Print Wikipost

****Official Wheel & Tire Fitment Guide for SC300/SC400****

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-05, 05:38 PM
JZZ30TT
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by roo
120mm is insane...that's work's super low disc, right?
It's O disc rear, A front
Old 10-28-05, 07:59 PM
nysupraman
Racer

Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts
Question stretched staggered tire setup?

i wanna slap on some 19 x 8.5s up front and 19 x 10s out back, i also have the espelir/tokico combo which has 1.5inch drop all around. im thinking of going stretched to prevent rubbing issues, what tire size should be my best option? oh yeah the wheels have a +35mm offset all around.
Old 10-30-05, 08:47 PM
roo
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JZZ30TT
It's O disc rear, A front
very nice...i'm jealous, you have more lip. I have a whole inch on you for wheel width but it's all on the inside.
Old 11-02-05, 12:39 PM
MongooseGA
Racer

Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts

This thread really should be stickied...

Lots of great info. I learned the basics of offset just by reading through.

Anyway, I've got a few questions of my own. Using the wheel offset calculator posted earlir in this thread, I was given these results comparing an 18"x9" wheels with a +45mm offset to my stock 16"x7" (+50mm offset) wheels.:

Originally Posted by Tire Calculator
Your new wheel will have the following chracteristics:
The clearance from stut housing to the inside of the wheel will be 14mm LESS
The outside edge of the wheel will EXTEND an extra 24mm
How much of a difference will 24mm make? Obviously it won't sit completely flush, as the wheel in question has a +45 offset. Hypothetically, how much spacer would it take to push it out to be a little more flush? Please keep in mind that my tastes are conservative and although I enjoy looking at the pictures, running super low offsets/stretching tires/ pulling fenders just isn't my style.

Also, when the caclulator says this:
The clearance from stut housing to the inside of the wheel will be 14mm LESS
Does that mean I have less clearence for brake calipers? Maybe I just read and interpreted it incorrectly. After school and it's naptime.
Old 11-02-05, 12:41 PM
MongooseGA
Racer

Originally Posted by nysupraman
i wanna slap on some 19 x 8.5s up front and 19 x 10s out back, i also have the espelir/tokico combo which has 1.5inch drop all around. im thinking of going stretched to prevent rubbing issues, what tire size should be my best option? oh yeah the wheels have a +35mm offset all around.
How old are your springs? My Tokico/Espelir combo dropped my car 2.25 and 2.5 inches front and rear (or vice versa... I don't recall). I'm on factory rolling stock- would your wheels have made that much of a difference?
Old 11-02-05, 12:48 PM
ACleanSC4
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by MongooseGA
How much of a difference will 24mm make? Obviously it won't sit completely flush, as the wheel in question has a +45 offset. Hypothetically, how much spacer would it take to push it out to be a little more flush? Please keep in mind that my tastes are conservative and although I enjoy looking at the pictures, running super low offsets/stretching tires/ pulling fenders just isn't my style.
Yes, I agree this thread should be stickied!!

Anyways, 24mm is about an inch, so you can imagine your stockers sitting out about an inch.

18x9 +45 is very conservative...if you look earlier in the thread, MongolKhan has 18x10 +24 in the front, looks perfect!
Old 11-02-05, 01:02 PM
MongooseGA
Racer

Originally Posted by ACleanSC4
Yes, I agree this thread should be stickied!!

Anyways, 24mm is about an inch, so you can imagine your stockers sitting out about an inch.

18x9 +45 is very conservative...if you look earlier in the thread, MongolKhan has 18x10 +24 in the front, looks perfect!

Without looks back at his pics, I'm assuming "perfect" would be completely flush? So, his additional 21mm of negative offset from my potential +45mm would leave the wheels I'm looking at about 1" tucked?

I've got a friend trying to tell me that the extra width compared to my stockers will make them push out more. I don't believe this is the case, as it would only give me more wheel width inside the fender. Is this correct? Width shouldn't have anything to do with the offset and it's fitment.
Old 11-02-05, 01:24 PM
ACleanSC4
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Without looks back at his pics, I'm assuming "perfect" would be completely flush? So, his additional 21mm of negative offset from my potential +45mm would leave the wheels I'm looking at about 1" tucked?

