SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

can there be a seperate sc430 forum?

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-01, 08:41 PM
exsilio

Lightbulb

Not that the 400 sucks...but I think the 430 is in a class by itself and deserved of its own forum. Plus I hate having to sift through all the mods posts and other things completely unrelated to the 430...

What do you think Admin Mkilty?

And sorry I missed the chat...wanted to be there...but got busy.

Old 04-02-01, 09:27 PM
mkilty
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry but the model is still a SC. Thanks for the suggestion though.
Old 04-03-01, 05:24 PM
Toan Nguyen
Pole Position

Thumbs up I think SC owners are crazy posters...

Hehehe... I think It's because SC owners are crazy addicted posting people... Out of all the forums availiable, the SC series of car almost always has the most number of posts. Propably because it's at the end of it's model cycle and that they look sweet so young people (like me) can afford one. Also SCowners tend to love their car more than most.

Cheers,

Toan.
Old 04-03-01, 10:28 PM
Anthracite SC
Lexus Test Driver

Default No more separatism

Sorry Exilio....

The SC430 is nice..but not that nice.
It's and SC like the rest..and if you're tired of the mods posts..then what can I say?
Maybe this ain't the right forum?

Old 04-03-01, 11:12 PM
exsilio

Default sorry dudes...

Sorry, I didn't mean to offend. But I think you will agree with Toan's post that this particular forum is more of a haven for modding 400's and 300's. And that's cool.

I was just thinking it would be nice to have a separate forum for the 430 becuase it is dramatically different than the previous SC's.

But who knows, one day I may actually lower my 430, put clears all around, and get a big exhaust pipe put on to wake the dead...but probably not.
Old 04-03-01, 11:16 PM
Anthracite SC
Lexus Test Driver

Default No prob

No offense taken. I love the SC430's engine and interior than the next guy. I'm kind of torn about the extrior..but like the GS did..I think it will grow on me.

how much are the SC430's going for out the door?
Old 04-04-01, 12:42 AM
exsilio

Since they all come loaded with the only options available for the 430 (navi,spoiler,run flats) you shouldn't see one for more than $61,911.

I'm sure you know Lexus frowns on dealerships going over MSRP. But that hasn't stopped some dealers in L.A. fleecing people for an extra $5-8k.

Old 04-06-01, 02:15 PM
ToyotaFan

Cool I'm with exsilio...for SC430 owners especially...(more)

I am only interested in the SC430. While it is an SC, it is also very different because it's a convertible. That alone makes it appeal to a very different audience than the other Lexus models. As I look around, perhaps I'll see that folks make note of the model in their subject line. If not, that might be a suggestion for future postings.
I don't own the SC430 yet. We tried to get some details about it last fall. The local dealers knew nothing except to "guess" that the price would be betwen $60 and $70K. Turns out that was correct, but the info came too late for us. We took delivery of an SLK320 last week. So, why am I still interested in the SC430? You never know when we'll decide that one convertible is not enough. :-)
We like the bigger size of the SC430. We LOVE the reliability of Toyota's and their more grown up siblings with the Lexus badge. So, if you SC430 owners have details on roominess for rear passengers, ride comfort, trunk space with top both up and down, as well as any other things that you all feel are worth posting, I'll be very glad to read your comments and opinions.
Thanks in advance.
Old 04-06-01, 02:55 PM
exsilio

Default some details I know

I haven't taken a ride yet. Dealers will only let you drive if your on the "short" list, and if they have a demo available.

But I have tested the rest. Back seat for people...no way. Not even kids. Perhaps you can stuff someone back there you don't like or maybe a contortionist. But other than that...the rear "seating" is for cargo. Groceries, gold clubs, shopping bags, things like that. The back seats are basically at a 90 degree angle.

There is a little bit of trunk space with the top up, but not much, and it's not as if you would want to stick something back there which would restrict the top from lowering. However, with the top down there are basically two configurations...with the spare tire, or empty if you opted for the run-flats, which all the 430's I have seen come with. With the space open it's about 2.25 feet wide and about 10" wide, and 12" deep. Not a whole lot of space.

The Mark Levinson audio system is truly breathtaking. Here is a pro review:
http://www.audiorevolution.com/equip/lexus/index.html

My order is in, and I'm just waiting now...will probably be a few more months. A friend recommended the SLK320 to me...but I can't see myself driving a Benz. And I have to say when I saw the 430 in person, I literally fell in love. I haven't lusted after a car like this ever. Sexy lines, refined cockpit, awesome audio system, and a hard top convertible to boot. Sign me up.

Hope any of this helps.

Old 04-06-01, 03:44 PM
FastSC300

What would all the SC430 posters say anyways......

"what did you pay"
"I payed 65K, you"
"I payed 80k, wow you got a deal!"

"I got the convertible"
"wow me too, what options"
"all of them"
"wow, me too!"

Here's the funny part......1 month later, you would see posts like this!

"I need more more power for my SC430, any ideas?"

"any wheels that look good on the SC430?"

"Any lowering springs for my SC430?"

"I heard there's a supercharger for my SC430!"

"Any mods that won't void my warranty?"

"Drag raced my SC430!"

"NOS on my SC430??"

or **** like this......

"how do I change my oil"

"what plugs do I need"

"how do I change the plugs"

"aahh, I here a squeak!!"

No disrespect, but you can post to the post that you want and are interested in.....besides there will be more SC430 owners posting here as time comes, so you get to know them and see when they post, obviously.

Just my 2 cents
Scot Hail

Old 04-07-01, 03:36 AM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default SC430-Trials and Tribulations...

Damn Scott, you broke that **** down!

I also think the LX and the ES Forums can be consolidated...nothing much happens there!

Though I understand how different the SC430 is from the previous SC400/300, I completely agree with Scott...I don't think enough people will own one or have enough to talk about to dedicate an entire forum too...just make sure you put "SC430" in the header of the thread, that way, people know it's related to the SC430...

So, how much did you get your SC430 for...and what options?