RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models
View Poll Results: mod your RX
not my cup of tea
28.37%
want to be different from other
42.79%
might think about if the price is right
33.02%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 215. You may not vote on this poll

modding your rx

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-09, 01:25 PM
mowmow
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Leo, I don't think you can, isn't the climate control screen is up there ? It doesn't really matter where the Nav is located it's still going to be distracting to look while driving, I remember when i had my first Eclipse AVN 2454 nav, I was paying too much attention to the Nav instead of the road, I almost rear ended someone. As far as aftermarket nav goes. I know pioneer can pipe out their video feed to rear view mirror with screen so it's not so bad ( this is in additional to headrest monitors ) I can't say for other brands because I haven't used them before. I'm about to upload some pictures I can show you what I have
Old 04-05-09, 01:42 PM
mowmow
Lead Lap

Frank so here are the pictures of my system in parts now

System Overview

Savv auto dimm mirror with 5" LCD screen

4 channel Eclipse Amp

Competition grade class D mono block 1 ohm stable Eclipse amp

MB Quarts Premium cross over for component speakers/ Monster power digital Capacitor 1 Farad

MB Quarts Premium Speakers 6.5" and 5 1/4" in size

Pioneer 5.1 DTS surround sound decoder with DSP with 5.1 DTS controller

Pioneer center channel speaker

Last edited by mowmow; 04-05-09 at 01:50 PM.
Old 04-05-09, 01:43 PM
mowmow
Lead Lap

Here are more pics

Pioneer AVIC Z3 / Eclipse Half din DVD player (was installed in glove compartment) / 2nd backup camera

Ipod adapter for pioneer

XM Nav traffic and tuner and ND-Bt1 bluetooth adapter

JL10w6v2 in custom fiberglass enclosure ( picture taken when it was in my old car, I still have it but need to build a new Fiberglass enclosure for the RX)

Vertical Overview

All these are connected via Monster Power XLN cables, 4 Gauge Power cable,
4 Gauge ground cable, 2 monster power heavy duty circuit breaker was used instead of fuse, custom made ground cable set was also install to help out. I have another Eclipse 5 channel Amp, brand new sitting at home also.

I will shrink the picture size in a couple of days when I have more time

sorry I had to split into 2 post but picture rules only allow 10 pics per post

Last edited by mowmow; 04-05-09 at 02:45 PM.
Old 04-05-09, 02:14 PM
leo.cheng
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wow thanks for the pics mowmow...can you put pics when you have it installed? are there any other mods that you did?
Old 04-05-09, 02:42 PM
mowmow
Lead Lap

You're welcome Leo, so far all I have done is lighting, i.e change out the high beam and foglight bulbs with PIAA Xtreme white 9005, 9006 bulbs, I had them for a while, they work great for now until my retrofit guy start working on my quad hid retrofit + hyper ballasts setup I also got the PIAA H-224 led bulb for reverse light and license plate white led. I did order the led side mirror from JDM-Nigel so thats going in too. no suspension will be done cos this is a family car, I had enough bumpy ride on my old car sitting 2" lower on Tein SSP pillow ball mount with EDFC, that was bumpy. I'l probably paint the spoiler and side skirt to match the color of the car, crystal white, that is still undecided and don't want to spend too much money right away either, so I will enjoy the mods 1 at a time. For now sound system + headrest monitors down the road

Last edited by mowmow; 04-05-09 at 02:48 PM.
Old 04-05-09, 03:43 PM
leo.cheng
Rookie

Originally Posted by mowmow
You're welcome Leo, so far all I have done is lighting, i.e change out the high beam and foglight bulbs with PIAA Xtreme white 9005, 9006 bulbs, I had them for a while, they work great for now until my retrofit guy start working on my quad hid retrofit + hyper ballasts setup I also got the PIAA H-224 led bulb for reverse light and license plate white led. I did order the led side mirror from JDM-Nigel so thats going in too. no suspension will be done cos this is a family car, I had enough bumpy ride on my old car sitting 2" lower on Tein SSP pillow ball mount with EDFC, that was bumpy. I'l probably paint the spoiler and side skirt to match the color of the car, crystal white, that is still undecided and don't want to spend too much money right away either, so I will enjoy the mods 1 at a time. For now sound system + headrest monitors down the road
what year RX you have? aquad retrofit HID? whoa! i would love to see pictures of your car. thansk!
Old 04-05-09, 05:18 PM
mowmow
Lead Lap

06 CPO RX400h
It's a going to be a long process to setup the Quad HID setup mainly b'cos I got to think of something for the DRL. Hyper ballast is already done with variable brightness control. Littodevil is the guy that did this for me, he is very good and not cheap but you get what you paid for. This is my old quad hid setup for the Scion tC
Quad projector write up