I've got a friend trying to tell me that the extra width compared to my stockers will make them push out more. I don't believe this is the case, as it would only give me more wheel width inside the fender. Is this correct? Width shouldn't have anything to do with the offset and it's fitment.
I don't think he (Mongol) has posted any rear shots so we can tell if it's perfectly flush or not. Again, perfect has many views...it could be 18x10 +24 or 18x10 +22, etc...depends the look you're going for...

Now, the lower the offset you go, the closer the outer edge of the rim will be towards the fender. Wider wheels, paired with nice offsets, will give you a wider stance as well as having a "fuller" look to the car.
Old 11-02-05, 03:04 PM
MongooseGA
Racer

Originally Posted by ACleanSC4
I don't think he (Mongol) has posted any rear shots so we can tell if it's perfectly flush or not. Again, perfect has many views...it could be 18x10 +24 or 18x10 +22, etc...depends the look you're going for...

Now, the lower the offset you go, the closer the outer edge of the rim will be towards the fender. Wider wheels, paired with nice offsets, will give you a wider stance as well as having a "fuller" look to the car.

What about this:

The clearance from strut housing to the inside of the wheel will be 14mm LESS

Does this mean less brake clearance?
Old 11-02-05, 03:54 PM
AME_VIP
Lexus Champion

nope its nothing to do with brake clearance.

Just how close the wheel is to hitting your strut. If your run a wide wheel with a high offset you could run into this problem.
Old 11-02-05, 04:03 PM
MongooseGA
Racer

Originally Posted by TurboTeg
nope its nothing to do with brake clearance.

Just how close the wheel is to hitting your strut. If your run a wide wheel with a high offset you could run into this problem.
I see now. Thanks for clarifying. So, on a 9" wide wheel with a +45mm offset at all four corners, will it be a problem?

Obviously it can be remedied with spacers, but I'm really hesitant about putting spacers on. I've just read "bad/cheap/unsafe" too much, I think.
Old 11-02-05, 06:48 PM
nysupraman
Racer

Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts

How old are your springs? My Tokico/Espelir combo dropped my car 2.25 and 2.5 inches front and rear (or vice versa... I don't recall). I'm on factory rolling stock- would your wheels have made that much of a difference?

about an inch difference between stockers and 18s, so yes i guess so.
Old 11-02-05, 08:44 PM
Streamline
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I see now. Thanks for clarifying. So, on a 9" wide wheel with a +45mm offset at all four corners, will it be a problem?

Obviously it can be remedied with spacers, but I'm really hesitant about putting spacers on. I've just read "bad/cheap/unsafe" too much, I think.
MongooseGA

I finally got around to mounting the wheels on my car. I still have only the stock suspension, so the car is sitting way too high. In case you don't remember, my wheels are 18 x 9 w/ the +45 offset. No rubbing issues yet. Will provide pics tomorrow or by this weekend.
Old 11-02-05, 09:21 PM
MongooseGA
Racer

Originally Posted by Streamline
MongooseGA

I finally got around to mounting the wheels on my car. I still have only the stock suspension, so the car is sitting way too high. In case you don't remember, my wheels are 18 x 9 w/ the +45 offset. No rubbing issues yet. Will provide pics tomorrow or by this weekend.
Kick ***. Thanks for remembering. The wheels I'm looking at are the same ones you bought, but I'm looking at chrome. I would have jumped on yours but I wasn't sure the color would look right with my teal.

How do they look as far as being 'pushed in' as of now? Obviously not flush, but about how far off are they?

Lemme know
Old 11-02-05, 09:29 PM
AME_VIP
Lexus Champion

It will fit fine but they will be sunken in the fender. I ran 18x9 +43 with 245/40/18 for a while.

I didn't like the look of it.

Quick Reply: ****Official Wheel & Tire Fitment Guide for SC300/SC400****