Browse all: Tires and Wheels Guide
Print Wikipost

****Official Wheel & Tire Fitment Guide for SC300/SC400****

Old 12-28-06, 08:56 AM
FreddyDux
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how come

Also maybe this will help some people understand what i am asking. how come some cars look like this f __--- r instead of like the blackone on top that looks straight like this f ---- r. Could it be the tires or the way its lowered?
Old 12-28-06, 08:58 AM
FreddyDux
Driver School Candidate

Default thx

supra what makes the difference between 9 and 10 inch wide rims i thought it was just the size of the rim u know 17 and 18 and the size of the tire?
Old 12-28-06, 09:04 AM
mitsuguy
Maintenance Moderator

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by FreddyDux
supra what makes the difference between 9 and 10 inch wide rims i thought it was just the size of the rim u know 17 and 18 and the size of the tire?
wheel width and offset also play an important factor in what the tire looks like on the wheel, and where the wheel sits in relation to the fenderwell...
Old 12-28-06, 09:33 AM
FreddyDux
Driver School Candidate

Default thx

so u sayin 10 inch wide rims to get that look? why is it people put different size tires on the rear than in front? why not just keep the same size all around? thx in advance appreciate it all.
Old 12-28-06, 09:35 AM
FreddyDux
Driver School Candidate

i was also thinkin tein cs coliovers. what do u think i do not want to do any fender mods can i still get that deep dish look with 18s at 10 inch wide? again what kind of tires would ineed? and why not just keep them the same size allaroun?
Old 12-28-06, 09:37 AM
FreddyDux
Driver School Candidate

tell me not that green looks hot wit them gold rims. its nice and simple thas what i love about it. and it s the same color i got iwas thinkin some 100 spoke rims like daytons gold plated.
Old 12-28-06, 09:37 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,117 Likes on 1,292 Posts

Also maybe this will help some people understand what i am asking. how come some cars look like this f __--- r instead of like the blackone on top that looks straight like this f ---- r. Could it be the tires or the way its lowered?
Are you talking about the way the wheel sits compared to the fender? Or the way the tire sits compared to the wheel?
Old 12-28-06, 09:53 AM
FreddyDux
Driver School Candidate

im talking about how the car leans to the front rather than it being parallel to the ground thx for the interest.
Old 12-28-06, 10:00 AM
FreddyDux
Driver School Candidate

Default hey

Originally Posted by JZZ30TT
I know I know.. lol lemme see if i can fix em....

THIS CAR IS FOR SALE BTW!
does anyone know what size the gold rims on the green car are? are they some type of deep dish or what can any one help?
Old 12-28-06, 10:01 AM
mitsuguy
Maintenance Moderator

im talking about how the car leans to the front rather than it being parallel to the ground thx for the interest.
our cars naturally ride a little higher in the back... also, slight difference in tire height is enough to make the difference... my car rides 1/4" higher in the back than the front, just because... slight weight differences can be enough to make it ride just a little higher in the back as well, removal of the spare tire, less gas in the tank...

our cars naturally look like they are angled down in the front just because of the lines in the body... plus with a picture taken from the right angle, will look a lot taller in the back...
Old 12-28-06, 10:11 AM
FreddyDux
Driver School Candidate

Default thx alot

question sorry to bother so much but having wider rims like 18x10s will make that deep dish look or what. in other words the wider the rim is the more of a deep dish effect. is this true?
Old 12-28-06, 11:16 AM
mitsuguy
Maintenance Moderator

question sorry to bother so much but having wider rims like 18x10s will make that deep dish look or what. in other words the wider the rim is the more of a deep dish effect. is this true?
depends on the design of the wheel... there are some wheels that are very wide with little to no dish at all, however, there are narrower wheels with lots of dish...
Old 12-28-06, 11:46 AM
FreddyDux
Driver School Candidate

Default thx

are there any websites that speacalize in deep dish rims where can i get some of those deep dishes. is there some speacial codename for them?
Old 12-28-06, 12:03 PM
mitsuguy
Maintenance Moderator

are there any websites that speacalize in deep dish rims where can i get some of those deep dishes. is there some speacial codename for them?
Though I've never dealt with them, a sponsor of this site D2 Autosport has posted some pretty good deals on wheel/tire packages that are fitted for the SC's...
Old 12-28-06, 12:16 PM
FreddyDux
Driver School Candidate

Default thx

Originally Posted by mitsuguy
Though I've never dealt with them, a sponsor of this site D2 Autosport has posted some pretty good deals on wheel/tire packages that are fitted for the SC's...
thx alot my friend much appreciated bro i guess ill see ya around cant tell u how helpfull uve been peace

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: ****Official Wheel & Tire Fitment Guide for SC300/SC400****