SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Momo Hand Brake Handle

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-04, 11:15 AM
Anthracite SC
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The wheel requires an adaptor

The momo steering wheels require a toyota supra hub to fit.
Keep that in mind if you want that as well
Old 06-15-04, 11:18 AM
neagan
Rookie

Default Anthracite/painting....

For color changing something like this, you usually are dealing with a real glossy surface. If you take Scotch Brite (available at any auto body type store) and buff the part you want to paint, you can then usually use a spay can paint made for plastic. HOWEVER'; what you've got is now a surface that you are going to be continually handling and most paint will rub off with regular cleaning and use. The only way to get it to really work is to use one of the special primers (also available in a can) for plastics (usually you have to get the rattle can at an auto body store), and then clear top coat it with maybe three coats of clear. You can scotch Brite it before the final clear coat if you want to have a smoother surface. This is what works for me usually. Nitro

I think I could live with the shorter leather boot. What could be done is to tuck in a piece of chrome or add an extra leather strip that dovetails into the bottom of the boot. I'm going down this afternoon to see about ordering a set.

I'd love to see a good photo of how that MOMO sill plate dremeled in.... If it can be done neatly, those MOMO parts really add to the elegance of a car like this without it turning Honda Civic on us...
Old 06-15-04, 02:39 PM
neagan
Rookie

Cool Just Ordered the Ebrake set...

I went down to my local Santa Rosa, Ca R&B store (that's rice-bling) and ordered the E-brake set up.
the Momo wood trim handle= $89, Boot= $55, Adapter= $8. That would be $152 just to stroke my ego. Might as well throw on Momo's Grand Prix pedal set and figure out how to graft in some Momo door sills for that Lexus Factory R&B look. Nitro

After the stuff gets in I'll figure out how to graft on a lower edge cover for the leather boot....
Old 06-16-04, 11:31 AM
Anthracite SC
Lexus Test Driver

Default Hmmm

I actually didn't PAY for my momo accessories. I had a few sets of HID kits laying around and giving all the laws right now..they were in demand. I basically traded them IN...for more items. It was like a true shopping spree =) I just had to use the money spent previously. 1 set of catz HIDs netted me the steering wheel, ebrake and two metal floormats.

Last edited by Anthracite SC; 06-16-04 at 11:32 AM.
Old 06-16-04, 02:22 PM
neagan
Rookie

Default Momo floor matz

I keep eying the floor mats..... Usually I need to see how a set fits compared to stock issue. What do you think? Can you give a scale of 1-10, (2-3 being Pep Boy/Kragen fit)??

It would be nice to have a "Details" Forum, where stuff like this could be easily accessed. Maybe we could get Momo to donate items for a fitment photo shoot! Nitro
Old 06-16-04, 02:33 PM
Anthracite SC
Lexus Test Driver

Default Hmmm

If you're in Norcal..I would just show you how they fit in my car. They are about an 8 in terms of fitment. Not exact..but no complaints here =)
Old 06-16-04, 03:42 PM
neagan
Rookie

Default Nor Cal Show....

Are yours with the diagonal metal piece or one of the ones with the big metal squares?
I'm thinking of skipping Marriage Counciling for (or was that the shock treatment scheduled day) the day of the Sacramento/Folsom get together later this month. Although that's a Sear's Point NASCAR raceday, it's better to just get visuals of what exactly people are doingwith their rides. From other posts around the board it seems most people show up with their IS 300's, where I'd rather get some deeper looks at the SC's. My wife has the is300 and the seats are not all that comfortable for long trips so I'll take my SC400. One good visual is worth a HELLA' LOT of mistakes.... Nitro

thanks for all the info. Hopefully my Momo stuff will be here and in before the Nor Cal meet.
Old 06-16-04, 04:08 PM
Anthracite SC
Lexus Test Driver

Default yup

I have the big metal square PLUS the little metal strip on the side.

Don't think I'm going to the next meet but will find a way
Old 06-17-04, 07:48 AM
cgbaby
Driver School Candidate

Thanks to wmulli and anthracite sc for guidance on this upgrade. Here's mine, just finished it yesterday. You'll also see the door sill I was talking about. Sorry about the picture. I had so high of resolution so I had to scale it down.
Attached Thumbnails Momo Hand Brake Handle-door-sill.jpg  
Old 06-17-04, 09:36 AM
Anthracite SC
Lexus Test Driver

Default Hey

nice wood steering wheeL!
Old 06-17-04, 10:59 AM
neagan
Rookie

Default momo sills / cgbaby

Excellent photo! It really helps to get a visual.

When you did the MOMO door sills, you said you needed to graft/dremel them in. I am hoping that you can provide a 'closer-upper' of where you made your cuts. Your pedal kit also looks great. Nitro
Old 06-17-04, 11:46 AM
cgbaby
Driver School Candidate

neagan,

I used the packaging that came with momo door sills and used that as a template. Dremel out about 1/16" so that it sits flush with the original plastic sill. The momo sill came with a 3m tape for mounting, but I also used silicone to make sure it's smooth on the bottom. Took about 3 hours total, but well worth it.
Old 06-17-04, 04:46 PM
wmulli
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks Beautiful! Nice job on the sills and everything. Now you've got me lusting after a wooden steering wheel again
Old 06-21-04, 05:25 AM
Driver

Where can I pickup one of those wooden wheels, and do they need a hub to fit? I want to keep my airbag also if possible...
Old 09-09-14, 11:11 AM
J_Atreides
Driver

Bought it long time ago but finally installed my Momo Pit stop Air-metal handle today. Cut the OEM one off since it's quite beat up and I don't plan to reuse it. Now looking to get a theme matching Nardi or Momo wheel.