SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

SC430 - Now down to 5 a month in NY??

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-01, 01:53 PM
csued

Angry

Hi Guys,

Its me again. Sorry to be a complainer, but I know I am getting shafted. Like I said before I already own a RX-300 and a SC-300 (both bought from this NY Lexus DealeR) and I signed up for the SC-430 back in October of 2000 Can you believe that I still dont have it!!

The NY Lexus dealer now tells me he only got in 5 cars last month and it could be a while before I get mine (I am #17 on the owner retention list and they only sold 9 cars so far). I know for a fact that they are selling cars over list to people who are not on the list and making us suckers who will not pay more than list wait until we go nuts. 2 freinds of mine paid $1200 month for a lease on the SC430 (instead of $975) and are driving the car (one that was never offered to me. On top of that they only called it in a month ago. I remember bragging to them that I was so smart to reserve a spot on the list so long ago. Now they are laughing. I also heard that the dealer is installing a lot of user options like car phones, low jacks and a parking locater to add in extra charges in the options.

I called up Lexus customer service and they basically said, we cant regulate our dealers on how to sell. I even went as far as the district manager and the sales manager of the NY dealership and all I got was BS.

At this point I feel that I have no other place to go except first to you guys and then to the media. Maybe channel 9 "9 on you side" can do a story about them?

Is there anything else I can do to make sure I dont get screwed in the middle of May when the next shipment comes in??

Thanks Again Guys,

Charles
Old 04-22-01, 02:03 PM
Francis K
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Well I'm sure they want your money...

So just threaten to go to another dealer, Meade Lexus of Southfiled out here has a bunch of them laying around and a few on display. If worse comes to worse just go to another dealer, they are all in the busness to make money and you have what they are in the busness to make, so............

P.S. If your into the whole e-bay thing go check that out, there's a bunch of them out on e-bay
Old 04-22-01, 02:52 PM
exsilio

I'm with Francis, take your business elsewhere. I was sure to hedge my bets. I emailed over 30 dealerships, and left 11 deposits with dealerships that met MY criteria. Which was to pay only MSRP, no 'add-ons', and no rediculous deposits like $2k or 5k. Please, are they going to reimburse me for interest lost on that insane amount?

The point is, as the consumer, you do have options. I do know tha Lexus frowns on dealerships marking up the vehicles, so the dealers try to mask this my adding extras and charging insane prices for the. Don't let your friends bad financial sense blur your vision. Pay MSRP, and laugh at them as you realized you are paying $12k less over the term of a 3 year lease.

My 2 cents.
Old 04-22-01, 09:56 PM
csued

exsilio,

Where is the best place to find the email addresses of the lexus dealers in NY, NJ, CT and close by areas?? I would love to do the same as you.

Thanks,

charles
charles@upstairsrecords.com
Old 04-22-01, 11:49 PM
1niceride
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

csued - just go to lexus.com and use the dealer locator feature they have on there website.
Old 04-23-01, 09:16 AM
exsilio

Default lexus web site is great

Be sure to click on the "Elite Dealers" button. This is a good place to start, as these dealers typically are the creme de la creme of Lexus dealers in your area. And if there aren't enough to pick from just go into the regular dealership listing.

Good luck buddy!