RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

Stratus gray or parchment interior for rx350?

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-19, 10:10 PM
koukla76
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Stratus gray or parchment interior for rx350?

What do you think of these 2 interiors... they are both equally beautiful to me! I feel like so many of the models have black interior which doesn’t excite me... feels too depressing for me. I’m looking into getting atomic silver or white rx, All the atomic silvers on the lot come in black interior so I have to wait for one (460h though) that’s coming in at the end of the month with a gray interior. If I want anything other than black interior for the atomic gray then I have to sacrifice 20 inch rims which for me is a must. The white has gray or black interior for choices With all the options I want so they are holding the white/gray one for me. But they also have a white w/parchment 450h if i decide to go hybrid
Old 05-14-19, 04:00 AM
Freds430
Pole Position

Received 1,059 Likes on 693 Posts

This is such a personal choice. Personally, I would never own a dark/black interior. As you say depressing, hot, shows every piece of lint, makes the interior look smaller. We have parchment in both our silver lining exterior ES and RX. Friend came over last weekend who just bought a one year old RX 350 white with black interior. We spent three hours detaining it. Love the white exterior. After spending time cleaning the black interior was so appreciate of getting in mine. His RX is beautiful but just not for me.
The following users liked this post:
Endopax (05-21-19)
Old 05-14-19, 04:58 AM
koukla76
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Freds430
This is such a personal choice. Personally, I would never own a dark/black interior. As you say depressing, hot, shows every piece of lint, makes the interior look smaller. We have parchment in both our silver lining exterior ES and RX. Friend came over last weekend who just bought a one year old RX 350 white with black interior. We spent three hours detaining it. Love the white exterior. After spending time cleaning the black interior was so appreciate of getting in mine. His RX is beautiful but just not for me.
Yup! The black isn’t for me either. So I’ll either get white with grey interior, parchment interior or will wait for the atomic silver in gray interior. Also quick poll.... atomic silver or white ?
Old 05-14-19, 06:23 AM
mspearl95
Instructor

Received 108 Likes on 89 Posts

Originally Posted by koukla76
Yup! The black isn’t for me either. So I’ll either get white with grey interior, parchment interior or will wait for the atomic silver in gray interior. Also quick poll.... atomic silver or white ?
I have atomic silver, but wish i had gone for white.
Old 05-14-19, 06:25 AM
koukla76
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by mspearl95
I have atomic silver, but wish i had gone for white.
Oh really?! Can you please tell me why because this will help my decision today!
Old 05-14-19, 06:46 AM
JSracer
Instructor

Received 121 Likes on 103 Posts

atomic, black for me, zero regrets,
the grey pillars and headliner open it up tons. plus the pano roof if i want lots of daylight in

loaded lux model.
Old 05-14-19, 07:07 AM
PersianGuy
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Black all the way

I’ve got the eminent white pearl exterior with the black interior and it’s absolutely perfect. The gray and parchment show wear and tear, stains and scuffs way more than black and after having gray in the last two cars I’ve owned, I’ll never go back for those reasons.
Old 05-14-19, 07:23 AM
2ndName
Pit Crew

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

White/Black for us. We test drove the parchment interior and didn't like it. We also viewed the gray one, although nice, we have a 6-year-old and it's going to be rough trying to keep it clean. It's definitely owner preference.
Old 05-14-19, 09:24 AM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,348 Likes on 1,694 Posts

The light colored interiors will look awful with wear unless nobody sits ever sits in the seats. White with black interior for me - always. Personal choice so get what YOU prefer.
Old 05-14-19, 09:29 AM
jumpinjack
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Agree on personal preference. I can't do light colored interiors just based on jean transfer and them looking dingy over time. I like the look of a black interior, but it does get warm.
Old 05-14-19, 09:41 AM
koukla76
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by jumpinjack
Agree on personal preference. I can't do light colored interiors just based on jean transfer and them looking dingy over time. I like the look of a black interior, but it does get warm.
I made my choice! Atomic silver with gray interior 2019 450h..... i love the color! And i prefer the light interior. Hubby came and helped me choose, white was nice too but I’m trading in a white car, time to switch it up! Lol! I can’t wait! Supposed to come in between the 23rd and the 28th!
Old 05-14-19, 10:51 AM
2ndName
Pit Crew

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by koukla76
I made my choice! Atomic silver with gray interior 2019 450h..... i love the color! And i prefer the light interior. Hubby came and helped me choose, white was nice too but I’m trading in a white car, time to switch it up! Lol! I can’t wait! Supposed to come in between the 23rd and the 28th!
Congrats to you and your husband. Pics once acquired!
Old 05-14-19, 10:58 AM
koukla76
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by 2ndName
Congrats to you and your husband. Pics once acquired!
I will! I’m so excited! Im usually so against gray cars, so it goes against everything i usually like, but the atomic silver was just so special, before i even showed my husband he said “ what’s that color?!” So i knew i was screwed 😂
Old 05-14-19, 03:34 PM
OoAaronoO
Driver

As someone who can get dirty at work. I could never have a light colored interior. Always black
Old 05-15-19, 10:04 AM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,348 Likes on 1,694 Posts

Forget being dirty. You ever see what blue jeans do to light colored leather

Quick Reply: Stratus gray or parchment interior for rx350?