SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Post interior pictures

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-05, 06:44 PM
ajhaley
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Post interior pictures

I am not sure if this is the right section, if not, excuse me in advance. I am looking for pictures of nice interiors in SC's. Seats, dashes, audio layouts.
Old 01-20-05, 07:54 PM
ki_soarer
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

good idea... i spent about 3 hours looking through the gallery the other day, but didnt finish.
Old 01-21-05, 05:28 AM
CleanSC
Pole Position

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Mine's classfied as interior so it should easily be located... Click for hi res.

Old 01-21-05, 08:06 AM
samsoup
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by CleanSC
Mine's classfied as interior so it should easily be located... Click for hi res.

WOW, I'm just drooling over this one...
CleanSC ... Just wondering... you have a '92.. but how come your interior looks like its brand new? Did you just clean it out good or did you change the interior somehow? - Lights... Steering wheel. ... how did you change those? At the dealer? (sorry if its a newbie question.. i am a newbie here anyway.
Old 01-21-05, 08:26 AM
sourcemine
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by samsoup
CleanSC ... Just wondering... you have a '92.. but how come your interior looks like its brand new? Did you just clean it out good or did you change the interior somehow? - Lights... Steering wheel. ... how did you change those? At the dealer? (sorry if its a newbie question.. i am a newbie here anyway.
You can always have your int. lights done by lextech a big sponsor here. The steering wheel is rare and from an RX, they run around $300 w/o an airbag, and airbags are $900 unless you find one cheaper, so good luck with that.
Old 01-21-05, 08:29 AM
samsoup
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by sourcemine
You can always have your int. lights done by lextech a big sponsor here. The steering wheel is rare and from an RX, they run around $300 w/o an airbag, and airbags are $900 unless you find one cheaper, so good luck with that.
Thanks~
Yeah, I was just over at the lextech site. I might be getting that done actually. Looks very nice.
RX300 ? or the RX330?
I'm guessing I have to get this done at the dealership?

One last question... noticed that his center console has an "outline" to his .... how was that done? replaced it with a different colour console?
Old 01-21-05, 08:33 AM
teke52
Driver

OLT probably did the lights, plenty of info about his store and what they can do to AC Units, Stock Head Units and Speedo Clusters and Needles...check the stickies in this forum and others.

But I too would like to know a lot more about the steering wheel, like did it just bolt up, what year and model car it came from, does cruise control still function...you get my drift...lol. Looks real sweat though...REAL SWEAT!!!!!!

Just looked again, to drool some more and I see you don't have the wood showing on your trim pieces anymore. What did you use to cover the wood trim...I'm curious.

Last edited by teke52; 01-21-05 at 08:38 AM.
Old 01-21-05, 08:37 AM
ACleanSC4
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

steering wheel is actually out of a newer Camry with an 99-00 Airbag I believe, the 01+ airbags are dual stage so that wouldn't work for our SC's...

The trim around the radio is just painted on, gunmetal is Jose's theme...that would answer your steering wheel question about the wood...

One of my favorite interiors

here's mine...I'll snap another with my steering wheel and cluster in it later...
yes i know...my mats are dirty as hell..

Here's a night shot with the "32" cluster by LLS and also their A/C unit:

Last edited by ACleanSC4; 01-21-05 at 08:51 AM.
Old 01-21-05, 08:41 AM
CleanSC
Pole Position

Originally Posted by samsoup
LOL actually the entire car is in that shape. I'm **** like that.

As for the looks, most parts are new, added or replaced. Steering wheel and airbag are new, wood was refinished to gunmetal as was the center console. AC unit and radio are from a 97 and I retroed cold cathodes and blue leds into the AC unit and LEDs in the stereo. Cluster by LLS. Custom black leather shift boot and ebrake boot with silver stitching match the shift ****. Black and chrome ties the shift **** and ebrake to the steering wheel.

Carpet from a '99 SC, new leather seats, new door panels, new floor mats.

All work was done by myself minus the cluster done by LLS. I only installed it. I've never been to the dealer for service and I never will. They don't do anything I can't do myself or elsewhere except overcharge.

It's not cheap or easy, but the right touches make for a nice result. The goal here is for the car to pass as brand new mint condition and it does.

It's a Lexus, it deserves nothing less.
Old 01-21-05, 08:48 AM
CleanSC
Pole Position

Originally Posted by teke52
But I too would like to know a lot more about the steering wheel, like did it just bolt up, what year and model car it came from, does cruise control still function...you get my drift...lol. Looks real sweat though...REAL SWEAT!!!!!!

Just looked again, to drool some more and I see you don't have the wood showing on your trim pieces anymore. What did you use to cover the wood trim...I'm curious.
Steering wheel is from a Camry SE current gen. Yes it bolted up, like any other Toyota/Lexus wheel would. You could use any post '01Lexus wheel, too if you want the wood. I am pondering picking up a black/wood wheel and going gunmetal on the wood portion. More classy but I like the sport look I have now. Cruise still works as I adapted the stock guts over to the new wheel.

Wood trim is painted, yes. Tony is right and yes you need a single-stage chrome emblem airbag which was available only on the '01 RX300.
Old 01-21-05, 09:02 AM
teke52
Driver

Thanks for the info guys...I gotta start looking for a steering wheel now, my current wheel still looks OK but it is starting to show it's age...lol

ACleanSC4 Your setup is Hot too! Love the center console!!!

Thanks again guys! Hopefully we'll see some more hot interior setups in this thread.

Drive on!!!
Old 01-21-05, 10:19 AM
abboushi
Lexus Test Driver

heres was my basic interior, just 2 tone seats and other stuff
Old 01-21-05, 10:35 AM
LexusPunk
Pole Position

Originally Posted by CleanSC

Hey, does your seat heaters work. I thought the 92 SC300s did not have heated seats until 93?
Atleast mine doesnt.
Old 01-21-05, 10:37 AM
CleanSC
Pole Position

Originally Posted by LexusPunk
Hey, does your seat heaters work. I thought the 92 SC300s did not have heated seats until 93?
Atleast mine doesnt.
Yep used 'em just this morning. They work very well.
Old 01-21-05, 11:35 AM
wmulli
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Wood grain dash kit

Here's mine. It's listed in the gallery as "Dash Kit"
Dash Kit
I've got a wood grain wheel from a Camry, just waitin' on the Airbag When it comes, I'm planning to send the stock wheel out to Leatherstitches for the woodgrain treatment and then add the Soarer airbag sitting in my garage

Quick Reply: Post interior pictures