Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

thank you guys
Old 03-16-17, 06:34 PM
76mmturbo
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default wheels came in

they sent the wrong offset in the front. was supposed to be a 18x10 +25 and they sent the +20. Think it's a little too aggressive for my needs. want to run a 265 up front. rear are good 11.5 +38

Old 03-17-17, 09:03 AM
Blkexcoupe
Lead Lap

Received 550 Likes on 369 Posts

A 265 will be too big in the front with a +25 too. Realistically, you're looking at 245/40/18 or maybe 255.

Nice choice for wheels
Old 03-17-17, 11:03 AM
76mmturbo
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Blkexcoupe
A 265 will be too big in the front with a +25 too. Realistically, you're looking at 245/40/18 or maybe 255.

Nice choice for wheels
I'm going to try to pull the fenders to see if I can fit the bigger tires. Right now I run a 9.5 +22 and run 255/35 with no issues with just a roll. If i send the wheels back I'll have to wait another 4-5 months for them to come in. The guy accidentally ordered the wrong offset on the back end so he's willing to work with me on however I want to proceed.

Good customer service for sure. Luckily my car is down as I'm pulling the motor so I'm not in a huge rush if I send them back.

I love the wheels I like the +20 offset too lol
Old 03-18-17, 03:33 AM
MDNT_DRV
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by hueman
Hi guys what do you think? 245/40/18 tires on 18x9.5 +27 offset all around.... my car is stock but will get lowered at some point but not trying to get into the camber scene or anything. I'm ok with rolling fenders if need be...
helllo everyone... with this size/offset, how would i know if i could fit the LS4 bbk, or supra bbk or some other bbk later on?
Old 03-20-17, 06:35 AM
Returd
Intermediate

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

New SC400 owner here in need of new skins. I found an online tire calculator:

Here's what's currently mounted:
Front. 235/45/17's :
diameter is 25.3", 9.3" wide, 79.5" circumference and 821 revs/mile.

Rear 255/40/17
diameter 25", 10" wide, 78.6" circumference and 830 revs/mile

I see stock is 225/55/16
dia 25.7", 8.9" wide, 80.8" circumference, 807 revs/mile.

I'm thinking of going to 245/45/17 all around so I can rotate wheels front - back
dia 25.7", 9.6" wide, 80.6" circumference, 809 revs/mile.

here's the rims I have with the car. Front what i can see it's been lowered and has coil overs out front. I don't think I'll have any issues. Am i missing anything?
Attached Thumbnails ****Official Wheel & Tire Fitment Guide for SC300/SC400****-img_1294.jpg   ****Official Wheel & Tire Fitment Guide for SC300/SC400****-img_1295.jpg   ****Official Wheel & Tire Fitment Guide for SC300/SC400****-img_1296.jpg   ****Official Wheel & Tire Fitment Guide for SC300/SC400****-img_1297.jpg  
Old 03-20-17, 07:48 AM
Blkexcoupe
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by 76mmturbo
I'm going to try to pull the fenders to see if I can fit the bigger tires. Right now I run a 9.5 +22 and run 255/35 with no issues with just a roll. If i send the wheels back I'll have to wait another 4-5 months for them to come in. The guy accidentally ordered the wrong offset on the back end so he's willing to work with me on however I want to proceed.

Good customer service for sure. Luckily my car is down as I'm pulling the motor so I'm not in a huge rush if I send them back.

I love the wheels I like the +20 offset too lol
Usually when I recommend tire sizes I take into consideration the clearance at any height just in case you hit a hard bump and the coils bottom out. If your car is higher than most on this site, then a 255 would work for normal driving and 265 might work with a pull.

Originally Posted by hueman
helllo everyone... with this size/offset, how would i know if i could fit the LS4 bbk, or supra bbk or some other bbk later on?
Brake clearance depends on the design of the rim first, then size/offset after. I believe those rims you're looking at do clear LS brakes, but they may require a small spacer for supra or anything larger. It's been 5 years since I've touched a set of nt-03+m, so I don't remember specifics.

Originally Posted by Returd
New SC400 owner here in need of new skins. I found an online tire calculator:

Here's what's currently mounted:
Front. 235/45/17's :
diameter is 25.3", 9.3" wide, 79.5" circumference and 821 revs/mile.

Rear 255/40/17
diameter 25", 10" wide, 78.6" circumference and 830 revs/mile

I see stock is 225/55/16
dia 25.7", 8.9" wide, 80.8" circumference, 807 revs/mile.

