SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

PLEASE READ: Re-establishing a sense of community in the SC forum.

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-13, 01:05 PM
Toyboxx
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't know if this is the correct place to post this as I didn't see any suggestion box for the forum. Anyways it would be nice if we could tag users during posts, for instance whenever I search for an answer, and I find it. It would be nice to tag the user in my own thread as a shout out for having the answer I needed.

Just my .02 cents.
Old 04-03-13, 06:12 PM
Supra Dr
Moving SC Threads

Received 106 Likes on 75 Posts

^^^^^ here you go:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sit...d-problems-14/
Old 08-12-13, 11:58 PM
gtsfire
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by DaveGS4
Help others. Yes we're tired of the same questions and the dreaded "how much is this SC worth" daily post. Take turns answering them . Cut & paste the same thoughtful response and links you took time to write up last time.

This does not happen. To many people seem to be over anxious to post some kind of condescending "search" comment, as if it where a race to be the first. I have favorited the DIY Links page on my browser and that has helped me immensely in the past. However, sometimes people, myself included, have specific requests that when searched, have such a broad return of choices. I for one do not have 3 hours to sit and sift through hundreds of threads looking for what I'd like to know. More often than not, I find a thread that is asking the same question but there are either no replies, or what replies there are, are some kind of rude "search" comment.

Certain topics will be beat to death. Certain questions will be asked over and over. It's inevitable. If you are going to take the time to type "it's called the search button...use it" or "a simple search would have yielded your answer", then instead, why not take the time to point that person in the right direction by either giving them helpful tags to search or if you know of a specific link, then post it. Moderators have seemed to jump on the search bandwagon as well when they should be leading by example, regardless of how many times the subject has been run up the flag pole.

Last edited by gtsfire; 08-13-13 at 07:32 AM.
Old 09-20-13, 10:06 AM
SC3coupe
Instructor

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

I have been involved in multiple cars and hobbies and participated in many forums.
I have also owned an IS for 5 years, participated in CL, no problems there. But this SC sub forum does give a different vibe. Some users are rather hostile and think they know everything about the car and with an attitude that you should not ask questions that seems trival to them. Search could only go so far compared to describing a noise in the car.

If the forum is not for actively talking back and forth it might as well be archived and read-only. Some miscellaneous issues don't always have much hits, I searched inside the site and outside using google syntax (site:clublexus.com) and read 9 pages deep if there is enough relevance. Normally I do like to ask questions for a repair and come back with pictures and described how I finished the job. Chances are if you meet me in person you would know I love talking about cars and you wouldn't be rude if I asked something about the climate control or an item that isn't working on my car.

I do want to thank Ali SC3 for his patience he's always happy to tell us about each job and what to look for. To be honest I am rather reluctant to ask any question on this forum because of possible "use search" or other rude comments. I love the SC but I am disappointed there isn't a tight community feel when choosing a forum. I guess the SC is either a car that has long-time owners or changed hands every 9 months at this point, and disparity between users are inevitable. It's not like I expect everyone to be first name basis on the forum but I hope everyone extends common courtesy and take the rudeness away and the forum improves.
Old 10-08-13, 01:58 PM
Highway
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Coming from 3 other huge sites like my350 and Zilvia the guys on here are peaches and cream. For real. Try asking something on Zilvia without researching and you will be called every name in the book. Same on my350. Being a forum member since 2007 i get it but everyday a new person discovers the wonderful world that are forums and the info they hold. A little patience with others neva hurt anyone.
Old 01-16-14, 08:31 AM
EdGyWoN
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have only joined in the past few months, however I have been using the forum for about 6 years now to answers to common issues with my SC300. I think this is a brilliant idea. I've seen some users being less than polite. We are all here because we have a common interest.
Old 01-30-14, 01:25 PM
LomoFire
Driver School Candidate

I swear sometimes you can't win in this forum. You post in a new thread, get told not to start new threads because they are too like old threads, get griped at for posting in old thread LOL
Old 03-25-14, 11:39 AM
Lexman4375
Driver School Candidate

Amen Brother! There were a time when I was attacted by someone when I was a newbie, simply because I asked a question on "how to do". An OG quickly came to my defense and scolded the person for being sarcastic. And he provided me with the help I needed. We need to watch each others back and not be quick to use sarcasm .We are a family for goodness sake
Old 07-09-14, 11:54 PM
Gc3p0
Driver School Candidate

i haven bin on the forums too long as member, but i have bin reading and getting info for over a year and i have notice this in the community. (" it's losing its sense of community")
and i think this is great! to keep the community strong and positive!
Old 09-05-14, 07:26 AM
Djdot2k
Pole Position

where has the fun gone? i found and have been thinking of picking up another SC and getting back to this forum but after going through recent threads the last few days... i'm rethinking this.... why so serious?
Old 09-10-14, 04:43 AM
Sweatshop
Lead Lap

Integrate the pay-it-forward practice in here EXCLUSIVELY. Also, forums members needing and wanting to help with repairs in their perspective areas-and are willing to meet/travel-should have a forum to help one another (esp. mechanics). Same car, limitless expertise. Beer and bbq and a couple dollars will build a sense of community too.
Old 03-09-15, 10:41 AM
Blackmeen
Rookie

Nice to see a forum take back something that once was!
Old 04-13-15, 03:46 PM
lexsc3
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I think something needs to change to make the sc forum more friendly to all. The community only thrives if the collective knowledge is shared and accessible. Innovation does not come from searching and finding one way to do something. Asking guys to search doesn't help without throwing a link or two. I for one would be willing to come help on things I've done, if I didn't have to read through a bunch of random comments and guys just saying search. Maybe users should be banned from saying search without actually help of some sort.
Old 04-19-15, 06:20 PM
Grkgrlcop8
Driver School Candidate

Default Sc 300

I can honestly say, I love this site . Anytime I have an issue with my sc300 , I can always count on this site for DIY repair.

But I think I might be the only one out there with a 22 yr old car!
Old 10-02-15, 10:33 AM
Maplebacon
Driver School Candidate

In fairness.... I see where some of the older members are coming from..

People jump on here. Post a bunch just trying to fix their issue.... and once they have their answer.. poof there gone.

Quick Reply: PLEASE READ: Re-establishing a sense of community in the SC forum.