SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Atlanta area members?

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-01, 11:16 AM
vj604
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Atlanta area members?

So all of you in atlanta..a few questions, im driving my car down from NY to have here with me in midtown...

How bad are the pot holes really gonna be on my 17" SSRs?

Which is the better dealer around here to go to? or do you have other trusted mechanics?

Know of a good stereo or alarm shop? im planning on getting a better alarm for my car but dont want high school dropouts working on my automobile...any help is appreciated

VJ
Old 12-11-01, 12:11 PM
hwallen172
Driver

Some of the roads around Atlanta are really bad, primarily due to construction. There are a lot of those thick steel plates covering utility access holes, and it seems that the worst pot holes never get fixed. There's one hole at the North end of West Peachtree that's at least 4" deep and big enought to swallow a tire. It's been there for years. Recently, I dropped the tire of a rental Volvo I was driving into a hole, popping the tire and scuffing the rim. I know the rental people love it when you're returning the car and you start with, "You know that damage waiver I got?"

I've taken my car to Stone Mountain Toyota, and they did a good job with the timing belt, brakes, etc. There are probably few service items that a Toyota dealer cannot take care of on a Lexus, and I imagine that they are cheaper. If you do need an actual Lexus dealership, Nalley Lexus has a good reputation although I've never dealt with them personally. I don't have any experience with the local stereo shops, but that will probably change once I get tired of my CD player skipping.

Welcome to Atlanta. If you haven't been yet, make sure you visit the fabulous Fox Theater and eat at the Flying Biscuit in Little Five Points (not the new one on 10th Street).
Old 12-11-01, 06:35 PM
vj604
Driver

Ive been to atlanta, i live right next to Georgia Tech and go to school there...as a poor college student with a Lex, I have no money for the Fox, heh, that and buying records and crap for my car empty my bank account.

Those plates are nasty, i plan on taking it easy in midtown, keep the speeds low and take care with the gaping holes, any experience with a good audio shop would be appreciated...
Old 12-12-01, 07:39 AM
Bean
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm planning on moving up there once i sell my 300zx... oh and finding a job in the computer field would be nice...

Hardware level programming please