Print Wikipost

****Official Wheel & Tire Fitment Guide for SC300/SC400****

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-13, 11:39 AM
Biddles
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Tabaka
Who did you speak with at Varrstoen? I can't remember his name but one of the customer service reps has an SC and is running 18" x 10.5 +0 all around. I spoke with him on the phone last week. +30 is super weak. I'd get 18"h x 9.5" +12 up front and 18"x10.5 +22 out back if you don't want a pull.

FYI, I'm running 18"x9.5" +12 up front and 18"x 10.5"w +15 out back with 235/40 & 265/35. I rolled and pulled all four corners just slightly, and each side is flush. The rears poke a bit more than I'd like with minimal rubbing on highway divets. The fronts are perfectly fine, no rubbing around hard turns.
I spoke to Navith Sokasaim from VarrsToen...and this is the size he recommended to me, but my brother made measurements and recommended high 30's... Can you take some close up pictures for me of your set up? I don't want to mess this up, and I'm trying not to dish out too much more money on spaces and other stuff if possible. In fact my budgets pretty tight right now, but I've got my heart set on the ES1's.
Old 02-19-13, 03:43 PM
Li Ls4
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Depends on what kind of a look Biddles is looking to go for and what tire sizes he wants to run.

18x9.5 +30 in the front and 18x10.5 + 30 in the rear is a very nice fitment. Its not week but its not aggressive either. You would be able to run a 255 tire up front and a 275 in the rear and only have to roll you fenders.
Old 02-19-13, 04:19 PM
Biddles
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Li Ls4
Depends on what kind of a look Biddles is looking to go for and what tire sizes he wants to run.

18x9.5 +30 in the front and 18x10.5 + 30 in the rear is a very nice fitment. Its not week but its not aggressive either. You would be able to run a 255 tire up front and a 275 in the rear and only have to roll you fenders.
I'm completely new to this like I've said before, and I just want to buy wheels that I don't need to go out and worry about buying spacers or anything like that afterwards. As of right now my back wheels stick out past my fender so it's not flush. The front wheels are pretty flush though. They are 20's and they are 11" wide in the back, and 10 in the front I believe.

As far as aggressive or weak...I don't really understand that terminology to much. Is aggressive when the wheels stick out past the fender, and weak is when the wheels are too much inside?

If anything I'd like them to be pretty flush.

My car is an automatic, it is the only car I have, it's my daily driver. I'd like it to look cool as ****, but I also need it to be as functional and maintenance free as possible until I get my money up as work is slow right now. I want my tires to last long. As of right now my tires rub...I don't like that at all. I hate it when I got a girl in my car like the other day and every damn bump you can hear the tire rubbing...it's not a good look or a pleasant sound. I'm sure that's mainly because I'm on 20's though. Anyway I hope that helps you help me get a good fit.
Old 02-19-13, 09:09 PM
Li Ls4
Lexus Champion

look at post #3265 on page 218 of this thread. its a picture of a 18x10.5 +30 with a 275 tire on it.

yea u have the general idea about aggressive and weak.

as far as your current wheels the reason why u may be rubbing isnt because they are 20s its the offset and tire size you have on. what are the offsets and tire sizes of the wheels you have on right now?
Old 02-20-13, 07:00 AM
Biddles
Lexus Test Driver

look at post #3265 on page 218 of this thread. its a picture of a 18x10.5 +30 with a 275 tire on it.

yea u have the general idea about aggressive and weak.

as far as your current wheels the reason why u may be rubbing isnt because they are 20s its the offset and tire size you have on. what are the offsets and tire sizes of the wheels you have on right now?
Here's a few pics of my current wheels. My brother thinks the offset when he looked at them the other day was +37 in the rear, and +32 in the front which is why I was aiming for the +30 offset on the new wheels as it's the highest they make for that set. Perhaps my brother measured wrong? The rear wheels are 20x11, and the fronts are 20x10. The Varrstoens I want are going to be 18x9.5 and 18x10.5, just need to know what offset will look great and not need spacers. I don't mind rolling the fenders. Tire size in the pics below.

Rear Tires

Front Tires

I realize my cars dirty, it's been nothing but snowstorm and mud followed by snowstorm and mud over here.
Old 02-20-13, 10:05 AM
Li Ls4
Lexus Champion

By the looks of those all you would need to do is roll the fenders flat. As far as which offset for the varstoen wheels take a look @ page 218. Imo 10.5 +30 in the rear and 9.5 +30 would look good.

You should really look through this entire thread to better make a decision. There have been so many combinations already done which would give u a good idea of what will work and look good. I did this when I was getting my volks
Old 02-20-13, 12:47 PM
Biddles
Lexus Test Driver

By the looks of those all you would need to do is roll the fenders flat. As far as which offset for the varstoen wheels take a look @ page 218. Imo 10.5 +30 in the rear and 9.5 +30 would look good.

You should really look through this entire thread to better make a decision. There have been so many combinations already done which would give u a good idea of what will work and look good. I did this when I was getting my volks
Lol I'm slowly trekking through the thread, but at 300 pages long...its hard to know where to start.

Wow just found about Rimtuck.com....great site gives me pics for every set up.

Last edited by Biddles; 02-20-13 at 01:54 PM.
Old 02-20-13, 05:28 PM
ASTERiSK
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

My fronts fit pretty on point with -5.1 camber, specs are 18x9.5 0 offset (215/40/18). The rears are a problem though, it pokes about 10mm too much from what I think, specs are 18x10.5 +5 offset 235/40/18). It's sitting about halfway on the tire wall, what do you think?
Old 02-21-13, 12:22 AM
jadu
live.love.laugh.lexus

Received 89 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by ASTERiSK
My fronts fit pretty on point with -5.1 camber, specs are 18x9.5 0 offset (215/40/18). The rears are a problem though, it pokes about 10mm too much from what I think, specs are 18x10.5 +5 offset 235/40/18). It's sitting about halfway on the tire wall, what do you think?

