SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

95 I believe

Old 05-31-22, 07:52 AM
TWiiG193
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 95 I believe

So I recently bought a 95 believed to be 2jz sc300 but the guy really lied about a lot of the things said would come with it and what not and so really all i was left with is a bunch of questions and no answers, so first how do I find out exactly it’s background, actual year make and model, and the rear driver wheel I believe is rusted stuck any ideas? The car was delivered to my house via a tow truck I paid for, and the guy gave me the wrong key so the ignition is locked any help is appre

ciated
Old 05-31-22, 11:55 AM
Arsenii
Pole Position

Received 744 Likes on 622 Posts

Hello,

To learn the history of a car, there are a couple of different ways, if you just need to learn what year and trim you got, here is a free VIN decoder tool that comes with this forum. If you want to learn the full history of it, you can buy a Carfax report, they are pricey, but contain all the service records for any car, making it easier to piece its history together.

What is seized in that wheel, the nuts or the wheel itself stuck to the hub? If it is the nut that is stuck, try using penetrating fluid and letting it sit for a day, if that won't help, carefully heat the nut itself, then cool it down with water. If nothing would help, you may have to snap the stud and then replace it, it's just pressed in and can be bought separately at any dealership, it will be quicker than fighting with it. If it is the wheel itself that got seized to the hub, there are not a lot of options other than to keep hitting the tire until the wheel would pop off. Just make sure to be careful so that you won't snap the internal grid in the tire, which will ruin it.

If this car has an Immobilizer, does the Security Light go out when the key is in the Ignition? If so, it is the right key for that car, but either the lock is seized, or the key is worn out, which is a common issue on those cars with higher mileage. Visually check the key, see if it is worn out, if so, you will need a new one. If, however, the light won't go out, it is the wrong key, and you will either have to ask a dealership to make a new key, or use this method to hack into the ECU.

Hope this helps and best of luck!