looking for some 99-00 headlights

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-07, 08:21 PM
Shonuff
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default looking for some 99-00 headlights

Anyone have any stock 99-00 headlights that they want to sell or donate?? want to try some things out on an old/cheap pair.

I have neglected my poor rx for far too long and am trying to clean her back up and do some more crazy things with her (please look at some of my old posts)

thanks
Old 05-19-07, 12:49 PM
Meetya
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have original headlights from my '99 RX300. I can give it to you for $30 (for pair) plus shipping. If you are near DFW, you can pick them up. I also have taillights. You can call me at 214.289.8515.
Old 05-19-07, 02:44 PM
Shonuff
Pole Position

Meetya,

Thanks for the offer, I might be in Dallas next weekend......I'll have to take you up on that.

I'm down here in Corpus Christi so it's a bit of a drive, but like I said we might be up that way in a week or two.

Did you replace your light with newer ones??
Old 05-19-07, 03:32 PM
Meetya
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Shonuff
Meetya,

Thanks for the offer, I might be in Dallas next weekend......I'll have to take you up on that.

I'm down here in Corpus Christi so it's a bit of a drive, but like I said we might be up that way in a week or two.

Did you replace your light with newer ones??
I replaced headlights in Feb of this year. They are still OK, but they don't look new. What are you gonna do with yours? Heat it in the oven, disassemble them and then then put angel eyes in it? Well, I am going to do the same with mine (the new ones) this weekend -- I am still waiting on blue LEDs to arrive in mail.
Anyway, these headlights are on my RX '99. You can call me anytime or email:
strygin at gmail D0T COM.
I really want to go to St. Padre Island this summer. Do you think it is safe to drive on the beach all of the way to the Mexican border? :-)
Old 05-19-07, 06:55 PM
Shonuff
Pole Position

angel eyes would be part of the project..........painting the reflectors and a few other things I want try out. got any pics of yuor rx? what else have you done with it? i'm doing a bit of an overhaul on mine.

I know from corpus christi you can only drive down to port mansfield wich is probably close to 100 miles of beach driving.............hope you have an awd and a friend in another vehichle just in case.

south padre is closed to traffic on the beach so you won't be able to drive to mexico that route.
Old 05-19-07, 07:02 PM
bloo1987
Lead Lap

i did that the first time with my headlights, take it apart and put angel eyes in it. but it looked horrible when i sealed it back up. so i bought built in angel eyes headlamps.
Old 05-19-07, 07:20 PM
Shonuff
Pole Position

bloo what happened to them?? how did they get messed up?
Old 05-19-07, 07:25 PM
Meetya
Pole Position

angel eyes would be part of the project..........painting the reflectors and a few other things I want try out. got any pics of yuor rx? what else have you done with it? i'm doing a bit of an overhaul on mine.

I know from corpus christi you can only drive down to port mansfield wich is probably close to 100 miles of beach driving.............hope you have an awd and a friend in another vehichle just in case.

south padre is closed to traffic on the beach so you won't be able to drive to mexico that route.
The biggest project I did was to replace all the leather with custom kit. Now I have perforated two-tone seats! Also I was the only person I know to replace knock sensors on RX -- I made lots of photos and am gonna post DIY soon. I just figured how to add auxiliary input (such as iPod) to the stereo without cutting a single wire. This is not simple since it requires soldering 30AWD wires to 3 pins of dolby/tape controller chip inside of radio module. I will post a DIY on it as well, although I am pretty sure most of people who would like to replicate this mod should seek help from local electronics shop I did a lot of other stuff such as installing full wood trim, custom tail lights (that is why I have extra from original '99 RX).
What else? Yeah, if you have '99 RX you probably notice worn area on the bottom of that blue climate-control screen -- where the buttons are. Specially the [left] first and the second buttons. You need to see how I restored mine!
I will make photos as soon as I finish with the exterior. First I want to paint the hood! On my own! With a good paint gun! In the garage! :-)
I have AWD, btw, I also replaced valve body in the transmission on my own. I remember in 2002 we were able to drive 5 miles south of the last sign saying "All Wheel Drive Vehicles Only" on St. Padre. Yeah, until we got stuck... ...driving a minivan (Dodge Caravan) :-)
Old 05-19-07, 07:46 PM
bloo1987
Lead Lap