That sounds about right. 235s should yield a decent stretch. Haveyou rolled the fenders flat and tested a full load in back? It may tuck nicely. If anything, some burnt rubber as you rub off the lettering on the sidewall
Old 02-21-13, 07:34 AM
silverAg
Rookie

Just wanted to get advice on fitment on a stock bodied sc300 these specs of wheels 18x9 -4 and 18x10 +0. I rolled the rear fenders flat but haven't touched the fronts a +15 9.5 wheel fits just fine but haven't tried a 9 -4 so advice would help.

thank you in advance
Old 02-21-13, 08:32 AM
Li Ls4
Lexus Champion

the front will stick out about an extra 13mm about half an inch compared to the 9.5 +15. your best bet it to just go out there with a ruler and see where ull end up. the rear will require a pull.

i would recommend this to everyone who already has wheels and wants to get another set. Google offset calculator and use one of the sites that come up and enter ur current setup and the new setup ur thinking about. It will give you how much more or less the wheel be compared to ur current set up. after that take a ruler and go out to ur car an measure the difference.
Old 02-23-13, 11:38 PM
raine
Lexus Test Driver

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Hello again - how can I hep you? LOL

Sorry, been busy at work and had zero time for forum stuff =X
Old 02-24-13, 07:06 AM
iridebmx
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

i would recommend this to everyone who already has wheels and wants to get another set. Google offset calculator and use one of the sites that come up and enter ur current setup and the new setup ur thinking about. It will give you how much more or less the wheel be compared to ur current set up. after that take a ruler and go out to ur car an measure the difference.
http://www.willtheyfit.com/ i use this site personally for this same idea.

I think the beginning of this thread should have a base setup. a car that has a flush setup front and rear no poke and not sunken either. just flat rolled/shaved fenders and a drop that has the rear fender in the middle of the tire and the front fender right on the top of the tire but has near 1.5 degrees camber all around and a good alignment. people then could decide higher or lower, or bigger or smaller and how it compares to the base setup.

something like 18x9.5 +20 255/35 rear and 18x8.5 +15 235/40 front. that setup is basically a base.

so say someones asking about some crazy size like 19x10 +0 235/35 front 19x11 +0 255/35 type each in separate wheel (f and r) on the site above and you know if you need more fender work or if you are ok. in the examples case the front will sit about 24mm out of the fender and the rears about 40mm.... so a lot of fender work + more negative camber required. the site give all the details needed.

just a thought...
Old 02-24-13, 09:30 AM
raine
Lexus Test Driver

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by iridebmx
I think the beginning of this thread should have a base setup. a car that has a flush setup front and rear no poke and not sunken either. just flat rolled/shaved fenders and a drop that has the rear fender in the middle of the tire and the front fender right on the top of the tire but has near 1.5 degrees camber all around and a good alignment. people then could decide higher or lower, or bigger or smaller and how it compares to the base setup.

something like 18x9.5 +20 255/35 rear and 18x8.5 +15 235/40 front. that setup is basically a base.

so say someones asking about some crazy size like 19x10 +0 235/35 front 19x11 +0 255/35 type each in separate wheel (f and r) on the site above and you know if you need more fender work or if you are ok. in the examples case the front will sit about 24mm out of the fender and the rears about 40mm.... so a lot of fender work + more negative camber required. the site give all the details needed.

just a thought...
Nice idea, but to be honest with you - through out the years many of the people (not all, but many) who have posted questions in here didn't/couldn't/are too lazy do that LOL

The people posting in this thread usually fall into one of 5 categories (some joking ahead; keep your happy face on LOL):

Those Who Genuinely Try: There are the few who actually try to figure wheel fitment on their own; they go through this thread, they research other sources, look at many photos of fitments, take the time to find what they are looking for. They figure out a wheel/tire size and offset, get to that last step, and then just need confirmation on their choices. These people I'll gladly help over the "finish line" because the put the effort into it.

Those Who Think That "Trying" Means Googling It Once: Then there's the one-time searchers who "try" to look, don't find the same setup the first time they type it into Google, nor do they see the same setup in the first 4 pages of this thread. So they decide to just ask because OMG it's taking way longer than 3 minutes to figure it out

Those Who Go Ghetto Custom: Then there's the "I want to get cheap used wheels that come in really bad/wrong offsets that don't fit the car, but I want them anyways because they're cheap so tell me what I need to do to make it fit" people

Those Who Believe in Bigfoot: Then there's the "I want hella-flush-JDM-VIP-fitment slammed to the ground Illest yo-style... but I don't want to do ANYTHING to my fenders and I don't want to change ANY alignment specs" people. Yeah, it's that easy

Those Who Have Issues With Imagining a 2mm Difference: Then there's the "I'm looking at a 18x8.5 +22 wheel. There's a photo in this thread of an 18x8.5 +20 wheel. So it's not the same - will my wheel fit?" people

There are already a lot of different "base" setups with photos throughout this thread. Most of the new wheel questions could have been answered on their own if they just put the time into looking through the thread - but usually they don't look first, no matter how many times you suggest it LOL

Last edited by raine; 02-24-13 at 05:29 PM.
Old 02-24-13, 09:39 AM
Li Ls4
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by raine

There are already a lot of different "base" setups with photos throughout this thread. Most of the new wheel questions could have been answered on their own if they just put the time into looking through the thread - but usually they don't look first, no matter how many times you suggest it LOL
this is very sad but ohh so very true

Quick Reply: ****Official Wheel & Tire Fitment Guide for SC300/SC400****