SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Dyeing Tan Pieces Black

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-05, 02:40 PM
ACleanSC4
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

If you have a Finish Masters around you, they sell tons of S***s stuff..

Tommy, there's a Finish Masters down the street from me if you need to drop by for some paint...
Old 07-05-05, 02:45 PM
ummagawd
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

TOny... sweet... yea i'll hit you up about that... i'm just about finishing up my air suspension... and then put my carputer back in.... then i'll be ready for the dye
Old 07-05-05, 03:58 PM
TWISTED II
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

doh! just cracked the clip that holds on the center vents. darnit, now i hafta replace the entire piece. it was cracked in the normal SC300 place, so its good i am replacing it, but thats another 175 i didn't need to spend right now. argh.
Old 07-05-05, 04:11 PM
technol
Lexus Test Driver

ive used vinyl dye on the window switches and stuff, and it turns out good, the only thing i cant get right, is the peice that holds the center console, and extends from the stereo back... its texture doesnt like the vinyl dye, it makes it really shiney and wet feeling, and it comes off easily...
Old 07-05-05, 04:34 PM
Twirl
Pole Position

so this SEMS is a vinyl dye?? just wanna make sure so i don't buy the wrong thing and regret it.
Old 07-05-05, 04:39 PM
TWISTED II
Pole Position

Originally Posted by technol
ive used vinyl dye on the window switches and stuff, and it turns out good, the only thing i cant get right, is the peice that holds the center console, and extends from the stereo back... its texture doesnt like the vinyl dye, it makes it really shiney and wet feeling, and it comes off easily...
hmm, can you point out in a pic of which part your talkin about?
Old 07-05-05, 11:47 PM
happypanda
Lead Lap

this stuff is great...i would love to do this on my tan interior...peter where did you get it again locally here in central fl? and how much would i need? please give me more info. I want to do this on my car. Thanks bro
Old 07-06-05, 03:11 PM
TWISTED II
Pole Position

well, just placed my order. right now, i'm just working on the front dash. so everything infront of me will be nice. new gauges, climate, etc all done in LEDs. i'm not worrying about the doors now, cuz the part that i would be painting black, is cracked like, 14 times, so i want to replace them, so i won't waste my money dying them. so i ordered 1 thing of vinyl prep, and 2 cans of satin black dye. i think that will be more than enough to do the entire top dash, and the center piece. wood trim is going high gloss black. will post pics when i'm done, prolly in a new thread, cuz i wanna show pics of my new gauges and everything too. can't wait to see everyones results.
Old 07-06-05, 03:11 PM
DETUNED
Lexus Test Driver

Where in central florida are you? I'd like to help you out when you do it. I bought it on 17-92 at a place called bens paint supply, they usually only have 2 cans in stock, but you can order then. I just bought 4 at a time and kept going back. It's right next to courtesy pontiac/GMC and across from econo paint.
Old 07-06-05, 03:13 PM
ummagawd
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

twisted.... where did you order?

i'm trying to find a good deal
Old 07-06-05, 03:15 PM
TWISTED II
Pole Position

i ordered from here:
http://store.yahoo.com/yourautotrim-store/
can i post links? i can never remember the rules or whatnot, lol. if it gets deleted, i'll PM it to you.

it ended up being just under 40 bucks for 2 13oz cans, and 1 vinyl prep. not bad at all. but the charge for shipping after the order. so i thought it was 30 bucks, then like, a half hour later, i get an email saying 36. eh, no biggie, just, weird.
Old 07-06-05, 05:51 PM
DETUNED
Lexus Test Driver

Here are some better pics of my interior. I'm still not done with it because I'm lazy and the car just sits in the driveway and I'd rather work on other stuff.

Old 07-06-05, 06:48 PM
blaznsc4
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by TWISTED II
i ordered from here:
http://store.yahoo.com/yourautotrim-store/
can i post links? i can never remember the rules or whatnot, lol. if it gets deleted, i'll PM it to you.

it ended up being just under 40 bucks for 2 13oz cans, and 1 vinyl prep. not bad at all. but the charge for shipping after the order. so i thought it was 30 bucks, then like, a half hour later, i get an email saying 36. eh, no biggie, just, weird.
same place i got it from. but i ordered the plastic/leather prep.
Old 07-06-05, 08:05 PM
TWISTED II
Pole Position

yeah detuned, we'll have similar interiors. i am doing the entire center long piece black, tan carpet, and black mats, tan armrest. but other than that, it should look around that. and stock wheel, yuk. IS wheel most likey over time.
Old 07-06-05, 08:48 PM
happypanda
Lead Lap

yea peter...i know of you from the 240sx forums...but anyway..im by ucf area...close to the bithlo drags...but anyways..i would love for you to come help me out with me sc..i could use your experience since im new to this car. Ive always been a nissan dude..So hit me up bro..thanks

Quick Reply: Dyeing Tan Pieces Black