I'm thinking of going to 245/45/17 all around so I can rotate wheels front - back
dia 25.7", 9.6" wide, 80.6" circumference, 809 revs/mile.

here's the rims I have with the car. Front what i can see it's been lowered and has coil overs out front. I don't think I'll have any issues. Am i missing anything?
You'll want to make sure the rims are the same size (width and offset) front and rear if you want to rotate them. Other than that you should be fine with what you want to do.
The following users liked this post:
MDNT_DRV (03-20-17)
Old 03-20-17, 01:05 PM
76mmturbo
Pole Position

Usually when I recommend tire sizes I take into consideration the clearance at any height just in case you hit a hard bump and the coils bottom out. If your car is higher than most on this site, then a 255 would work for normal driving and 265 might work with a pull.

I'm going to run 285/30 up front. I used my rear wheels as a test fit and they fit just fine. I'm going to get some vertex 25mm fenders just for a bit of extra clearance. This is what I always wanted to run so it's perfect for me.
Old 04-05-17, 01:03 PM
KevinCSC30
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Questions about wheels

I plan on buying my first set of wheels for my SC300 I just want to make sure they fit so that I don't spend a lot of money and then have them not fit (my fenders are rolled) , I am kind of new to this whole owning an SC300 thing so anything will help so the wheel specs are:

FRONT: 18x8+32
Rear: 18x9+32
Old 04-07-17, 03:01 PM
jadu
live.love.laugh.lexus

Received 89 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by KevinCSC30
I plan on buying my first set of wheels for my SC300 I just want to make sure they fit so that I don't spend a lot of money and then have them not fit (my fenders are rolled) , I am kind of new to this whole owning an SC300 thing so anything will help so the wheel specs are:

FRONT: 18x8+32
Rear: 18x9+32
first off, welcome to CL. Those wheel specs should fit just fine on the SC.
Old 04-15-17, 07:23 AM
Bnguyenlux
Driver School Candidate

-to start off i pretty new to the forum recently just got a sc and was looking forward to make it as classy clean and simple as possible. i just like the look that the body line give and something that stand out the most are the wheels so i cannnot do this car wrong and get funky funny looking wheels. and buying new wheels is pretty much my first time. i always have just tried my friends or someone as a test fit before purchasing my previous wheels but now i want to do something of my own.

so i looking forward to buying ssr sp3 for my sc. i will be on coil-over and i do not want it to poke out too much nor do i want it to sunk in either. maybe a flush and a tiny tuck is what I'm really looking for. camber wise I'm hoping in the -1.5 or -2 would be plenty for me. with that being said what offset should i get for my front? i was planing on getting 18x8.5 or maybe 18x9 maybe 9.5? would 8.5 look small and awkward? the offset that evasive motorsport is providing me are either +25, +30, +35,
+37, +43. stock speck are 55 so I'm sure 43 won't cut it. how aggressive would +25 be? would +30 suite me perfectly? what would y'all recommend? and then the rear I'm planing on going 18x10.5 and on offset I'm not too sure but there are only 4 offset i can choose from which are +25 +35 +43 and +55. Blkexcoupe i also send you a pm with some help as i can see your a very helpful person when its come to wheel and tire so i you or anyone can help shred some light and guide me to the right path much will be appreciated. also on the evasive motorsport page i was looking up to order my ssr where it showed the offset spec also has these weird (SL) (NR) (MD) whatever stuff, what are they? should i call in and asked? thanks in advance. sorry for so much question and I'm sure some guy on this form have what i looking for already posted but i went through 30pages from most recent to oldest but i wasn't too sure of myself and want to reach out to someone who's more of an expert at it then me.

ill leave the link down below to let you guys see what I'm talking about
* http://www.evasivemotorsports.com/mm...de=PROF-SP3-18
Old 04-15-17, 10:25 AM
Blkexcoupe
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Bnguyenlux
-to start off i pretty new to the forum recently just got a sc and was looking forward to make it as classy clean and simple as possible. i just like the look that the body line give and something that stand out the most are the wheels so i cannnot do this car wrong and get funky funny looking wheels. and buying new wheels is pretty much my first time. i always have just tried my friends or someone as a test fit before purchasing my previous wheels but now i want to do something of my own.