bloo what happened to them?? how did they get messed up?
the angel eyes looks fine. its just when you have to seal it back up. it is a mess and PITA to do. they're laying in my basement some where if i find them ill take a pic and show you, but the built in one are a cleaner look.
Old 05-19-07, 08:44 PM
LiqrSicc
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bloo1987
the angel eyes looks fine. its just when you have to seal it back up. it is a mess and PITA to do. they're laying in my basement some where if i find them ill take a pic and show you, but the built in one are a cleaner look.
Bloo looks like you bought the chrome lamps. Is it straight chrome or is does it have a green tint like the 01-03s have? After I told my self never again, I am going to bake open my headlights tomorrow to remove moisture due to my halo install I have a feeling itll be messier than the 1st time. In case is does I might just buy new ones on ebay.
Old 05-19-07, 08:50 PM
bloo1987
Lead Lap

i didnt really look at that. the inside how the 99 and below have that black part is chromed.

Old 05-19-07, 09:33 PM
Shonuff
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Meetya
The biggest project I did was to replace all the leather with custom kit. Now I have perforated two-tone seats! Also I was the only person I know to replace knock sensors on RX -- I made lots of photos and am gonna post DIY soon. I just figured how to add auxiliary input (such as iPod) to the stereo without cutting a single wire. This is not simple since it requires soldering 30AWD wires to 3 pins of dolby/tape controller chip inside of radio module. I will post a DIY on it as well, although I am pretty sure most of people who would like to replicate this mod should seek help from local electronics shop I did a lot of other stuff such as installing full wood trim, custom tail lights (that is why I have extra from original '99 RX).
What else? Yeah, if you have '99 RX you probably notice worn area on the bottom of that blue climate-control screen -- where the buttons are. Specially the [left] first and the second buttons. You need to see how I restored mine!
I will make photos as soon as I finish with the exterior. First I want to paint the hood! On my own! With a good paint gun! In the garage! :-)
I have AWD, btw, I also replaced valve body in the transmission on my own. I remember in 2002 we were able to drive 5 miles south of the last sign saying "All Wheel Drive Vehicles Only" on St. Padre. Yeah, until we got stuck... ...driving a minivan (Dodge Caravan) :-)

Yeah I'd really like to see how you fixed the worn climate controls. I'm in the process of changing out my leather too.......got a perforated leather kit for the front and rear seats. started on the driver seat and only managed to get the top half done......took an hour and a half, pain in the ***. any tips on how you did yours? gonna tackle the rest tomorrow.

you've done a lot of work on your rx........good stuff man. good luck on the hood painting, i leave the big areas to the pros, too easy to get debris in the paint.

I made it a lot further down past that sign, the rx awd handles pretty good in that powder sand. port mansfield is probably another 30 - 40 miles away from that sign. that area is actually considered north padre....after port mansfield it is south padre.

post some pictures up..........would love to see your ride. i'm going to put some up soon. got ne w rims, tires, struts, rotors, grille, leather kit, de-badged, removed the pc and 10.4" screen, generally de-blinging it and cleaning her up............lol
Old 05-19-07, 09:34 PM
Shonuff
Pole Position

Originally Posted by bloo1987
i didnt really look at that. the inside how the 99 and below have that black part is chromed.

bloo that looks real clean. did you change out your wheels and tires too? the eye brows have a nice fit to them...........looks good.

i read your other post on how to make it more flashy and you don't want to change your rims. maybe look into changing the bumper lights to clear and putting led bulbs in them as well as the liscence plate lights, get a monotone paint job (paint the dark grey to match the color of the top).

Last edited by Shonuff; 05-19-07 at 09:56 PM.
Old 05-19-07, 09:40 PM
sgv_bum
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i also need headlights too... lol i need it for my ls430 projector ..
Old 05-20-07, 01:57 PM
bloo1987
Lead Lap

bloo that looks real clean. did you change out your wheels and tires too? the eye brows have a nice fit to them...........looks good.

i read your other post on how to make it more flashy and you don't want to change your rims. maybe look into changing the bumper lights to clear and putting led bulbs in them as well as the liscence plate lights, get a monotone paint job (paint the dark grey to match the color of the top).
thanks. no i dont have wheels or rims on it. i did change all my interior bulbs to LED and the license plate light as well. the clear side markers i didnt mess with yet. i dont think i will. i find it matches the turn signals. i was thinking about the monotone before but that cost $$$$$$$$$$$.

Quick Reply: looking for some 99-00 headlights