Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

hehe, looks perty :P
Old 01-27-05, 08:41 AM
Khaos
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by got_trd
So whats next?
Nothing big. I was thinking maybe a LS400 brake upgrade and painting my emblems (they are currently gold). This car will probably never see boost. If it took me this long to finally lower my car, it would take another 11.7 years before I would add any boost. Sorry fellas. Although, it would be nice....

Dx3 - Thanks.

96sc3 - I have a camber kit ready to be installed if necessary. I think the front camber will need to be corrected. I'm not sure about the back.

NAZTY97 - Thanks. I'll have to take a look at your SC sometime.

Pilip99 - That's a difficult question and almost impossible to describe in words. All I can say is that it's firmer, I can feel/hear more of the imperfections in the road and it handles great. It feels perfect on smooth roads. I like it, but others may or may not. Ride quality is in the butt of the beholder.

Matador - Thanks.
Old 01-27-05, 09:34 AM
RobSoVIP
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by NAZTY97
....good job... it seems when i'm driving around town, I'm the only lowered SC on the road,... so good to see another joining the fold! I've gotten so used to seeing mine lowered, that stock height SC's look funny to me....
same here- seems like all the lowered SC's in H-Town keep to their side of town. It was nice to see another one yesterday
Old 01-27-05, 01:33 PM
mikeloc24
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lookin' good playas! Next time pull the other SC out from behind the recycling bin and make 'em pose together! The more SC's the better!
Old 01-27-05, 02:16 PM
AllBoutDaZ
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

how much does that set up lower??
any camber issues??
nice looking car by the way
Old 01-27-05, 07:37 PM
RobSoVIP
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by AllBoutDaZ
any camber issues??
It looks LOW- but its not quite as low as my espelir set up- HOWEVER, the rake is more dramatic on this set up than the espelir- which I like...

I dont think he should have too many camber issues- I am lower than him and I dont have a camber kit- I dont have any "abnormal" tire wear YET- but Im not rolling on 18 or 19's YET (more to come soon).

Regardless, the car looks hot- it is the best 92 I have EVER seen
Old 01-27-05, 10:51 PM
NAZTY97
Lead Lap

Received 38 Likes on 20 Posts

same here- seems like all the lowered SC's in H-Town keep to their side of town. It was nice to see another one yesterday
no, that ain't it... normally, I'm in the RX300 when I'm "everywhere" around houston / galveston cuz I'm working. When I'm in the SC400,... it's normally club time, downtown, or some chick's crib,.. but I plan on rollin' out your way or for one of these lil' meets to show 'em how some real rolla's do it... Lex's kill most everything at those meets... rice to american wanna be rice....
Old 01-28-05, 07:59 AM
Khaos
Pole Position

any camber issues??
I took some measurements of the ride height before the car was dropped. I haven't taken any measurements after the drop. Thanks for reminding me to do that.
I'm getting new tires next week along with an alignment. I'll let you guys know how that goes. Oh, and my car thanks you for the compliment.

Mikeloc24 - Thanks. Yeah, we should have taken more pictures of our cars together, so that others could see the difference between the Eibach Supra TT drop and the Espiler drop.

sc400texas - Yeah, it's in pretty good shape for a 92. The previous owner was an old chiropractor who had the car detailed everytime the oil was changed and had all services done at the Lexus dealership in Wichita, Kansas (which is where the car and I grew up).
Old 01-28-05, 11:29 AM
Din
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

nice.

i wish my SC was lowered.
Old 02-24-05, 10:01 AM
Khaos
Pole Position

Arrow

any camber issues??
Sorry for the late response, I've been out of town....

How much lower?: I took some before/after measurements and was a little shocked to see how much the front was lowered. I'm not sure if the original suspension was royally messed up or what....but anyways....the front was lowered about 2.2 inches and the rear was lowered about 1.0 inch (the original rear suspension was sagging). (Note: Just because it lowered my car this much doesn't mean it will lower your car the same amount)

Camber issues?: YES. the camber was wayyyyy off. I could tell just by looking at the wheels. Luckily I just had the Daizen camber kit installed. It cost $140 to have the camber kit installed and $60 to have it aligned. Not bad, I guess? When I picked up the car from the alignment shop the guy was like "That car was way outta wack, then we installed the camber kit and were able to align it perfectly". Thanks Daizen!

Some other notes:
*The camber kit did make the ride a little stiffer.
*Before the camber kit was installed, the front tires didn't rub. Now they barely rub. I can't get a finger inbetween the tire and the fender. I'll have to trim that black plastic strip that is attached to the fender. I have 245/40/18 tires on +40 offset (I think).

Thanks for all the compliments. The car is currently having maintenance work done on it as I write this post.

-Brandon