cyberdiamo
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cyberdiamo
CL Member Name: cyberdiamond
Rim Brand and Type: Sparco NT
Rim Size f/r: 18x8.5 & 18x10
Rim Offset f/r: +45
Tire Size f/r: 235 (needs 245's) / 265 (needs 285's)
Suspension Setup: Height Ajustable Factory Air Bags
Comment On Ride: Also Electronically Ajustable
Fender Modifications: none
Any other comments:
Front high disc & rear normal disc to clear large calipers.
As you can see it needs bigger tyres on the rims!
Handling is very balanced and doesn't tramline due to the correct offsets, I track the car so that's more important than looks to me

Pictures:
SNIP
Originally Posted by Nitekids
Ladies and gents here's a great example of what NOT to do. No offence.
Your "opinion" based solely on looks alone! (see further down for more of an explaination)

I said "no offence." I can't helpt it that most people unknownly buy poor fitting wheel that are super sunk and look like crap. That's why I'm here to guide people in the right way of doing these as far as wheels. Most people are clueless of offset or even if they know what it is choose weak offset and don't know any better. I"m just trying to stear people toward the right direction.
I have a great understanding of offset and looked very hard to find a set of wide wheels with +45.

I think it's YOU that ONLY knows how offset affects looks, and you probably have no clue on suspension design or the effect offset has on handling!!!

As for trying to STEER people in the right direction, give them the facts and let them make up their own mind as to what they want / need.

In style Yes but as far as poor wheelfitment most people end up the w/ what they end up with cause they simply don't know any better. I'm pretty sure most peole don't buy wheels saying. I want these wheels to look like crap and to be super sunk into the fender. They often times like the style and the diameter of the wheel but as far as the wheel sitting the way it should to look optimal they are not familiar with. Thats why I am trying to help others on here to make it look like the way it should look.
I circuit race the car (I think you call it road racing?)
As above one of the reasons I chose the offsets that were best for handling

Secondly when the bigger tyres go on I still want to be able to dump it right down (it has electronic height ajust by a flick of a switch from in the cabin as factory so I can go back up to get into a driveway etc) and that would rub like crazy if the car was dumped and the tyres were flush.

Do you guys / girls that run offsets that push the wheel out towards the guard now notice the car is twitchy in a straight line and you can't relax or let go of the wheel because it wants to veer left or right all the time.
On long journeys it get very tiring and nowhere near as enjoyable.
This is a known issue with changing you scrub radius with that kind of offset, also your tyres must wear out the inside edge due to the camber angle.

I wish I got a email notification after you replied but I still thought this needed to be cleared up.
In general, do what you like with your cars but do it knowing ALL the facts and how it will affect other things.

Last edited by cyberdiamo; 09-27-05 at 02:29 AM.
Old 09-27-05, 06:31 AM
bmsport
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have that exact same wheel fitment sitting at my office.....it was for a 350Z but the Japanese office sent regular TE37's instead of the polished lip version. I never thought about fitting it on SC...and they are Top Secret Gold....hmmmmm

How far did you pull the front fenders? 22 is damn aggressive...i was planning on a 18x10 24 up front with +25 wide fenders. I think if you ran a little bit of neg. camber up front it might solve your rubbing issues up front. This is really interesting...
Top secret gold would be hot with the right color! The front fenders arent pulled very much, only by hand, but the rears we used a fender puller to make about 10mm of extra room. Its strange that after pulling the fenders, you cant really tell they are pulled at all because of the car's lines. I didnt want to go with overfenders either simply because they are not needed. I also run very little negative camber, i will probably run slightly more when i get it alighned again.
Old 09-27-05, 10:30 AM
J J
Driver

Originally Posted by cyberdiamo

I think it's YOU that ONLY knows how offset affects looks, and you probably have no clue on suspension design or the effect offset has on handling!!!

You are right-no need to defend your setup from a performance point of view. That guy is the definiton of a ricer.
Old 09-27-05, 02:52 PM
AME_VIP
Lexus Champion

I've changed my setup to Roja Formula 7 19x8 +25 245/35/19 and 19x10 +30 275/30/19

The rears fit perfectly IMO with no rubbing (rolled fenders) However the fronts rub a lot on hard bumps. I already raised the car so there is a finger gap and rolled the front fenders. The tires came with the wheels and are too big so they bulge. I think thats part of the problem. Any suggestions besides buying a new pair of tires for the front?
Old 09-27-05, 09:49 PM
soarerxx
Rookie

Today I looked at my pre-order Rims Volks GT-C 19x8.5 +39( 42mm ) & 19x9.5 +37( 61mm)
I ordered about 6 weeks ago
I was dissappointed on the way it looked
looks was vary conservaitve
I WANTED A AGGRESSIVE LOOK!!!!
The look I'm looking for is like ' Mr. Ueno D1 soarer but in 19's??
it was Volks GT-C F18x 10j +21 face 1
R18x 11j +18 face 2
the company I purchase wheels from agree that the front Rims
was appeared rather shallow for a face 1
but Rear rims face 2 had a nice lip, but better looking as front rims ??
these rim filiment was recommended by importer of these wheels from japan...

So does any SC owners know what was a aggresive offset for Volks GT-C in 19"are???
this weekend my SC going to Paint / body shop repair my rear end damage repiars
and install my Vertex body kit
And repaint the whole car over...
the process will take about 6-8 weeks???
So I have a little time to look new rims..

