Print Wikipost

****Official Wheel & Tire Fitment Guide for SC300/SC400****

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-05, 09:23 PM
MongolKhan
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Nitekids
I said "no offence." I can't helpt it that most people unknownly buy poor fitting wheel that are super sunk and look like crap. That's why I'm here to guide people in the right way of doing these as far as wheels. Most people are clueless of offset or even if they know what it is choose weak offset and don't know any better. I"m just trying to stear people toward the right direction.
Dude, you cant decide what people should like or not, i know sunked in wheels look like cr*p but maybe some people like that.

What is up with this kid?
Old 05-01-05, 01:10 PM
SC400Dude
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MongolKhan
Dude, you cant decide what people should like or not, i know sunked in wheels look like cr*p but maybe some people like that.

What is up with this kid?
I agree....maybe some of us can't afford the custom wheels...I've purchased many sets of wheels before and some were in fact, "Sunk" in.....somewhere along the lines, you'll settle on a set that fits your personal needs....In fact, those Sparco's don't look too bad on the SC at all....
Old 05-01-05, 05:36 PM
nysupraman
Racer

Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts

CL Member Name: nysupraman
Rim Brand and Type: Hp Evo's in hypersilver
Rim Size f/r: 18 x 8s all around
Rim Offset f/r: +38 all around
Tire Size f/r: 235/40/18s (need some 245s possibly upfront and 265s out back)
Suspension Setup: Espelir ASD springs with Tokico blues
Fender Modifications: Need it to be shaved or rolled, it rubs on bumpy hard turns.
Any other comments: i would love to have it staggered, but i got a good deal, and at the time that's all my money could handle. i would also love to get some coilovers such as TEINs, also when money permits, i mean the espelir rides pretty good with tokicos for the amount of droppage, but lexus' spoiled me, i need stock ride.

Rim Brand and Type: Highline Ferrari Replica (fake 3 piece)
Rim Size f/r: 19x8.5 and 19x10
Rim Offset f/r: +35 all around
Tire Size f/r: 235/35/19, 275/30/19
Suspension Setup: Espelir ASD springs with Tokico blues....still!
Fender Modifications: Shaved out back. It needs to be shaved some more after Daizen Camber Kit. Front needs to be rolled, not yet done.
Any other comments: Still same ride even though im on 19's, but my rubber is thicker: that helps.

Attached Thumbnails ****Official Wheel & Tire Fitment Guide for SC300/SC400****-clublexus.jpg  

Last edited by nysupraman; 12-25-06 at 11:42 AM.
Old 05-01-05, 06:24 PM
Aristo300
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by nysupraman
CL Member Name: nysupraman
Rim Brand and Type: Hp Evo's in hypersilver
Rim Size f/r: 18 x 8s all around
Rim Offset f/r: +38 all around
Tire Size f/r: 235/40/18s (need some 245s possibly upfront and 265s out back)
Fender Modifications: Need it to be shaved or rolled, it rubs on bumpy hard turns.
Any other comments: i would love to have it staggered, but i got a good deal, and at the time that's all my money could handle. i would also love to get some coilovers such as TEINs, also when money permits, i mean the espelir rides pretty good with tokicos for the amount of droppage, but lexus' spoiled me, i need stock ride.
Those wheels look DAMN good on SC's!
Old 05-01-05, 07:48 PM
AzLex
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SC400Dude
I agree....maybe some of us can't afford the custom wheels...I've purchased many sets of wheels before and some were in fact, "Sunk" in.....somewhere along the lines, you'll settle on a set that fits your personal needs....In fact, those Sparco's don't look too bad on the SC at all....
Save and buy used if you have to. For 2 grand you get buy some very nice wheels
Old 05-17-05, 06:06 AM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts

CL Member Name: cherplex
Rim Brand and Type: AZA Z5 (yes critics I know volks by the fall i promise )
Rim Size f/r: 18x8.5 front, 18x9.5 rear
Rim Offset f/r: +35 all around
Tire Size f/r: 225/40/18 front and 265/35/18 rear(Khumo Ecsta) Falkens in few wks
Any other comments: Ride is excellent except for rubbing. Fender's will be rolled by this weekend. I plan on getting some D2 coilovers later on. I know my rims are cheap the 4" lip makes up for it though . The pics are right after drop springs haven't settled yet.

