SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Has Anybody Made A Model of Their SC?

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-05, 11:44 AM
ki_soarer
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i hear you!! I'm doing the same exact thing. lots of time and steady hands. i actually bought a few different paint kits just so i could get as close to factory interior colors as possible.
Old 02-04-05, 01:09 PM
FortuneLS
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

i painted my interior black and painted the seats red and left the backs of the seats off and painted the backs black and added some bride decals to the headrest for a little custom flavor, i painted what would be the wood trim silver and managed to paint all the dials on the navigation system as well as the screen, on the exterior i managed to paint the window trim and even the door locks, for a little custom flavor i stole the pipe from my integra ricer kit and custom fit it and stole the fmic from my tamiya r34 gt-r kit and it fit perfectly in place, i even added an hks decal to the fmic, i managed to get my www.t-and-e.co.jp decal to cover the front liscense plate holes pretty well, im trying to get some rims for the model now but i do not know where to look! ill get some pics posted soon, im waiting new windows because mines came shipped from hong kong with i nice crack down the center of the windshield
Old 02-04-05, 09:12 PM
97SC300
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by FortuneSC
i painted my interior black and painted the seats red and left the backs of the seats off and painted the backs black and added some bride decals to the headrest for a little custom flavor, i painted what would be the wood trim silver and managed to paint all the dials on the navigation system as well as the screen, on the exterior i managed to paint the window trim and even the door locks, for a little custom flavor i stole the pipe from my integra ricer kit and custom fit it and stole the fmic from my tamiya r34 gt-r kit and it fit perfectly in place, i even added an hks decal to the fmic, i managed to get my www.t-and-e.co.jp decal to cover the front liscense plate holes pretty well, im trying to get some rims for the model now but i do not know where to look! ill get some pics posted soon, im waiting new windows because mines came shipped from hong kong with i nice crack down the center of the windshield
sounds sweet, cant wait to see the pics
Old 02-04-05, 10:45 PM
RobSoVIP
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by FortuneSC
im trying to get some rims for the model now but i do not know where to look! ill get some pics posted soon, im waiting new windows because mines came shipped from hong kong with i nice crack down the center of the windshield
www.hobbylinkjapan.com

search wheels and reap the benefits! lots of wheels for you.
Old 02-05-05, 12:30 AM
mteele
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

As soon as I get home for the summer I'll probably start one one of these, I used to do them all the time. But knowing me, I'll give in and buy one now I can see it now, staying in on a Friday ight working on my model instead of partying, lol.
Old 02-07-05, 08:37 PM
FortuneLS
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Well I finally finished my model. I lowered it and put some scale 18" VeilSide Andrew Racing F wheels on it that i took from my VeilSide s15 model, so now I have custom parts from 4 different model kits on my Soarer. I got some pics now I just have to shrink them down in size so I can post them! Someday my real car will be as custom as my model!!
Old 02-08-05, 08:41 PM
LexusPunk
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I cant find a SC300 only 400's and soarers. I know the 2.5 GT soarer is also known as the SC300, but I want Lexus badges. What has the SC300 guys purchased?