SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

PLEASE READ: Re-establishing a sense of community in the SC forum.

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-05, 01:42 PM
broman
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey all, I don't post much but want to thank everyone for all the useful information I've picked up here. Thanks to this place and intellextual.net, I found the exact SC I wanted, avoided some pitfalls, fixed some minor things, and decided which direction to take my car. This is a great resource even for folks who mostly lurk. Thanks for keeping it great!
Old 12-20-05, 04:35 PM
whoisfelix
Driver School Candidate

I agree 100% with what BroMan said above me. As someone trying to learn before I buy (this spring!!) I am really happy to have found such a good place...
Old 08-18-09, 05:36 PM
user762198
Driver School Candidate

As a new member, I would have to say that this site has been very informative and helpful with my new project car(SC400). I look forward to learning from you guys and sharing my info.
Old 09-10-09, 06:35 PM
JDMmuscle
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Address to the SC community

Im sick of what this community is turning into....

For the past couple weeks i have sat back and watched my beloved SC section Change into a wreathing pile of trolls, These people know who you are...
What happened to the SC community? If you dont like some ones mods then dont say anything. If you must open your mouth, keep it simple.

Clean up your act CL... im sick of how my community is changing for the worse...
Old 09-10-09, 06:47 PM
ThomasGS4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 373 Likes on 218 Posts

it sure has changed since I joined in november. Seems like it's going in the waste basket now..
Old 09-10-09, 06:53 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,127 Likes on 1,297 Posts

Guys its partially up to you to help change it! I appreciate you noticing and trying to help.
Old 09-10-09, 07:07 PM
Supra Dr
Moving SC Threads

Received 106 Likes on 75 Posts

^^^^ Beat me to it. You can also help us by reporting problem
threads. We do our best to keep an eye out. It's up to everyone
here to make this a better place.
Old 09-10-09, 07:20 PM
ScottURnot
Super Moderator

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

It has been getting bad again. Seen some stuff today that really was childish! Really bums me to see it, This is the best forum out there, we need to keep that stauts!
Old 09-10-09, 07:43 PM
ziptied
Rookie

Its not like it was when I first joined in 03. And in case someone is curious. I deleted the email address it was linked to and forgot the password, so yes, this is a new name.
Old 09-10-09, 08:11 PM
SH_JZZ30
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yes I too have noticed a big change since I joined. It's kind of entertaining but sad at the same time. Hopefully everything can get back on track.
Old 09-10-09, 09:50 PM
GS FONZy
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'll probably get in trouble for this, but someone had to say it. I noticed the change when one member joined, the sad part is he's doing the same thing on other forums
We should all (including my self) try and ignore negative attitude individual, but to some, it's human nature to react in the same manner when they dissagree. I know I'm guilty of it, otherwise how do I explain the points on my membership
Old 09-10-09, 09:51 PM
TroySC300
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JDMmuscle
Im sick of what this community is turning into....

For the past couple weeks i have sat back and watched my beloved SC section Change into a wreathing pile of trolls, These people know who you are...
What happened to the SC community? If you dont like some ones mods then dont say anything. If you must open your mouth, keep it simple.

Clean up your act CL... im sick of how my community is changing for the worse...
2x For real, people need to grow up.
Old 09-10-09, 10:52 PM
bangdangvn
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hard to fix since "everybody is a tough guy" behind their computer desks....in the public library hahahahah
Old 10-10-09, 02:40 AM
cbrasian
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

agreed its been the clublexus forums and the supraforums in general especially the california section that I have noticed that have started to turn to crap.. I absolutely refuse to go to meets now since i figure if people are this immature here I cant trust bringing any of my toys out to any meets because i'm scared of getting a ticket on the car and ruining my 0 ticket streak of 5 years. I've seen so many lexus people trying to act like the street racer crowd that showed up out of nowhere when fast and furious 1 came out and I'm embarrassed to even say i'm on the forums because of what I see there has been numerous times i've debated on deleting my account but I keep hoping that it will get better but sadly more and more I doubt that myself..
Old 10-15-09, 06:02 PM
Weeble46
Driver School Candidate

I very seldom respond on this forum,but we have to keep in mind that we all joined because we really enjoy the SC and have a love for cars in general .But i have noticed the increased hostility toward some forum users that have legitimate questions and it may be the same questions that someone else was thinking about.So let`s not forget what we are doing here and lets spend more time sharing ideals,helping others troubleshoot problems and brag about the car that we love and spend alot of time and money working on.

Quick Reply: PLEASE READ: Re-establishing a sense of community in the SC forum.