SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Does anybody have this hood on there a SC that can provide a picture?

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-06, 09:43 PM
mcgrath85
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Does anybody have this hood on there a SC that can provide a picture?

Does anybody have this hood on there a SC that can provide a picture? Thanks in advance.

Old 05-30-06, 10:25 PM
lighthalo
Lexus Test Driver

dosent look like an SC hood to me
Old 05-31-06, 08:33 AM
neurocity
Neu`roc´i`ty

Received 73 Likes on 37 Posts

doesn't look like an SC hood to me
Looks like a hood to a pickup truck.

If it was for a SC, I wouldn't put it on the car.
Old 05-31-06, 08:46 AM
LexusPunk
Pole Position

I donno...

just put this one on to be safe:
Attached Thumbnails Does anybody have this hood on there a SC that can provide a picture?-convertible-sc.jpg  
Old 05-31-06, 09:52 AM
FiSta
Lead Lap

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...8&postcount=21

it's not the same but similar...i think...
Old 05-31-06, 11:20 AM
Batmobile
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

cantseeme has the better looking one.....i hope he doesn't mind me posting his pics

Old 05-31-06, 11:57 AM
jibbby
Banned - could not follow forum rules

Unless you are supercharged and need the hood scoop for room under the hood I think it over kill....Still looks nice on the white sc.... These carbon fiber hoods are a big hit on this forum...Is it the looks or is it the - 40 pounds that is attracting you guys most? Does the bottom of these hoods look like crap compared to stock after installed?...Does it fibrate or rattle some on the freeway?...I know the stock front hood is solid and a tight fit.......

I do like the idea of droping 40-45LBS off of the front end but not for $400 plus painting costs...and most CF hoods don't look all that much better then the stock hoods....Don't get it... However, for the right price I'd take it, don't get me wrong......Late...
Old 05-31-06, 02:03 PM
jibbby

I also would be considerned about the perfect hood fit...Like even gaps on both sides like the stock fit...I can't imagine all these carbon fiber hoods are just absolute perfect to the tee fits...How about that?
Old 05-31-06, 03:31 PM
CantSeeMe
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Batmobile
cantseeme has the better looking one.....i hope he doesn't mind me posting his pics

Thanks for the compliment B. I appreciate it .
As far as the hood in the 1st post. It looks like a C-wing. But I'm not sure? If so , fitment should be excellent, that is assuming its installed correctly.

To answer a couple ?s raised :
Ive had mine for about 4 months now .And am very happy with it. This is my daily driver, and I havnt had any problems with rain leaking into the engine bay. Even during the 2 months of daily rain this winter. I might add that I also wash my car 1-2 times a week as well and leaking hasnt been an issue. But after it has been open for engine work , it occasionally will squeak til it settles .
Now as far as why get one?
The weight reduction is very significant . and noticeable. I would say it made a comparable impact on my cars performance to my exhaust mods. (Borlas w/custom c.b. piping).
And the vent has cooled my engine bay down alot .
Asthetically its not for everyone. But i like it , it looks very aggresive. And it gets alot of positive comments.
I do have to say it screams out for Dave H. though..... Especially since every Camaro and 350z owner assumes i want a race.
Old 05-31-06, 06:16 PM
jibbby

Wait did I read that correct????? A CARBON FIBERHOOD is comparable to exhaust mods, borla's and piping.?...Sorry bro 45lbs off the front end will not give you 15-20hp...NO WAY...If that is the case order me two CF hoods.... ..Everything else sounds good though....

I removed the spare tire and tools and 12 CD changer which was like 70lbs in total and I didn't feel a thing. I changed just my mufflers to Megan N1's and felt a good power gain....I also later changed my Y pipes and intalled a Magnaflow cat and then also felt a good gain....Intake mods nothing....
Old 05-31-06, 06:36 PM
mcgrath85
Driver School Candidate

First off I like to say thanks for all of your responses. I forgot the web site that I found the hood on it was import something.com. It was made specifically for the SC. I just started my summer job and I was looking to spend some money on my car. I use to have a 94 SC400 and put the custom exhaust that LIVESC had and an injen intake along with other little things. I now have a 99 SC400 and really like having a quiet car and the only intake i found was almost $500 on swift racing which is ridiculous. What do you all think would be the best thing for my car for $1000 or less? Engine mods, rims, suspension, or cosmetics? Thanks again.

Last edited by mcgrath85; 05-31-06 at 07:26 PM.
Old 05-31-06, 06:46 PM
CantSeeMe
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by jibbby
Wait did I read that correct????? A CARBON FIBERHOOD is comparable to exhaust mods, borla's and piping.?...Sorry bro 45lbs off the front end will not give you 15-20hp...NO WAY...If that is the case order me two CF hoods.... ..Everything else sounds good though....

I removed the spare tire and tools and 12 CD changer which was like 70lbs in total and I didn't feel a thing. I changed just my mufflers to Megan N1's and felt a good power gain....I also later changed my Y pipes and intalled a Magnaflow cat and then also felt a good gain....Intake mods nothing....
Im just giving you my own personal experience, thats it......... Dont get me wrong , I like the sound of the Borlas and there is a little improvement in performance. But I doubt my exhaust added 15-20 HP . At best 10 i would guess. I dont have any exact numbers though.
Old 05-31-06, 06:50 PM
CantSeeMe
Lead Lap

BTW i have an SC300 . Maybe an SC400 would see a bigger improvement?
Old 05-31-06, 07:01 PM
CantSeeMe
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by mcgrath85
First off I like to say thanks for all of your responses. I forgot the web site that I found the hood on it was import something.com. It was made specifically for the SC. I just started my summer job and I was looking to spend some money on my car. I use to have a 94 SC400 and put the custom exhaust that LIVESC had and an injen intake along with other little things. I now have a 99 SC400 and really like having a quite car and the only intake i found was almost $500 on swift racing which is ridiculous. What do you all think would be the best thing for my car for $1000 or less? Engine mods, rims, suspension, or cosmetics? Thanks again.

A 99 SC400 ...very nice , Cosmetically you are set. If your wheels are decent , I would drop it.
Old 05-31-06, 10:15 PM
roo
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

might not look bad painted but that carbon weave looks horrible.....and that's from low res. pics.

Quick Reply: Does anybody have this hood on there a SC that can provide a picture?