It's full machine mount setup, fully adjustable within. It took him for a while to design and about a month to build and finish.
Old 04-05-09, 05:41 PM
leo.cheng
Rookie

06 CPO RX400h
It's a going to be a long process to setup the Quad HID setup mainly b'cos I got to think of something for the DRL. Hyper ballast is already done with variable brightness control. Littodevil is the guy that did this for me, he is very good and not cheap but you get what you paid for. This is my old quad hid setup for the Scion tC
Quad projector write up

It's full machine mount setup, fully adjustable within. It took him for a while to design and about a month to build and finish.
if i get an rx350 2007 do you think you can help me with a quad HID or is that too hard? i really want to see pics when you have it up. it's goign to look so crazy.
Old 04-05-09, 05:52 PM
leo.cheng
Rookie

06 CPO RX400h
Quad projector write up

i just saw your writeup and it's pretty sick bro. wish i know as much about cars and headlights as you do. i already know it's going to look awesome. and i really can't wait for the pictures. hope you the best.

Leo

btw how's your 400h driving? any problems? how's the pick up? thinking to get an 07 or 06 RX or the new venza. but i really like the RX since 04.

thanks for everything and the awesome write up!
Old 04-05-09, 06:06 PM
leo.cheng
Rookie

call me on this:

http://littodevilperformance.com

will be making A LOT of money. you will become...in the future on CL, a sponsor and everyone will go to you for headlight conversions.

wish you luck!
Old 04-06-09, 01:40 AM
mowmow
Lead Lap

Leo
I can't get credit for the retrofit because this is done by my friend littodevil in San Francisco, CA. He is the owner and master designer of the shop, the write up you saw is for Scion tC, I had the quad hid (FX bixeon and valeo setup) for about 2 yrs, it was awesome and it's unique because it's a one of one master piece. I sold the retrofit to my buddy, it's going to get painted to match his white tC. I will contact littodevil and see what he can do for mass production for the RX crowd if the demand is there.
I learn all about the headlights info from hidplanet.com and a lot from littodevil. The retrofit will take a while to finish due to lack of time and design also will take some time but yes when it's all done, I will definitely take lots of picture and post it on CL

On your other note, Venza is not as nice as the RX, I like my 06RX400h a lot more, it's roomy and on the freeway ramp, it has plenty of pickup and go, much better than the Venza's pickup speed. I did test drove a Venza and a RX400h on the same day just to compare initially. I'm happy with my RX no complaints except for Nav update taking out
the override feature mainly, hence the dual screen setup once I have the jdm double din
bracket from Todd.
Old 04-06-09, 09:26 AM
leo.cheng
Rookie

Leo
I can't get credit for the retrofit because this is done by my friend littodevil in San Francisco, CA. He is the owner and master designer of the shop, the write up you saw is for Scion tC, I had the quad hid (FX bixeon and valeo setup) for about 2 yrs, it was awesome and it's unique because it's a one of one master piece. I sold the retrofit to my buddy, it's going to get painted to match his white tC. I will contact littodevil and see what he can do for mass production for the RX crowd if the demand is there.
I learn all about the headlights info from hidplanet.com and a lot from littodevil. The retrofit will take a while to finish due to lack of time and design also will take some time but yes when it's all done, I will definitely take lots of picture and post it on CL

On your other note, Venza is not as nice as the RX, I like my 06RX400h a lot more, it's roomy and on the freeway ramp, it has plenty of pickup and go, much better than the Venza's pickup speed. I did test drove a Venza and a RX400h on the same day just to compare initially. I'm happy with my RX no complaints except for Nav update taking out
the override feature mainly, hence the dual screen setup once I have the jdm double din
bracket from Todd.
thanks mowmow for the reply, i thought you were larry at first. haha. so how much is the retrofit going to cost you? i'm all the way in the east coast and i saw alot of larry's master piece and i was blown away on it. He is truly a master for retrofits. Even if there is no crowd here for the retrofit, i will assure you that i will be the first in line to get a pair. becuase i already know it's going to be awesome. thanks for everything mow.
Old 04-08-09, 05:46 AM
THE.K.W.C
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Frankr66
here is a pic of the arm rest and you can also see the double nav
that double NAV is the gayest thing I have ever seen.
Old 04-08-09, 09:25 AM
lexigirl06
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by lexigirl06
Anyone here painted their spoiler ?
I just wanna see a pics . My Rx F-bumper got messed up and
it's on the repair shop right now for bumper replaced and was thinking
to get paint the spoiler too , i can get a good deal for my spoiler.

Here's my spoiler painted.
Attached Thumbnails modding your rx-dsc00251.jpg  
Old 04-08-09, 10:31 AM
mowmow
Lead Lap

Yeah this is really nice, how much is the paint job ?

Quick Reply: modding your rx