SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

PLEASE READ: Re-establishing a sense of community in the SC forum.

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-05, 01:47 PM
codetoad
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dave, I agree with you and i'll do my part to contribute. I've made the mistake of others by lashing out when I should have let it be, but we have to remember we're all part of the same Club If we don't support each other then we're basically just another Honda-Tech or ClubSI.com :-P

We should definitely find a way to become more tight knit and less abrasive to each other. We should be plotting against the domestics not each other

BTW, Is there anyone who sells a small vinyl for ClubLexus.com? I want to rep it on my windshield
Old 11-10-05, 01:52 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,126 Likes on 1,297 Posts

Originally Posted by codetoad
BTW, Is there anyone who sells a small vinyl for ClubLexus.com? I want to rep it on my windshield
Sell? We give 'em away for free

https://www.clublexus.com/decals/

Sometimes takes a while to come in, but you'll get 'em.
Old 11-10-05, 01:54 PM
PERRYinLA
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Nice idea, but don't stop at the windshield:
Attached Thumbnails PLEASE READ:  Re-establishing a sense of community in the SC forum.-licen008.jpg  

Last edited by PERRYinLA; 11-10-05 at 02:18 PM.
Old 11-10-05, 02:01 PM
SupraCoup3
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great ideas & plan dave.

I like the way it's laid out, and I'm looking forward to the slow but steady improvement

Thanks,

John
Old 11-10-05, 02:04 PM
codetoad
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by DaveGS4
Sell? We give 'em away for free

https://www.clublexus.com/decals/

Sometimes takes a while to come in, but you'll get 'em.

Awesome, thanks Dave.

Maybe they'll make it here in time for the next FL meet, which I will try to get out to. I'd like to meet some of you in the flesh
Old 11-10-05, 02:24 PM
VJ RC51
Lexus Champion

Default hey

sorry for bein an ******* to everyone yesterday, i shouldnt take anger from personal problems out on u guys, sorry again
Ric
Old 11-10-05, 02:28 PM
soarer5780
Lead Lap

umm.... don't worry about it i guess hahahaha i dont know what your talking about but your not an a-hole
Old 11-10-05, 02:31 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

This is great, time for the community to re-bond. I've also seen a few instances where it was a moderator who inflamed a situation. Let's everyone return to the spirit that was here years ago. Remember the saying, can't we all just get along?
Old 11-10-05, 03:10 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,126 Likes on 1,297 Posts

Originally Posted by reggiek
I've also seen a few instances where it was a moderator who inflamed a situation.
That does happen sometimes, we're human too. When it does just follow what it says in the forum rules and PM me or Ethan (Static911). I'm online more so I prefer you come to me.

We've also put some rules in place for the moderators to help head off some of these situations. For example, I've asked any moderator who is personally invested in a discussion (in any forum) or when they may have some other conflict of interest (businesses, past issues with another member ,etc) to alert other moderators to step in and handle the situation rather than moderate it themselves.
Old 11-10-05, 03:27 PM
5spdSC300
Lead Lap

Something i've noticed since the first time i came to this fourm is that everyone use to be so helpful with things and information was always shared but recently, i've noticed that people are being more private about certain things. It almost feels like the mr2/honda fourms back in the day (since i don't really visit them much anymore i don't know how they are now) where people were sercretive about certain "mods" beacuse they didn't want other people to know. Im not talking about keeping a secret about there mods before they reveal there car but more so information that could help other member. I aways thought the whole point of comming to these forums is to share information and help each other out. When i first joined i would be able to find information or have people help me on problems i was having, now i get "i'll tell you if you paypal me $50". I understand that every indivudual has a right to what information they want made public or how much they would like to charge for the information but that just degrades us as a community imo.

On the supraforums, you can find virtually any info about the car out there. No one has a problem giving up the info, even the vendors. You can learn how to build a 1000+hp car just from seraching. I will acknowledge that many members on supraforums are big headed and think the 2jz-gte was forged by god himself (which is is JK) but the information is out there and no one hides anything.

I though it was just me that was noticing that lack of "community" in the sc section. I hope everyone is more helpful when they can be and we become more of a community . We don't want to end up like the honda forums.

~Kevin
Old 11-10-05, 03:34 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by DaveGS4
A Message to ALL SC Forum Members:

Over the last few months the moderator team has noticed a growing issue with the SC forum.... it's losing its sense of community. The SC crew has nearly always been mature, helped each other out and worked through their differences like adults.