Thanks Sam

Last edited by soarerxx; 09-29-05 at 06:48 PM.
Old 09-27-05, 10:07 PM
roo
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by TurboTeg
I've changed my setup to Roja Formula 7 19x8 +25 245/35/19 and 19x10 +30 275/30/19

The rears fit perfectly IMO with no rubbing (rolled fenders) However the fronts rub a lot on hard bumps. I already raised the car so there is a finger gap and rolled the front fenders. The tires came with the wheels and are too big so they bulge. I think thats part of the problem. Any suggestions besides buying a new pair of tires for the front?
more neg. camber up front but the tires will wear uneven so be prepared to rotate them when they need it
Old 09-27-05, 10:09 PM
roo
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by soarerxx
Today I looked at my pre-order Rims Volks GT-C 19x8.5 +37( 42mm ) & 19x9.5 +37( 61mm)
The look I'm looking for is like ' Mr. Ureno D1 soarer but in 19's??
R18x 11j +18 face 2

the company I purchase wheels from agree that the front Rims
was appeared rather shallow for a face 1
but Rear rims face 2 had a nice lip, but better looking as front rims ??
these rim filiment was recommended by importer of these wheels from japan...

So does any SC owners know what was a aggresive offset for Volks GT-C in 19"are???
this weekend my SC going to Paint / body shop repair my rear end damage repiars
and install my Vertex body kit
And repaint the whole car over...
the process will take about 6-8 weeks???
So I have a little time to look new rims..

Thanks Sam
where did you see those sizes posted? I always saw 18x10+24 and 18x11+18 on the volk flyers...
Old 09-28-05, 05:59 AM
soarerxx
Rookie

Who's out there running Volk GT-C in 19"s
Wheel size???
what your offset??
lip size ???
what fender mods done ??
PLease show me your Pics????

Thanks Sam
Old 09-28-05, 07:36 AM
JZZ30TT
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by soarerxx
Today I looked at my pre-order Rims Volks GT-C 19x8.5 +37( 42mm ) & 19x9.5 +37( 61mm)
The look I'm looking for is like ' Mr. Ureno D1 soarer but in 19's??
R18x 11j +18 face 2

Any supplier is going to offer you conservative fitment. There's nothing special about the GT-C in terms of fitment, so just use other people offsets to determine the offset you feel is the look you want. For example, I reccomended these offsets for someone in a previous thread:

Originally Posted by JZZ30TT
If you are looking for flush wheels, those offsets are nowhere near "flush".

18x9 +20 run a higher disc for brake clearence and a 225/40 tire it'll fit just fine.

Disc determines brake clearence not offset. So for example, if you were going to run Work wheels you would need at least an "A" disc to clear brakes, and higher if you plan on running bigger brakes than stock supra calipers.

18x10+20-30 (depending on tire size) w/ the lowest disc for max lip. 245/40 tire will fit fine with the lower offset, 255 should fit fine with +30. Staying with the Work example and "O" disc is prefferable out back, since the brakes are small.

Goodluck!

EDIT: If your set on 18x8.5 and 18x9.5 subtract 6mm from the offsets listed to get the same fitment on the 8.5/9.5 as the 9/10 combo.
The offsets listed will also work for your application. Just so you know, you CAN go lower offsets for an even more agressize look but you will need a decent amount of fender work.
Old 09-28-05, 02:42 PM
happypanda
Lead Lap

maybe i have the most aggressive set up here..not sure just wondering..im running:

18x10 +18 front and 18x11 +18 rear..pulled fenders all the way around
Old 09-28-05, 03:15 PM
General_JZ
Driver School Candidate

Happypanda,

I gotta see it to beleive it! Im running 9.5 +22 in the front and i had to run a crazy stretch tire on there, so i can only imagine what you went through to get a 10 +18 on the front. So let me see some pics PLEASE!!!!!
Old 09-28-05, 03:40 PM
2jzsc3
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by General_JZ
Happypanda,

I gotta see it to beleive it! Im running 9.5 +22 in the front and i had to run a crazy stretch tire on there, so i can only imagine what you went through to get a 10 +18 on the front. So let me see some pics PLEASE!!!!!

pics pics pics
Old 09-28-05, 04:44 PM
JZZ30TT
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by General_JZ
Happypanda,

So you finally got that black 5spd Soarer?

BTW: nice fit in the front
Old 09-28-05, 09:56 PM
happypanda
Lead Lap

ill post pics as soon as i can finish the freakin paint job on my car..its giving me such a hard time..im about to quit and sell that dang thing lol...but yea ill have pics hopefully this weekend...no lie tho =)
Old 09-28-05, 11:44 PM
sc150x2
Driver School Candidate

If this is the same NiteKids from the 240 forums then yeah he definately knows his **** trust me the man is very good when it comes to suspension and wheel set up....so whoever is doubting his abilities you should think again, he is a very knowledgable guy. heres one pic of his car ill let him post more if he wants
Attached Thumbnails ****Official Wheel & Tire Fitment Guide for SC300/SC400****-wnze0otm5nnm0mtnkzmqzmxk1nde-3d.jpg  

Quick Reply: ****Official Wheel & Tire Fitment Guide for SC300/SC400****