ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000) (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc-1st-gen-1992-2000-6/)
-   -   Your thoughts on this SC... (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc-1st-gen-1992-2000/196231-your-thoughts-on-this-sc.html)

cundiffw 01-15-06 09:12 PM

Your thoughts on this SC...

Ok, so I found an SC here in so cal. Blue '92 5 spd. The guy is asking 7k. I think 5k is fair. The interior is pretty destroyed. The seats are in bad need of upholstering, carpet is filthy, dash is ok. The AC, fan, etc. is not working. Im guessing it needs a new control module. Power steering pump needs replacement (car has no PS unless rpms are high). Paint is alright. There is some spiderwebbing in the front bumper. a little bondo on the front right quarter panel. Scratches and such all around the car. Windshield wiper switch needs to be replaced. Passenger side window does not go down all the way. The stereo is not hooked up properly. What are your thoughts? I appreciate your time guys! thanks
-Bill

21ce 01-15-06 09:24 PM

5k honestly sounds more than generous... how many miles are on the vehicle? it is nice that it is a 5 speed but it sounds like it needs some minor beautifications. have you checked up on the kbb for it?

bizzy928 01-15-06 09:24 PM

I would say 2-3k is fair. From your description, it sounds like the car is in need of a lot of work.

sxylxy 01-15-06 09:39 PM

I'd say your buying a lemon, you'll find something else!!!

CK6Speed 01-15-06 10:14 PM

I'd say $2000 tops but personally I would not even think about it. There isn't a single thing you described on that car that even suggest you should even consider this car. Sure, it is a 5-Speed, but 5-Speeds aren't as rare as people think they are especially those in conditions like this.

mkorsu 01-16-06 08:47 AM

Originally Posted by bizzy928
I would say 2-3k is fair. From your description, it sounds like the car is in need of a lot of work.

:agree:

2-3k tops!!!! With all the "smaller" maintenance items mentioned, what mechanical condition do you think the engine is in?? People that let the interior get all ripped to shreds, fail to replace the power steering pump, and pay no attention to the AC/heater system are NOT the same people that change their oil every 3 to 5k miles!!!

Plus, a 92 in very good condition is only going to go in that 5k range. Offer the guy a grand and a six pack of PBR. Stress that you're doing HIM the favor!

bruce van 01-16-06 08:54 AM

I'd say pass on this one too. For $5K, you can get something in much better condition. The 5speed sounds tempting, but your going to dump in at least that much more just to get it somewhat decent looking and running.

If you want a 5 speed, save up and hold off for something better.

soarer5780 01-16-06 08:59 AM

no more than $2k like everyone else is saying

SwampFox 01-16-06 09:05 AM

Sounds more like a parts car. Does the car have current California registration? Sounds doubtful the car would pass California emissions for inspection without a lot of work and expense.

SWSC400 01-16-06 09:32 AM

Originally Posted by mkorsu
:agree:

2-3k tops!!!! With all the "smaller" maintenance items mentioned, what mechanical condition do you think the engine is in?? People that let the interior get all ripped to shreds, fail to replace the power steering pump, and pay no attention to the AC/heater system are NOT the same people that change their oil every 3 to 5k miles!!!

Plus, a 92 in very good condition is only going to go in that 5k range. Offer the guy a grand and a six pack of PBR. Stress that you're doing HIM the favor!

I'm with mkorsu on this one......

AURELIOMK3 01-16-06 09:38 AM

i would say no more than 3k for the car cause i paid 2200 for mine and it ran perfect but everything that your described my car had too. interior was shot,power steering leaked like hell and needs a paint job so even though its the rare blue and 5 speed i think 7k is over kill thats my two cents good luck on your hunt or purchase :thumbup:

codetoad 01-16-06 09:50 AM

5k? I paid 5k for mine, and the only problem with mine(when I bought it) was with the driver side window regulator. I'd offer him 4k TOPS and thats if you're really desperate

cundiffw 01-16-06 10:24 AM

Right on. Thanks guys. I just wish I could find a nice deal out here! Im all ready to buy and I cant find a thing.

SwampFox 01-16-06 01:31 PM

Check it out,

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/search...or=&x=136&y=13

cundiffw 01-16-06 05:43 PM

errr...yeah...ive heard of autotrader, but there are currently no well priced 5 spds in the area
thanks for the help though