SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Sc430 Kill

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-01, 09:17 AM
importtoys
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Sc430 Kill

Its not often that Im 'allowed' to take out the Lexus but the other day I was getting on the freeway on ramp which is 2 lanes and a carpool lane.
Carpool lane is far right so I was in the middle lane.he was in the far left I glanced over at his car because he was tailgating the car in front of him....his passenger looks at the my car and gives the 'thumbs up' sign. He then hits his brakes and gets all the way over into the CP lane. I then notice the girl in the passenger seat put on her belt and he took off. I wasnt about to get into that lane so I waited till we were side by side and gave him (or was it her to REALLY **** him off ) tha 'look'....We took off from about 50-60 MPH ....He lost....without a doubt. (I even had the TVs playin' ) ...We both are getting on to the next freeway ...I slowed down and got side X side again right before the huge turn entering the next freeway.
KILED him on the turn entering the next freeway... even worse this time....it was about 4-5 carlengths!!!..When it opened up to a straight away I sqeezed on him just to be funny.
about 2 miles later Im getting off the freeway at a light when he pulls up ,rolls his window down and said that he had a GS that would kick my ***. I didnt feel like getting into the "MY OTHER CAR.....blah blah blah" so I just gave 'THA LOOK' again and drove off........ really slow....LOL!!! I pull up to my girlfriends office..she was all smiles til she got about 15 feet from the car...she gets in: "I SMELL RUBBER!" ........ I ate 'Top Ramen' last night.
Old 11-27-01, 09:26 AM
DIrEctQL
Chicago Lexus Club Moderator

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: Sc430 Kill

Originally posted by importtoys
Its not often that Im 'allowed' to take out the Lexus but the other day I was getting on the freeway on ramp which is 2 lanes and a carpool lane.
Carpool lane is far right so I was in the middle lane.he was in the far left I glanced over at his car because he was tailgating the car in front of him....his passenger looks at the my car and gives the 'thumbs up' sign. He then hits his brakes and gets all the way over into the CP lane. I then notice the girl in the passenger seat put on her belt and he took off. I wasnt about to get into that lane so I waited till we were side by side and gave him (or was it her to REALLY **** him off ) tha 'look'....We took off from about 50-60 MPH ....He lost....without a doubt. (I even had the TVs playin' ) ...We both are getting on to the next freeway ...I slowed down and got side X side again right before the huge turn entering the next freeway.
KILED him on the turn entering the next freeway... even worse this time....it was about 4-5 carlengths!!!..When it opened up to a straight away I sqeezed on him just to be funny.
about 2 miles later Im getting off the freeway at a light when he pulls up ,rolls his window down and said that he had a GS that would kick my ***. I didnt feel like getting into the "MY OTHER CAR.....blah blah blah" so I just gave 'THA LOOK' again and drove off........ really slow....LOL!!! I pull up to my girlfriends office..she was all smiles til she got about 15 feet from the car...she gets in: "I SMELL RUBBER!" ........ I ate 'Top Ramen' last night.
I always doubted the performance of the SC430. But hey, it's still a nice car.
Old 11-27-01, 09:49 AM
The Ikon
Lexus Champion

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts
Cool

Haven't your Mother told you not to fight with your lil' brother?! Great story ImpToy, now was that ramen good?

The Ikon
Old 11-27-01, 09:54 AM
The Ikon
Lexus Champion

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Also you should post this story in the racing forum too...

2 SC's going at it... old vs new.... classic vs retro convertible... Lex vs Lex...

As for his GS4, his SC430 has the same oommph as the GS... same hp, tq, 0-60, 1/4 et.. etc.....

Imptoy, does your girl car have an AFC or anything in it? I know it has something, I forgot what it has....