Old 05-18-05, 04:40 PM
sc300ccret
Driver

Originally Posted by Nitekids
Ladies and gents here's a great example of what NOT to do. No offence.
I don't get whats wrong? I'm stoopid I guess, but If I wanna hammer the car on bags or coilovers, how exactly do you lower the car when the wheel is FLUSH with the fender? Remind me again how the car doesn't rub at 90mph and you hit a bump?

I just sold my wheels that were nearly flush and asked for the offset to be pushed way high so I could run a fat tire and still tuck.

Your logic escapes me.

Mike
Old 05-18-05, 05:22 PM
JZZ30TT
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by SolShinobi
What people like has to do with many factors man. It starts with perception. How you "perceive" things such as your life, your money, and other influences will direct your choices. What i'm saying is he might have chosen this set up for a particular reason. It might have suited him personally and that's what he liked.
No. See, you are missing the point. It has nothing to do with what someone does or doesn't like. If someone likes sunk looking wheels, and are educated about what lower offsets look like and how they can have a huge visual effect on a cars apperance, then that's cool.

The point is PEOPLE (in general) ARE IGNORANT when it comes to wheel fitment. They have no clue what they are spending money on, other then the way the wheel looks OFF the car.

But, when those people see a car with flush wheels, or someone posts a picture of a car from Japan with flush wheels, everyone thinks it looks amazing and no one can figure out what the diffreence is, because they simply don't know.
Old 05-23-05, 02:15 PM
indelible
Lexus Test Driver

Default F10j +24 R:10j +18

A popular car, thought i'd put it in here:

Name: Takahiro Ueno
Rim Brand and Type: Volk GT-C
Rim Size f/r: 18x10 all around
Rim Offset f/r:+24/+18
Tire Size f/r: 255/35/18 and 265/35/18
Suspension Setup: HKS Hipermax D' F:18kg R:16kg
Comment On Ride: He can drift it pretty well, lol.
Fender Modifications: Can't see but probably rolled, I can find out @ next Irwindale Drift event.
Picture:

Old 05-23-05, 06:24 PM
AME_VIP
Lexus Champion

Flush to the fender looks much better visually IMO. If you want to run a fat tire setup because you need the traction by all mean sink them into the fender so you have fender clearance.

Thanks for the posting the Vertex soarer. Good wheel fitment pics. I would have to guess that the front fenders are 20mm wider as you can see the vent. Anyone know for sure?
Old 05-23-05, 10:23 PM
JZZ30TT
Lead Lap

You are correct
Old 05-23-05, 11:22 PM
indelible
Lexus Test Driver

Ah, I didn't see the fender until TurboTeg mentioned it. I was wondering how he was able to run +24 offset in the front. Are we able to run +18 in the rear like Takahiro with no problems, besides shaving/rolling the fenders? Also, if you get your front fenders rolled, is it still possible to get to the back of the headlights when you want to remove them, since the fender/wheel well guards are now pinched?
Old 06-13-05, 05:08 PM
roo
Lexus Test Driver

I' m very glad I found this thread...I'm sizing out some GT-C's for my 300 and I kept finding odd info on Ueno's soarer. (the non-widebody)

I have about 3 mags that say he is running 18x10J +18 in the rear....and then I have a Volk guide/advertisement with all the D1 cars on it and they claim Ueno to be running 18x11J+18 on the rear. What gives? To make matters worse, the GT-C only comes in 18x10J +19 and 18x11J +19, NOT +18! (yes, i realize 1mm won't make that big of a difference but it's odd that Ueno's are claimed to be +18 as I know Ray's doesn't like to do custom offest wheels) I should also note that Ueno runs big brakes with this setup. (clearance!)

Ideally, I want to run 18x11J +19 in the rear but I want to make sure the offset that the Volk ad has is not a typo. (I'de hope it isn't, it is a VOLK ad, i'de hop the info on their own wheels would be correct) I also found a Japanese soarer club website and tried to get more info from them as far as fitment goes:

http://www.soarer.ne.jp/cgi-bin/tecn.../hyperbbs.cgi?
Old 06-15-05, 11:17 AM
hello1
Driver

ueno's are custom...you are in the right direction if your looking at x11 +19 offset. those look like good numbers to me. but those wont fit the fromt without major modfications. the rear will be fine with a pull.
Old 06-15-05, 02:57 PM
MongolKhan
Lexus Test Driver

I am running +24 offset in the front and rear with liitle bit of fender rolling and it is just fine.
I just bought these wheels for $395 shipped, 18X10 offset +15, ill let you guys know when i put them on.

Quick Reply: ****Official Wheel & Tire Fitment Guide for SC300/SC400****