (like those above in the pics). 18s is pretty proportional-looking on a stock SC (even with the 97 OEM kit).
I have to agree with this. I was going through my photos to try and find pictures at the same angle, but this is the best I could do.

Stock 97+ body with 18's

18's with an Origin kit

97+ Vertex lip kit with 19's

Fully kitted car with 19's

Originally Posted by spoton
HI this is my first time creating an account with club lexus cause i just recently got an sc and the first thing i wanted to do were to give it a nice drop and of course some nice wheels
I'm glad i found this thread because i too were wanting to order the ssr sp5 and i couldn't help but noticed how bnguyenlux wanted the ssr sp3 which to me seem to be identical and his fitment to be flush with the least camber which is what I'm looking for too.. the spec you gave him for the front were 18x9.5 +25 with an (HP) disk. which of course having a hyper disk it would clear a lot of brakes down the line. i was curious and wanted to ask if i were to do ls400 brakes in the front would doing 18x9.5 +22 (MD) will still be able to clear the ls400 brake caliper no problem? i would think the MD disk give the front a little more lip but still stay within spec of the 18x9.5 +25 (HP). and on opinoins what do you guys think on color choice? high metal bronze or touring gold. on the side note i can hardly tell the different between sp3 and sp5 beside the sp5 has little line in the center and maybe the spoke are smaller?

Bnguyenlux where in texas are u located maybe we should meet up and look at the wheels in detail to spot the different, glad u chose the ssr probably one of the best looking wheels i can think of for the sc. ohh and if your interested on a quick little fact the sp5 are actually a tad bit cheaper then the sp3 about 179 different if u order them brand new. weird right? well good luck to you

thanks for the help! cheers!
I don't know if MD would work since I've never owned either one of these wheels. If you look at the red SC in the previous post, he had MD disk wheels with LS400 brakes, but we don't know if he was running a small spacer. You could easily call SSR or the shop you plan on buying from and ask them.

High metal bronze is a really nice color, but the spokes of your wheels don't have enough surface area to truly appreciate the color. Between the two I would choose touring gold, but that's just me.
Old 04-17-17, 05:03 PM
spoton
Driver School Candidate

Sweet well thanks for all the help!! I just placed my order today on the wheels went with front 18x9.5 +22 (MD) and 18x10.5 +30 (SL) the wait is going to be painful but well worth it.
Old 04-26-17, 01:17 PM
LoadbSC
Driver School Candidate

sup guy i could have missed it, i kno some are not a fan but is there anyone running stag 20's if so what are your spec... i already have 20's on just want to change the back rims
Old 04-26-17, 05:41 PM
Blkexcoupe
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by LoadbSC
sup guy i could have missed it, i kno some are not a fan but is there anyone running stag 20's if so what are your spec... i already have 20's on just want to change the back rims
the ideal widths and offsets stay the same for any diameter of rim, so there's no need to ask for help with 20's unless you're looking for tire sizes.
Old 05-01-17, 03:18 AM
kartel876
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

whats up everyone. going for 18x11 +15 Work Cr2P bronze on my 1992 SC300. Already have CX Racing coilovers but switching to a new set of BC's today. I'll post pics i know i will need alot of fender work and some camber adjustments. front tires are 255/40/18 and rear are 275/40/18. wish me luck please!
Old 05-01-17, 09:19 AM
jadu
live.love.laugh.lexus

Received 88 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by kartel876
whats up everyone. going for 18x11 +15 Work Cr2P bronze on my 1992 SC300. Already have CX Racing coilovers but switching to a new set of BC's today. I'll post pics i know i will need alot of fender work and some camber adjustments. front tires are 255/40/18 and rear are 275/40/18. wish me luck please!
a lil bit of negative camber will get those to fit. gl
Old 05-02-17, 09:59 PM
wwhite
Driver School Candidate

Just like to say thanks, as the information in this post has led to the following:
- new BC Racing coil overs
- new AVID 1 AV-06 wheels - hyper
The car also has a H.I.C USA rear window visor, that fits perfectly.

The rim dimensions are: 18"x8.5" +35mm offset.
The tires are 235/40/18.

Last edited by wwhite; 05-03-17 at 11:55 AM. Reason: adding colour hyper, corrected spelling
Old 05-03-17, 05:42 AM
TitanG545
Driver

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

I love lurking in this thread, looks like 19" is where I will go when I get new wheels for the SC. I would like 20" but don't want to mess with the ride dimensions, smaller selection of wheels, and don't think the larger size would really fit the mark are also factors.
Old 05-13-17, 06:57 AM
Returd
Intermediate

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

I currently have BBS rims 17x8 with an ET of 42. Running 245 45 17's (just bought new rubber)

2 rims need replacing. I found a reasonably priced set of rims 17x8 with a ET35.

I'm lowered a bit from stock but not much.

Will I rub with the ET35"s?
Old 05-16-17, 08:37 PM
MrBigNasty
Driver School Candidate

Default Need help

So kind of new here. First post.

looking to get new set of wheels so I can run a 315/30r18 drag radial. I have looked at over 30 pages and hardly any one runs this big of a tire. I am wondering what offset I should get? I plan on getting 10" wide wheels so the tire will poke out more then the rim. Also open to going wider if I find the right rim. This is only for rear tire.

purpose -I will only be drag racing this car
Ride hight- have Megan coilovers so can adjust
rear fenders- are pulled (whoever did it should be taken out back and Beaten with whatever he did it with.)
tire size- 315/30r18 drag radials
Rim-
18x10 offset???
18x10.5 offset???
18x11 offset???

I hope I have thought of everything. Thanks in advance!! This is the first thing I have not found easily on the site!!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: ****Official Wheel & Tire Fitment Guide for SC300/SC400****