SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

JDM Soarer Digital Cluster In SC **Special Case** (already searched)

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-11, 07:28 AM
junkyard03
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 1992Lexus
One post on here and he has accomplished something that not even members with 30K plus members hasnt figured out? We need to see a DIY, and I mean NOW!
yes right meow! yes in said meow...
Old 02-28-11, 08:33 AM
iridebmx
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by YeA 2jZ
^^^ LoL , and yea diy x1000 ....

but it looks like ur fuel and temp gauge dont work though ?
in the first pic you will see that the fuel gauge is working. maybe its a cold start photo so the temp is at zero.
Old 02-28-11, 09:34 AM
Tabaka
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by iridebmx
in the first pic you will see that the fuel gauge is working. maybe its a cold start photo so the temp is at zero.
Maybe he's just running on empty due to gas prices...

Old 02-28-11, 10:08 AM
ClearP
Lead Lap

Wouldn't it be easier if you just send dr tweak your sc harness and a soarer harness and have him do the conversion along with extending your harness for an engine swap?

I personally like our gauges better, the Soarer ones are old style boards that makes it look like it's from the movie back to the future, I guess people just want things they cant have.

One problem, if you have any engine other than a 1jz, the redline would be totally different, right?
Old 02-28-11, 10:20 AM
tacomonkey
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ClearP
One problem, if you have any engine other than a 1jz, the redline would be totally different, right?
the 1uz soarers had this dash. So no RPM problems for the sc400.
Old 02-28-11, 11:06 AM
SH_JZZ30
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The digital dash fuel gauge flashes with the full bar at start up and then stops after a minute and goes to empty or whatever level if its connected. In the pics, his engine isn't running. So he just turned the key to on. The temp gauge is working but it's just cold from not running.

I have a message bar at the bottom where the automatic gear selection part is.
Old 02-28-11, 01:46 PM
kapetajr
Pole Position

The novelty of the digital dash wears off pretty quick, if there was an easy way, I would convert to regular analog cluster in a heartbeat.
Old 02-28-11, 02:01 PM
CrazySC300
Lexus Champion

Digital clusters are kinda "American domestic 80's-ish" in my opinion...There's a reason why many newer cars still have analog gauges for a reason...Final verdict?

Analog > Digital

Soarer owners will probably agree, since many of them prefer the analog clusters.
Old 02-28-11, 04:01 PM
pharaoh20x
Driver School Candidate

Will have Diy pics soon, it took me about 2 weeks working only on weekends. I also got the gas gauge to work properly too, all that is needed in addition to the wiring is the fuel pickup unit from the gas tank, it uses a different method to read the fuel from USDM models, but the unit plugs right in. Now if I can do it you all can do it too, I'm no electrician, but like i said with lots of patience and the desire like someone once told me it can be done.
Old 02-28-11, 04:23 PM
SH_JZZ30
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a Soarer fuel sender unit with the 3 tubes but the plug is different than my usdm float type sender unit. Also what size bolts did you use to bolt the cover for the sender unit on because the JDM one requires longer bolts?
Old 02-28-11, 10:34 PM
pharaoh20x
Driver School Candidate

Guys please be patient with me,I am currently composing the DIY with pics for everyone, I'm almost done with the project, just putting the car back together, I've been real busy doing both 1jzgte swap and this rewire simultaneously. As for the pickup units there are different types the one I have does not have the 3 tubes, I'm going to take a pic of the one I have for you.
Old 03-01-11, 06:09 AM
Tabaka
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by pharaoh20x
Guys please be patient with me,I am currently composing the DIY with pics for everyone, I'm almost done with the project, just putting the car back together, I've been real busy doing both 1jzgte swap and this rewire simultaneously. As for the pickup units there are different types the one I have does not have the 3 tubes, I'm going to take a pic of the one I have for you.
I appreciate the hard work sir
Old 03-01-11, 06:14 AM
YeA 2jZ
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Tabaka
I appreciate the hard work sir
for sure
Old 03-01-11, 06:59 AM
joe diego
Lexus Test Driver

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

Outstanding! We'll be patient and at the same time very excited. I never had a cluster like this and mine is shot so I'll be making this a priority once your done with your DIY.
Old 03-01-11, 07:36 AM
ashtray
Pole Position

I like seeing needles move. But the digital cluster looks cool though.

Quick Reply: JDM Soarer Digital Cluster In SC **Special Case** (already searched)