so i looking forward to buying ssr sp3 for my sc. i will be on coil-over and i do not want it to poke out too much nor do i want it to sunk in either. maybe a flush and a tiny tuck is what I'm really looking for. camber wise I'm hoping in the -1.5 or -2 would be plenty for me. with that being said what offset should i get for my front? i was planing on getting 18x8.5 or maybe 18x9 maybe 9.5? would 8.5 look small and awkward? the offset that evasive motorsport is providing me are either +25, +30, +35,
+37, +43. stock speck are 55 so I'm sure 43 won't cut it. how aggressive would +25 be? would +30 suite me perfectly? what would y'all recommend? and then the rear I'm planing on going 18x10.5 and on offset I'm not too sure but there are only 4 offset i can choose from which are +25 +35 +43 and +55. Blkexcoupe i also send you a pm with some help as i can see your a very helpful person when its come to wheel and tire so i you or anyone can help shred some light and guide me to the right path much will be appreciated. also on the evasive motorsport page i was looking up to order my ssr where it showed the offset spec also has these weird (SL) (NR) (MD) whatever stuff, what are they? should i call in and asked? thanks in advance. sorry for so much question and I'm sure some guy on this form have what i looking for already posted but i went through 30pages from most recent to oldest but i wasn't too sure of myself and want to reach out to someone who's more of an expert at it then me.

ill leave the link down below to let you guys see what I'm talking about
* http://www.evasivemotorsports.com/mm...de=PROF-SP3-18
I'll answer your question here, so it can help everyone else. First off, you should call evasive and speak with them. They're a great shop and they could easily answer all your questions.

The first thing you want to consider when buying brand new wheels is what type of brakes will you be running? If you have or want to run monoblocks in the future, then you need a wheel can accommodate that. That leads us into disk type or SL, NR, MD, and HP for SSR.
SL - Super Low
NR - Normal
MD - Mid
HP - Hyper disk

For our cars due to the brake design you can run any of those 4 in the rear. The front would require NR, MD, or HP to clear the stock calipers, but if you want to run monoblocks, then you'll need the HP wheels.

If it were my car with your requirements, -1.5 to -2 degrees of camber while being flush, then I would go with 18x9.5 +25(HP) front and 18x10.5 +30 (SL) rear. These would also work in the front 8.5 + 12 (HP), 9 +19 (HP), 9.5 +25 (HP)

If you scroll up to the post that I'm answering the questions about the NT-03+M (Post 5868) you'll see a link with wheels with very similar sizing.
Old 04-15-17, 02:27 PM
Bnguyenlux
Driver School Candidate

Cool

I'll answer your question here, so it can help everyone else. First off, you should call evasive and speak with them. They're a great shop and they could easily answer all your questions.

The first thing you want to consider when buying brand new wheels is what type of brakes will you be running? If you have or want to run monoblocks in the future, then you need a wheel can accommodate that. That leads us into disk type or SL, NR, MD, and HP for SSR.
SL - Super Low
NR - Normal
MD - Mid
HP - Hyper disk

For our cars due to the brake design you can run any of those 4 in the rear. The front would require NR, MD, or HP to clear the stock calipers, but if you want to run monoblocks, then you'll need the HP wheels.

If it were my car with your requirements, -1.5 to -2 degrees of camber while being flush, then I would go with 18x9.5 +25(HP) front and 18x10.5 +30 (SL) rear. These would also work in the front 8.5 + 12 (HP), 9 +19 (HP), 9.5 +25 (HP)

If you scroll up to the post that I'm answering the questions about the NT-03+M (Post 5868) you'll see a link with wheels with very similar sizing.
wow this is amazing information thank you so much. I'm planing on running ls400 brakes in the future would the (NR) clear the front? or should i play it safe and got with (HP) and ill go do calculation on the tires later tonight when get home and ill confirm it with you guys. unless you have a tire size in mind that would fit perfectly with no rub issue and are not too hard to come by either.
-Truly a big thank you to you Blkexcoupe. you are truly a great help and a big help to our community.

Last edited by Bnguyenlux; 04-15-17 at 02:37 PM.
Old 04-15-17, 03:27 PM
Blkexcoupe
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Bnguyenlux
wow this is amazing information thank you so much. I'm planing on running ls400 brakes in the future would the (NR) clear the front? or should i play it safe and got with (HP) and ill go do calculation on the tires later tonight when get home and ill confirm it with you guys. unless you have a tire size in mind that would fit perfectly with no rub issue and are not too hard to come by either.
-Truly a big thank you to you Blkexcoupe. you are truly a great help and a big help to our community.
I would go with the HP wheels in the front. Tire sizes are dependent on your ride height and suspension. 245/40/18 and 275/35/18 will work for sure, but if your suspension is stiff enough then you'll be able to fit 255 front and 285 rear.
The following users liked this post:
Bnguyenlux (04-15-17)
Old 04-15-17, 04:41 PM
Bnguyenlux
Driver School Candidate

I would go with the HP wheels in the front. Tire sizes are dependent on your ride height and suspension. 245/40/18 and 275/35/18 will work for sure, but if your suspension is stiff enough then you'll be able to fit 255 front and 285 rear.
THANK You so much you were a big help

Quick Reply: ****Official Wheel & Tire Fitment Guide for SC300/SC400****