SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

I'm due on Monday, I can't stand the wait!

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-01, 05:26 PM
exsilio

Talking

I just finished the paperwork today. I should be picking up next Monday. Gonna be a torturous week.
Old 04-16-01, 07:22 PM
RealMarty
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Possible Remedy

Congratulations!! In just a week you'll be grinning big time. What are you getting? I also signed today and my GS430 is due from Japan in 3-4 months. It's going to be a long wait. I envy you.

Anyhow, think how good you're going to feel on the 23rd.

In the meantime I suggest long cold showers and large doses of recreational substances.
Old 04-16-01, 09:55 PM
exsilio

Post some things left to do...

I am getting Silver on Black. I have not seen this color combo yet, other than in the brochure I have. I have seen silver on ecru in the dealership but that's it. And I haven't seen Silver on the road. However on the road I have seen Black on Black, Egyptian Sand Pear on Saddle, and Blue on Ecru...funny thing is, they are ALL from people that work at the same company...what are the chances of that..never seen one on the road just at work.

Now I need to try and figure out what rims to go with to replace the stock. The just don't do it for me. Plus if you tap on the center of the rim, it's plastic. The rims are alloy, but they take a piece of plastic with the Lexus logo and bolt it to the rims...plus it kind of looks like a hub cap. Only thing I don't like about the car.

And I need to get it tinted. Black interior will be muy caliente! Need all the sun blockage I can get.

I will try the cold showers, but I don't think it will help, I am pretty jazzed about the car.

Congrats on the gs430, be sure to post some pics when it comes in. Why the long wait?

- ex
Old 04-17-01, 05:56 AM
RealMarty
Lexus Test Driver

I saw the silver/ecru at the dealer yesterday. A bit small for me, but sweet nonetheless. I'm not big on the black interior because of the heat and the maintenance, but I do acknowledge that it looks great. If I were not in Atlanta I would have chosen the black interior to go with my silver exterior also.

I'm facing the long wait because I had to order the car from Japan. I want the leather steering wheel and all of the GS430s that come into the Southeast have the wood/leather combo as a standard option. Tried to have Lexus do a wheel swap but they wouldn't do it...so I'll wait. Not a big hardship since I'm driving a 98 GS400 that's coming off lease.

But, back to you. You get to enjoy the anticipation of a major goodie next week. I hope it meets your expectations
Old 04-18-01, 09:22 AM
moffex

Smile pretty cool

What company do you work for exsilio?
Old 04-18-01, 09:53 AM
exsilio

Default can't say...

...or to be more accurate, I would rather not say. Might reflect poorly in some peoples opinions. And perception is everything. I am sure you understand.

Real Marty
I can understand about the steering wheel. I don't know if I like the idea of a Wood and Leather steering wheel. But I guess, I will find out soon enough. Just doesn't seem sporty to me. Please post some pics when it comes in. What's the color combo?

Yes I am in great anticipation of the sc430. Can't wait. It will be a serious upgrade from my current vehicle. A 99 Honda Accord V6 Coupe. Don't get me wrong, it's a beautiful car that has treated me well...but the sc430 makes grown men cry. At least me that is.
Old 04-18-01, 12:17 PM
RealMarty
Lexus Test Driver

Smile

exsilio,

Going from a Honda Accord to an SC430 is not a "serious upgrade". It's a leap into hyperspace. Whatever you're doing keep it up. Were I you they'd have to surgically remove the smile from my face when I took delivery.

I'm getting Millenium Silver/Gray. The leather wheel is going to look like the one on the GS300 (with radio controls and without the e-shift buttons). I haven't got a digital camera so pics may be a problem unless I can borrow one.

Keep us posted when you pick the car up on Monday.
Old 04-18-01, 02:23 PM
Paul Hawker

Talking can't wait

Enjoy your new ride. V-8 and 5 speed transmission is a marriage made in heaven. Wood steering wheel feels fantastic with bare hands, however driving with a ring on feels terrible. Afraid to scratch the wheel all the time. Run flats are a dissapointment, as ride is harsher and they hunt on rain grooves. Handling is better than it feels. While the soft ride makes you concerned about going fast around corners, I am constantly supprised how wonderfully it handles. Congrats on you new SC4.3. PS Get ready to really be impressed by the stereo. You will wonder where they are hiding the orchestra.
Old 04-19-01, 05:46 AM
RealMarty
Lexus Test Driver

1SICKLEX,

I'm absolutely planning to be there. I'm looking forward to meeting the rest of the Atlanta folks and seeing in person the rides I've been seeing in pictures.

Last I looked on the meeting area it was set for Sunday the 29th at 1 pm at Dave and Busters on Steve Reynolds. Right?