SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Soarer drift video

Old 01-11-05, 03:48 PM
verylost
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SliderSC
Very nice video, why cant we have a nice drift track like that here in US. There is a drift event coming up here in VA on saturday, i am participating in it, ill tell my friends to get a video of me.
There's a big event every summer at Summit Point. Team Lexus has brought there car out every year so far. It's a fun event. It's called Hyperfest I believe.

Here's a video from last year.
http://www.teamlexus.com/movies/Jerry_mcgovern_sp.mpeg
Old 01-11-05, 03:59 PM
Baby ///M3
Lexus Champion

Received 21 Likes on 13 Posts

Nice video.

I like the color on that Soarer as well.

Jon
Old 01-12-05, 06:15 AM
MongolKhan
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by verylost
There's a big event every summer at Summit Point. Team Lexus has brought there car out every year so far. It's a fun event. It's called Hyperfest I believe.

I heard about Hyperfest events, is it summer yet?

You Cali guys lucky, everything is handed to you, my friend told me that Buttonwillow is a great track, maybe i should move to Cali.

Great videos, keep them coming.
Old 01-12-05, 08:46 AM
SPORTcoupe
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SliderSC
You Cali guys lucky, everything is handed to you
Lucky my ***. Sure we have some decent tracks here and the weather's not bad, but then again, you guys don't have SMOG ***** telling you that your modified intake is killing the planet.
California is a ****ty place for modified cars.
Old 01-12-05, 09:11 AM
THE_CEO
Pole Position

Received 46 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by indelible
hope its good...slow download -_-

Slow? im getting just under 200k a sec?

CEO
Old 01-13-05, 02:54 AM
bean_8044
Rookie

Originally Posted by verylost

I hate to dig up an old thread, and i really hate being a hater, but im pissed. That guy is sponsored by Lexus? I kept watching it waiting for him to get better and stop making the same mistakes at the same places. Maybe im just bitter from hearing all of the people cheering when he would have gotten kicked off the track after the first round here. Meh...america, gotta love it.
Old 01-13-05, 07:09 AM
MongolKhan
Lexus Test Driver

I am going to give a call to Lexus and this is probably what i will get
Old 01-13-05, 10:14 AM
SPORTcoupe
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by bean_8044
making the same mistakes at the same places.

No matter how hard he tried to make a spinout look nice, a spinout is still just that.
Someone get this guy a 4-wheel drive; he has yet to figure out how rear-wheel drives work.
As for Lexus sponsorship....

~Alan
Old 01-13-05, 07:25 PM
MongolKhan
Lexus Test Driver

In video, both rear tires are smoking, it does have 2 way or 1.5 way LSD.
Old 01-15-05, 12:10 PM
PJ
Lead Lap

I hate to dig up an old thread, and i really hate being a hater, but im pissed. That guy is sponsored by Lexus? I kept watching it waiting for him to get better and stop making the same mistakes at the same places. Maybe im just bitter from hearing all of the people cheering when he would have gotten kicked off the track after the first round here. Meh...america, gotta love it.
Goldsborogh is the Team Lexus driver. Jerry McGovern (in video) was driving the car at that Hyperfest at SP. Jerry is an excellent drifter. He usually drives his S13 in events, but was asked by Team Lexus to drive the IS. Personally i think he did very well for limited to no practice time.
Old 01-15-05, 03:18 PM
verylost
Lexus Test Driver

That Team Lexus car was not build to drift . Team Lexus brings their car out for the fans and for fun.
I was there the first year when Team Lexus decided to try it out . No matter what they did, they had the hardest time getting the rear end to break lose. Even though they borrowed someones crappy street tires, they still couldn't get the rear end to come lose. To me, this says alot about the engineering and stability of the car if the driver can't even purposely get it to slide.

It's really hard to tell from the video, but the car is amazing in person. It is stripped down to the the bare essentials. It has nothing remotely related to the stock suspension. And on such a small course where the car can't really get up to speed, it's like asking a F1 car to drift.
Old 01-15-05, 03:58 PM
bean_8044
Rookie

Honestly it seems like inexperience. The car had plenty of power and he could get it to drift, he just didnt have the confidence to keep it in. Im really surprised that they couldnt adjust the suspension any to help out
Old 01-15-05, 09:06 PM
PJ
Lead Lap

Honestly it seems like inexperience. The car had plenty of power and he could get it to drift, he just didnt have the confidence to keep it in. Im really surprised that they couldnt adjust the suspension any to help out

Jerry came in 3rd place at the Washington DC Falken Drift showoff this summer out of 40 drivers. It was his first time driving it. I wish i could find a place to host this vid of the event...... then u can see how he does in his own car. And yes, the Team Lexus is300 is setup to grip, not drift...
Old 01-15-05, 09:15 PM
verylost
Lexus Test Driver

I think you are under the impression tha Team Lexus is funded to drift. They aren't. They are funded to race in the Grand Am series. They don't really make an effort to prep the car for drifting. I remember during the first year of Hyperfest they showed up with the car race ready (slicks and w/ weights from the Grand Am races).

Team Lexus shows up every year for fun. The show sponsors love it because it gives them some legitimacy with some corporate support. The fans love it because they get to see a full blown race car. The team loves it because it's something different.

Also, the car is driven very conservatively. It's not like the team has the luxury to throw the car into the corners at high speeds and risk a crash. Lexus funds the team to race, not drift.
Old 01-15-05, 09:47 PM
newyorksc
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

Check out these supra drifts, they're nuts.
http://media.car-videos.com/videos/t...pra_short.mpeg

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Soarer drift video