View Poll Results: YOUR sc goals?
speeeeeeeed!
18.91%
classy beauty like Lexus intended
35.49%
I have a goal of both moreso than just 2 upgrades each
45.60%
Voters: 772. You may not vote on this poll

Class or sass.......... what is YOUR SC goal?

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-06, 02:32 AM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 335 Likes on 221 Posts

Originally Posted by SC400TT
I am building both...

Ryan
You are a perfect example for option 3. I really mean both when I say it. 3 is really for those guy's that do it "real big" because if you don't go all the way both ways, the car will naturally lean one way or the other.
Old 06-11-06, 03:18 AM
ISC400
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My goals are 1st the GO then the SHOW. In my opinion these SC's have the great looks and amenities compared to just about any other car you see every day. There just lacking some ponys compared too todays newer cars. Nothing FI can't fix
Old 06-11-06, 08:39 AM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts

After coming out of a SR powered S14. I wanted something a little more luxurious but with the same potential for boosting. The SC was the best choice for me. So I'm trying to balance both class and decent power. The original plan was 97 conversion and some nice 18's but I got distracted lol and ended up with AC kit and 19's boost is coming soon.....
Old 06-11-06, 09:03 AM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I like luxury cars....for the quality of the materials, the comfort, the high style, the timelessness, the reliability. These are the reasons I chose Lexus. I chose the SC because I love big coupes, they have lots of leg room, big doors for easy access, sleek, sporty and cool as heck.

When I mod, and I've done mods on every car I've owned, it's for individuality. I hate seeing another car that looks exactly like mine. My first priority for modding is to make the car look good and be instantly recognized as, "that's Reggie's car."

I voted for number 3 because speed is starting to be an interest. I plan to add an intake and exhaust real soon. When this car is no longer my daily driver, I'll check into adding some boost. Nothing extreme, just enough to have the go match the show.
Old 06-11-06, 10:43 AM
Dew23
Lexus Champion

Voted #3 my sig says it all .
Old 06-11-06, 11:54 AM
ki_soarer
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

neither... i cant afford to build my car the way i would like, therefor it will remain nearly stock.

in the past, i have had a 2jz-gte in my posession, which i ended up selling... i had a complete NA-t set up which i ended up selling, and i also had a line on a 1J for $550... but i passed. i came to the conclusion that i would rather have a stock NA lexus than another stock swapped or low hp na-t sc... even though this was years ago.

i have 3 or 4 kits in mind that i like, and about 10 different wheels that i like.... if i ever pick one of each, and slap on some high quality sispension, then i may go for the speed.

i know what to do to make my SC an animal... only, i dont have the finances for it now.... but one day perhapse.

only time will tell.
Old 06-11-06, 03:49 PM
DriftGirl
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by O. L. T.
....and that you did, well. However there is a reason why the car was in FF3....... It's an agressive car, a very sporty car and a very unluxury like car. I think we don't need to cross "nice" with "luxury" when we vote.

Would I say yours is nice? Of course. Clean? I think so personally. Resembles a luxury car? Na.... it's waaaaay over the fence to the sport side. I think that is more my point to the thread is separating the body kits and turbos from the 97+ kits and light modding.

That's exactly why I didn't want to make a third option for the poll, but decided to anyway. I think a lot of people will confuse "clean or nice" with luxury.
Depends on what people define as 'balance' and 'luxury'.

Balance to me is buying a more comfortable seat. adding luxo stuff like custom power rails, memory seat and massage...even the rubber washers I used when mounting were thought out.
Making sure your lightweight aftermarket Nardi wheel doesnt vibrate and retains an OEM feel by dampening parts of the column....

Theres other 'stuff' , but I like to keep people guessing

I agree, it doesnt 'Look' like a luxury car, but it feels much nicer then a stock SC. I did go crazy on the paint tho

The fact that people say "Wow, it still rides like a Lexus"....is the biggest compliment.