However, lately there has been an increase in unprovoked personal attacks, rude comments and a general lack of respect for one another. It's not all from the new members; the OG's are sometimes drawn into it as well.

These activities will not continue. We will regain our sense of community, starting now.

HOW? We're going to accomplish this on in two ways...

Stop the bleeding
1) informing members of this request, asking for their help
2) increased moderator presence and attention in the SC forum
3) use of temporary 24 hour or 1 week ban from the forum as cool off periods after ignoring warnings
4) permanent bans for continued offenses against our community rules

Resuscitate the breathing
1) implementation of an expanded set of forum rules (click here to review them)
2) better communication of use of the search feature to new joiners in their welcome email
3) nomination new moderators to help monitor the SC forum and help members
4) implementation of the SC FAQ forum to help cut down on the repetitive Q&A

WE NEED YOUR HELP
I'd like to ask each and every one to stop telling new members to 'use search' without helping them search by also telling them what keywords to look for and giving them a couple of links to helpful threads.

Give a warm welcome to ALL new members, not just the new female members.

Help others. Yes we're tired of the same questions and the dreaded "how much is this SC worth" daily post. Take turns answering them . Cut & paste the same thoughtful response and links you took time to write up last time.

Thicken your skin, be 'better than that'. Don't respond angrily to a rude post. Rise above it or don't respond.

If you get a temporary 24 hour or one week ban, please take the warning seriously. Don't come back angry and complaining and don't pick up in the same thread doing the same thing. We're using this method to try and provide 'cooling off' time when needed. Warnings sent in private and public just don't seem to be doing enough to discourage some of the recent behaviour here... we will show some folks the door if they can't participate in a mature manner that enhances our community instead of destroying it.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you for taking the time to read this message. We'll accept feedback on this thread for a short while, then it will be pruned and left as a sticky in this forum for a period of time.

We all got some work to do.
Old 11-10-05, 06:48 PM
MongooseGA
Racer

Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts

When are you picking new mods? I don't normally post too much, but I'm always searching the forums anyway. If you need someone, PM me. I'd gladly help out.
Old 11-10-05, 07:19 PM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Great work Dave... I am excited about the future of the SC forum, because I know you and everyone who loves this forum will work to keep it the at the top of the heap
  • always treat each member as we want to be treated
  • remember to be helpful, no smart alek comments
  • keep the jokes clean
  • practice patience
  • make "beef" comments offline
  • PM people whom you have an issue with and attempt to settle those offline
  • feel free to speak your honest opinions, but do it conscientiously
  • be friendly, be happy, and enjoy the forum and its members and knowledge!!

Just some suggestions...

Ryan

Last edited by SC400T; 11-10-05 at 08:57 PM.
Old 11-10-05, 07:39 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 335 Likes on 221 Posts

Originally Posted by MongooseGA
When are you picking new mods? I don't normally post too much, but I'm always searching the forums anyway. If you need someone, PM me. I'd gladly help out.
We've established ideas on future mods, but that doesn't mean we aren't scanning the forum Mods are chosen by admins (not the other way around) on their history with the site and members.

Just so it has been said "I wanna be a mod" won't do anything until we contact YOU. (for future reference only so this doesn't turn into a "make me a mod thread". It's not by request.

Thank you for your offer.

Last edited by O. L. T.; 11-10-05 at 07:44 PM.
Old 11-10-05, 07:41 PM
ki_soarer
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i feel like im on jerry springer... i have an anger posting problem. i too need to appologize to my fellow members. although most of my negative posts were directed to a certian person who hapens to be a good friend..( i know, its wierd) i have been watching these forums go down hill for the last year or so, and lately, it has gotten pretty bad. im sure part is due to the average age dropping every week, but also to the fact that nothing has been done to adress the negativity... untill now. i honestly have no idea where i would be now if it wasnt for CL. i not only have a lot of people listed on my AIM buddy list that i talk to, but i have about 40 or 50 SC owners phone numbers that i talk to regularly.... this is not just some forum.. it is a community! i know the hardest part for me is holding my own tongue when someone is out of line... im working on that myself. i think things will begin to chage. you mods are taking the right steps... let me know if you would like my assistance in keeping the peace. not that i deserve it persay, but i feel that i owe it to CL for all it has given me. I'M SCOTT, YOU STAY CLASSY CLUB LEXUS!

Quick Reply: PLEASE READ: Re-establishing a sense of community in the SC forum.