Print Wikipost

****Official Wheel & Tire Fitment Guide for SC300/SC400****

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-12, 10:54 AM
ItsMiles
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by raine
Above the left front splash guard you'll see the main engine harness; above the right front splash guard you'll see the airbag sensor harness. Both of these need to be rerouted through the engine bay as opposed to their stock locations - but only if you lower your car beyond the standard spring and shock combo.
Oh wow thanks for the quick response Raine... Well my car is definitely lowered beyond the stock height with these coilovers, so now the big question, how to do I go about rerouting the wires through the engine bay?
Old 04-16-12, 10:56 AM
OG Dada
Lexus Champion

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

^^^DIY section. That's where all DIY write ups are.
Old 04-16-12, 10:56 AM
ItsMiles
Driver

Oh whoops... Sorry using my phone and didn't realize this question was answered. Thanks guys. I guess I'll go search for that thread on how to do this...
Maybe this is why some of the electronics on my car seem to turn off and on when I hit a bump.. :/
Old 04-16-12, 10:57 AM
raine
Lexus Test Driver

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by ItsMiles
Oh wow thanks for the quick response Raine... Well my car is definitely lowered beyond the stock height with these coilovers, so now the big question, how to do I go about rerouting the wires through the engine bay?
There's a HT somewhere on the forum (forgot where, someone else might chime in and link it) where they have you unplug the main harness from underneath the driver's side dash area, pull it through into the engine bay, and then plug it back in afterward. Not sure how easy this is, as when I had to relocate my harness it was because I cut it into two pieces on the way home from work one day =X Mine was a splice and relocate job.
Old 04-17-12, 07:19 AM
Bill4458
Driver School Candidate

F: 18x10.5 +15mm, 235/40/18
R: 18x10.5 +15mm, 245/40/18
Old 04-18-12, 01:38 AM
CSPhoto
Driver

Originally Posted by Mike@Vossen
Need to see some CV3s on the SC
OH RLY?
Old 04-19-12, 02:27 AM
ItsMiles
Driver

my wheels are the XXR 526
18x9 +30 225/40/18Front
18x9 +30 235/35/18Rear

Name:  photo.jpg
Views: 609
Size:  125.9 KB
Name:  photo-1.jpg
Views: 636
Size:  132.0 KB

i have megan coilovers on the SC. and the replica vertex kit.

now my question is... does the rear wheel well look really empty with these wheels? do i need to go with a larger series tire in the rear? maybe a 40 series? i know i want a lower offset wheel, but i dont know if id need 19s to fill up the tire gap more...

the thing killing me here is that with this kit, and my neighborhood, dropping the rear any lower would add alot of risk damaging the body.

im really looking for a way to fill up the rear tire gap so that the car looks a little more clean
any suggestions at all are greatly appreciated.
Old 04-19-12, 04:06 AM
raine
Lexus Test Driver

does the rear wheel well look really empty with these wheels?
All four corners do.

do i need to go with a larger series tire in the rear? maybe a 40 series
235 on a 9" is already chunky and square as is.

I know i want a lower offset wheel, but i dont know if id need 19s to fill up the tire gap more...
You wouldn't need 19's if your wheels were wider and with less offset - but they aren't. 19's would fill a lot of the "tire gap" you're referring to.

the thing killing me here is that with this kit, and my neighborhood, dropping the rear any lower would add alot of risk damaging the body.
Dropping the rear of your car as it looks now will just make it look like it has flat rear tires.

im really looking for a way to fill up the rear tire gap so that the car looks a little more clean any suggestions at all are greatly appreciated.
Get the body kit painted first - does A LOT to how SC's look, especially with a larger body kit like what you have.
Old 04-19-12, 07:38 AM
invasion
Driver School Candidate

sorry didn't have time to search 300 pgs of forum but....... Will 19x8.5 + 20 and 19x10 +25 work on my sc....... from what I can tell it will be really close. I don't mind rolling fenders but don't want that big - camber look. would like it pretty flush and straight
Old 04-19-12, 09:57 AM
raine
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by invasion
sorry didn't have time to search 300 pgs of forum but....... Will 19x8.5 + 20 and 19x10 +25 work on my sc....... from what I can tell it will be really close. I don't mind rolling fenders but don't want that big - camber look. would like it pretty flush and straight
Front fitment will be:
Rear fitment will be:

sorry, didn't have time to finish this post.
Old 04-19-12, 04:50 PM
ItsMiles
Driver

thanks for your response and input Raine. i completely hear you. i definitely need these bumpers painted. lol. you think spacers in the rear might make the car a little better for the mean time? i understand it wont make up for actually getting wider or lower offset wheels. but im really looking for something temporary until i am ready to paint and get a better set of wheels.

i really appreciate the input though. ive always loved the SCs my first time actually owning one. just asking for fellow SC owners for their opinions so i could use those opinions and make my car better.
Old 04-19-12, 08:46 PM
Akito san
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

very nice props for the DD's,
for the rear panel, which steps did you guys do for the inner lip to flatten it up?
remove bolted trim,hammered flat..any cutting ?

my rear setup is 235/50/17 17x10 +20 on Tein flex
its almost time to replace my rear tires, any size input for the new set will be appreciated
Old 04-19-12, 09:16 PM
raine
Lexus Test Driver

thanks for your response and input Raine. i completely hear you. i definitely need these bumpers painted. lol. you think spacers in the rear might make the car a little better for the mean time? i understand it wont make up for actually getting wider or lower offset wheels. but im really looking for something temporary until i am ready to paint and get a better set of wheels.

i really appreciate the input though. ive always loved the SCs my first time actually owning one. just asking for fellow SC owners for their opinions so i could use those opinions and make my car better.
Well you have few factors that, when combined, aren't really ideal:

1. You have a big body kit - by "big" I mean pronounced, as opposed to 97-OEM, which is more subtle. Drifter kits are usually "big" such as the Vertex kit.

2. You said that you can't/won't go any lower because of the area you're in, so your ride height is set high for 18's.

3. You have 18" wheels, which only usually works with a stock-bodied car slammed down. There's a few kitted SC's on 18's that look good, but again they're usually on slammed cars, and 18's are a tad undersized for the SC fender size.

So... basically you have undersized wheels/tires for an oversized car/bodykit combo. Going with a thicker tire will just make the wheel gap more noticeable, because it'll look like you have a donut under your fender. Spacers only affect width, but in your case I think that ride height is what's hurting you. I almost want to say that judging by your photos and the gap between the tire and fender, you almost have lowering spring height, not coilover-capable height.

With that body kit, unless you're willing to lower the ride height more to fill that wheel gap, the only real solution here would be to get larger wheels (I'd say 19"s with correct width and offset) to compliment large body kit.

And you're welcome for the input; thank you for taking it in a positive way and not getting all butt hurt about it - unlike some others in this thread LOL
Old 04-20-12, 07:43 AM
ill eagle
Driver School Candidate

REAR 19X 11 275/35/19 FRONT 19X 10 245/35/19 IForged Daytonas

Last edited by ill eagle; 04-20-12 at 07:49 AM.
Old 04-20-12, 10:51 AM
ItsMiles
Driver

Raine, thanks again.. Yeah I figured 19s would have been the solution. I have noticed some kitted SCs with 18s slammed. I would love to go that route, but since I DD my car and work for hospitals I get these awkwardly built driveways. Those of which I scrape very bad already even with my ride height... I'm actually on coilovers already too. I guess it's time to find some 19s

Quick Reply: ****Official Wheel & Tire Fitment Guide for SC300/SC400****