It's a Luxury car from the factory...I gave up nothing when building this car.
Old 06-11-06, 04:36 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 335 Likes on 221 Posts

Got a salt water foot massager built into the floor board?
Old 06-11-06, 05:01 PM
Cannonbear
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by ki_soarer
neither... i cant afford to build my car the way i would like, therefor it will remain nearly stock.

in the past, i have had a 2jz-gte in my posession, which i ended up selling... i had a complete NA-t set up which i ended up selling, and i also had a line on a 1J for $550... but i passed. i came to the conclusion that i would rather have a stock NA lexus than another stock swapped or low hp na-t sc... even though this was years ago.

i have 3 or 4 kits in mind that i like, and about 10 different wheels that i like.... if i ever pick one of each, and slap on some high quality sispension, then i may go for the speed.

i know what to do to make my SC an animal... only, i dont have the finances for it now.... but one day perhapse.

only time will tell.
Probably sums up everything i'd come across with this car. I'm in the same boat.

I've come into a turbo kit but now want to sell it. i can't see myself boosting around all day. i believe i'll put an axleback exhaust on it, drop it and new wheels and HU and call it a day.
Old 06-11-06, 05:18 PM
SUPRMSC
Lexus Test Driver

My original plans was to keep my car as stock looking as possible, with minor engine upgrades.

whoops.
Old 06-11-06, 08:00 PM
DriftGirl
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by O. L. T.
Got a salt water foot massager built into the floor board?
Maybe.

I'll wait for a 50page thread saying I dont.....then post pix of it

IM JOKING!! Please dont make a "Show me the JDM foot massage unit" thread
Old 06-11-06, 08:30 PM
BLK13X
Mortgage Slave

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

I love these cars in clean, stock form. Even if the styling of these cars are timeless there are a few things I would love to have in mine to make it look like a 'newer' Lexus, I suppose.

I do plan on fitting up black leather seats (to match with the black interior), fix all the small niggles (e.g. torn E-brake cover... that's it lol) and get all the interior illumination changed from green to white. I also plan on fitting a gated shifter mechanism (hopefully will bolt onto an A340E transmission) and redo the wood trims (either in black wood, similar to new Mercs or in a light tan, similar to the SC430).

On the exterior I plan to give it a full detail. There are scratches everywhere and it seems best if the car is wetsanded and buffed. Along with this I plan on doing an D2S HID retrofit, dark tints and hopefully get an Auto Couture kit plus roll the guards a tiny bit.

For suspension I'm currently looking at getting a set of TEIN CS (I know they say it's discontinued but there are shops in Australia saying they can bring it in) or the new TEIN Comfort Sport when that comes out, UCF20 front brake calipers, stainless steel braided brake lines, thicker swaybars and a nice set of wheels (don't know which ones yet, but I would love a set of staggered 19x8.5"/19x10" wheels with offsets around the low~mid 20s). I also plan on changing out the original motor/gearbox mounts and bushes with new parts.

For the mechanicals I've only fitted so far an ATF cooler, but I'm planning to fit the car up with intake and exhaust mods (a quiet exhaust, if possible as I HATE drone), front mount intercooler and have just found out that A'PEXi makes a PowerFC for the 1JZ VVTi Soarers. If the boost bug hits me again I may need to rebuild the transmission to hold more power too.

My main goal is to make it like a new car but with little personal touches

Jose
Old 06-11-06, 08:43 PM
lfrers
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default .

I was going for a pretty stock looking SC inside & out with the same Luxuirous ride. But crazy boost and speed on demand. A sort of luxury T-Supra. Only heavier
The car is pretty much there. The only give away are the wheels and brakes.
Old 06-12-06, 05:35 AM
BiZ
Intermediate

After having a couple of moderately fast cars I decided I wanted a more comforable sports car. My two prior cars, a 1991 Corvette ZR-1 and a 2004 Supercharged Cobra, were both plenty fast especially after the modifications. Heck the ZR-1 was capable of very near 200mph with the power and gearing it had. But neither are as comfortable as the SC400 is. Even though the SC doesn't have the power level of the other two cars I believe it is a very good balance of a sports car and luxury car. If it only had more power in factory form. I will do the majority of the bolt ons to get some more power. But I won't sacrifice luxury to get it. Maybe down the road I will pick up a SC300 to mod to the moon. For now I am happy with the performance the SC400 has.
Old 06-12-06, 06:47 AM
ATL-SC
Lead Lap

my main goal at the moment is to earnt he extra $ to put in the 1jz that has been in my garage since january.
but overall i am looking for a great driving car for the street with only a few clean and classy mods to the body to set it apart from the rest.

Quick Reply: Class or sass.......... what is YOUR SC goal?