SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

New SC owners - why did you buy the car?

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-05, 01:57 PM
RobSoVIP
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

new from the dealership (Westside Lexus) in 1996.
Old 05-26-05, 03:06 PM
SupraCoup3
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sc300tt
I didn't know how fast they were until I saw this video on the internet of one beating a viper and some rx7s and I knew I had to have one!!
Yeah, who ever owns that SC must be a pimp

I remember those videos... I still have them somewhere!
Old 05-26-05, 07:08 PM
Vitamin-SC
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Well I happen to be 41 and the first time I saw one was on the cover on Motortrend magazine 1991 before it actually hit the market " it was love at first site A luxurios sports car with class and pa-zaaz what more could you ask for I said then that when the time is right ,I would have that car as a collector . It's in the stable forever she won't be sold ever !
Greg
Old 05-26-05, 08:03 PM
Aristo300
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by sc400texas
new from the dealership (Westside Lexus) in 1996.
My car came from Westside Lexus........ I have the key chain from 1993 on my ring.
Old 05-26-05, 08:29 PM
RobSoVIP
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by BrownDuckz
My car came from Westside Lexus........ I have the key chain from 1993 on my ring.
Best service IMO in Houston. My father actually bought the car (I guess I could have added that), then when he picked up a SC430, I was given the 400... But we have had it since it was brand new, it took a long time to get, as it was one of the first Black on Black SC's sold here in texas.
Old 05-26-05, 09:54 PM
MikeFD3S
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Somethings a little Yeah all these people thought the video was faked...but to quote Fast and the Furious

DAMN HES FAST!!!!

I didn't know how fast they were until I saw this video on the internet of one beating a viper and some rx7s and I knew I had to have one!!
Old 05-26-05, 09:58 PM
Khoackerz
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Five1OH
umm and that makes the 240sx low quality? Thats too stereotypical. Tell your dad to stop focusing on stereotypical things and realize that a car is a car. My 1995 240sx has 250,000 miles and it ran perfectly fine. It depends on how YOU treat you car. Just because some one has the "incredible" 2jz engine under the hood of their car, doesnt mean that they are invincible. My friend learned the hard way
another reason was because my brother owns a 1995 240sx and hes doin the sr20det swap in the garage and hes been laggin on it so my dad doesnt want me to follow in his footsteps, plus he would rather spend more money for me then buy me a 240sx
Old 05-27-05, 08:00 AM
Beer Guy
Driver

I wanted a beater that I wasn't ashamed to drive around in. Nice looks, leather, and all that jazz adds up to make quite the nice beater as compared to my old one (94 buick skylark). Plus, daily driving my 240 gets on my nerves.
Old 05-27-05, 09:27 AM
Easy2speed
Driver

I bought mine because it would outrun Vipers.
Old 05-27-05, 11:00 AM
Todd1225
Driver

I'm "gonna" buy mine so I can turbo it...closest thing to a Single Turbo Supra without actually owning one. I considered other cars, but disqualified them due to cost or reliability/high cost repair issues. Plus I can have some decent back seats.
Old 05-27-05, 12:05 PM
ONe21
Driver

Originally Posted by Khoackerz
another reason was because my brother owns a 1995 240sx and hes doin the sr20det swap in the garage and hes been laggin on it so my dad doesnt want me to follow in his footsteps, plus he would rather spend more money for me then buy me a 240sx
My friend has a 240sx and he's had his SR20DET in his garage for a little over a year Is this some kind of trend with the 240 guys, lol. He has all sorts of accessories sitting with it as well (FMIC, boost controler/turbo timer, Blitz DP, HKS exhaust, etc).

I used to see SC's around and they always made me drool. I never really knew much about them, except that they were hot and that some of them had V8's. When my wife and I first got married, she drove a Prelude Si and it was coming up on 200k. We started to look at buying something with less miles and we saw an SC300 in the paper. I found this site and learned a lot about them. It has always been her dream car, and we ended up buying it.

We ran across an SC400 recently and bought it. We couldn't resist the peppy V8 (though I wanted to go turbo with the SC300). I can't resist looking back at it everytime I walk into the house. They are just awesome, despite the various small issues that keep popping up.
Old 05-27-05, 04:17 PM
spoiledkid
Pole Position

I bought my sc because I've always wanted a supra. I was actually really close to buying one. and i was planning on putting this 14k vielside kit. but then my plans changed when my cousin "ryansc300lover" apart of this board. put his sc up for sale. i loved the car in general but think its modability options were not high enough. then when my cuz introduced me to this site i was hooked. went and bought his car the next day. and started modding it but six months later after i completed alot of the car. i crashed it. in 03 of december after only owning the car for 6 months. since then i've been a little busy but im almost complete with my car. and should be able to get it up and running then ill do my next step which would be the 2jz-gte adn 6- speed transplant.
Old 05-27-05, 05:30 PM
ki_soarer
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

well, well, well.... look who decided to stop in and say hello. good to see ya posting. yea, i have 3 vids from that night. and a dyno run from TX2K3

ot, but whats the latest with your car?

back to topic... ummm, its been about 3 years since the first SC. not sure why i got it. looked nice, and i had the cash. then i came here, and was glad that i got it. had some odds and ends that needed to be attended to to be perfect, so i sold it and baught another in better shape with less milage. thats my story. and like everyone... my heros are Chris, SW, and Clint of course. hmm, i have Chris and SWs cell numbers, maybe i should start bothering clint too.

Last edited by ki_soarer; 05-27-05 at 05:35 PM.
Old 05-27-05, 06:18 PM
Lexatron
Rookie

I've always wanted one from the first time I heard you could get it in a V8. I was like "V8 Luxury coupe?! Im a done deal!"

My friend bought one and told me I could never afford it, so I bought one and had 4 killer months in the mortgage business and paid it off 6 months after I bought it.

I then called my friend and asked him if he is enjoying his payments because I know own my SC400 outright. Chump! lol
Old 05-27-05, 06:19 PM
Senator
Lexus Champion

Who's is this guy???

That video, along with the smoking of the Mustang vid influenced me.

How is SW (StreetKing) doing with his SC these days??

Josh

Quick Reply: New SC owners - why did you buy the car?