Carbon Kevlar Brake Pads Front & Rear

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-01, 04:20 PM
Red93sc400
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Carbon Kevlar Brake Pads Front & Rear

Guys:
I have some slotted rotors, front and rear, coming in for the SC. I am now looking for a nice set of dustless Carbon Kevlar brake pads for both the front and rear calipers. Any ideas as to where I can go to order these and which brand I should choose?

Is there any one brand that is better than another?

I'm all ears.
Old 12-13-01, 05:18 PM
JohnnySC
Lexus Test Driver

what price did you get on the rotors?
Old 12-13-01, 05:28 PM
VQT
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Carbon Kevlar Brake Pads Front & Rear

Originally posted by Red93sc400
Guys:
I have some slotted rotors, front and rear, coming in for the SC. I am now looking for a nice set of dustless Carbon Kevlar brake pads for both the front and rear calipers. Any ideas as to where I can go to order these and which brand I should choose?

Is there any one brand that is better than another?

I'm all ears.
www.cyberauto.com
Old 12-13-01, 05:30 PM
VQT
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by JohnnySC
Steve Ganz have the front for $99 each
Old 12-13-01, 05:38 PM
Red93sc400
Pole Position

Johnny:
I picked up new plated fronts and rears, drilled and slotted for $330 which includes shipping for all four rotors. (pretty heavy items so shipping is dear). I feel that is a pretty fine price. I do not have them yet but they should be here some time around Xmas or so. The guy I bought them from suggested that carbon kevlar pads would be best with these. They should look good with the new wheels. They are standard size so I can use the standard calipers. The brembo big brakes are just financially not viable and probably severe overkill for me and my driving style.

My current rotors which are original factory are just fine. I will keep them as backups.

VQT THANKS MUCHO for the pointer to the Cyberspace Automotive site! They seem to carry everything. I will give them a call tomorrow!

Last edited by Red93sc400; 12-13-01 at 05:45 PM.
Old 12-13-01, 06:01 PM
JohnnySC
Lexus Test Driver

damn man, you are hooking you car up. You are making the rest of us look bad You should post some pics of your car after you get the rims and rotors and such, I would love to see it.
Old 12-13-01, 06:25 PM
Red93sc400
Pole Position

damn man, you are hooking you car up. You are making the rest of us look bad You should post some pics of your car after you get the rims and rotors and such, I would love to see it.
JohnnySC:
Ya I will when I get the chance. Been busy. Wish I had a third car so I could lay up the SC in a body shop. I wish to do a real meaningful body kit alteration but I have to work around the logistics of auto availablity vs lay up time to do the work. Most of the stuff I am doing now is not too visible, ie you cannot see struts. The wheels and tires will be a summer ride item and Im just starting the winter ride slog. I will post some pics on my website and some sound clips of the exhaust.

Its a fun hobby. My 15 year old son and his friends get a kick out of it. At 52, I am perhaps more whacked than they (at times )
Old 12-13-01, 06:27 PM
JohnnySC
Lexus Test Driver

I tell ya what, I think what you are doing is some cool ****. I wish my dad was like that!!! I am going to try to post some pics in the next few days of my car, I just put a mesh grill on it tonight, I was suprised on how good it looked.
Old 12-14-01, 11:54 AM
VQT
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by Red93sc400

Johnny:
I picked up new plated fronts and rears, drilled and slotted for $330 which includes shipping for all four rotors. (pretty heavy items so shipping is dear). I feel that is a pretty fine price. I do not have them yet but they should be here some time around Xmas or so. The guy I bought them from suggested that carbon kevlar pads would be best with these. They should look good with the new wheels. They are standard size so I can use the standard calipers. The brembo big brakes are just financially not viable and probably severe overkill for me and my driving style.

My current rotors which are original factory are just fine. I will keep them as backups.

VQT THANKS MUCHO for the pointer to the Cyberspace Automotive site! They seem to carry everything. I will give them a call tomorrow!
Red93SC400,

Can you give us the web site or phone number of the place you get your rotors from?

How much for the front and how much for the rear to be total $330?
Are they plated so it won't rust?

Thanks,
Old 12-14-01, 09:16 PM
Red93sc400
Pole Position

They are plated so they look brite where you can see them thru your wheels. How long that will last is anyones guess. He does not have a website. His email is raceconcepts@mindspring.com he was auctioning rotors off on ebay a while ago. I think he may have one or two more sets of SC400 rotors left. I have not received them yet so please do not take this as a validated reccomendation of these rotors.
Old 12-15-01, 12:34 PM
Slow_go_400
Rookie

Thumbs up

VQT

Thanks for refering www.cyberauto.com. Talked to a guy named Chris he was really helpfull. He gave a great deal on 4 x-drilled rotors, SS lines, and pads.

YOU SAVED ME ABOUT 180 $ over carparts.com (even with 10% onlince coupon)

Thanks.
Old 12-15-01, 04:58 PM
VQT
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by Slow_go_400
VQT

Thanks for refering www.cyberauto.com. Talked to a guy named Chris he was really helpfull. He gave a great deal on 4 x-drilled rotors, SS lines, and pads.

YOU SAVED ME ABOUT 180 $ over carparts.com (even with 10% onlince coupon)

Thanks.
Slow_go_400,

Glad to help. Can you give me the break down on the price. Front rotors, rear rotors, ss lines, and pads.

I think I paid ~$64 for the front pads don't remeber exactly the rear but it about the same price. The reason I ask because the web site prices are higher than what I paid!