RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

Stratus gray or parchment interior for rx350?

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-19, 10:49 AM
koukla76
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mikemu30
Forget being dirty. You ever see what blue jeans do to light colored leather
I’ve never had that problem I have light beige interior in my 4runner with no problems.... Besides it’s a lease lol
Old 05-15-19, 11:42 AM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,568 Likes on 1,828 Posts

Originally Posted by koukla76
I’ve never had that problem I have light beige interior in my 4runner with no problems.... Besides it’s a lease lol
Lease - you're right who cares. I never take care of any cars I rent either. Avis problem.
Old 05-16-19, 05:07 PM
ellocovg
Advanced

Received 204 Likes on 134 Posts

anyways I love my dark brown interior with the red stitching. I loved the RX and i usually hate black/dark interiors but this ones gorgeous.

Lease - you're right who cares. I never take care of any cars I rent either. Avis problem.
Old 05-16-19, 05:56 PM
koukla76
Driver School Candidate

Um , by “it’s a lease” i meant that I’ll only have it for 2/3 years. I take very good care of my cars ty very much 🙄
Old 05-16-19, 06:47 PM
ellocovg
Advanced

I don’t understand this mentality either why get a nice car if your not going to take care of it? My friends like this he has a nice leased Acura but it’s never seen a vacuum or a hose, it’s nasty! I argue with him all the time why pay $500 a month to do that to a car he might as well buy a 1999 Acura Legend off of Craigslist.

Um , by “it’s a lease” i meant that I’ll only have it for 2/3 years. I take very good care of my cars ty very much 🙄
Old 05-17-19, 03:51 AM
koukla76
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by ellocovg
I don’t understand this mentality either why get a nice car if your not going to take care of it? My friends like this he has a nice leased Acura but it’s never seen a vacuum or a hose, it’s nasty! I argue with him all the time why pay $500 a month to do that to a car he might as well buy a 1999 Acura Legend off of Craigslist.
I agree! I baby my cars! I park far away, clean it regularly, touchless car washes etc.... I bring them back as close to perfect as i can, that way when I’m done with my lease, the next person can enjoy that car that was well taken care of.
Old 05-18-19, 09:13 AM
HontoKuro
Pole Position

Received 126 Likes on 82 Posts

When my wife purchased her RX a few months back I initially wasn't crazy about the Parchment but now that I've taken it out a few times with the family and even on some occasional business lunches, not only do I get allot of compliments of the interior, but I really think its one of the best fitting color interiors for this model. The luxury package color combo really looks great, makes it very 'airy' and open inside and simply the semi-aniline leather touch and feel of it is unmatched and very luscious and comfortable leather say compared to the regular leather I have in my GS350. Below is a photo of our RX interior.

Old 05-19-19, 05:03 AM
koukla76
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by HontoKuro
When my wife purchased her RX a few months back I initially wasn't crazy about the Parchment but now that I've taken it out a few times with the family and even on some occasional business lunches, not only do I get allot of compliments of the interior, but I really think its one of the best fitting color interiors for this model. The luxury package color combo really looks great, makes it very 'airy' and open inside and simply the semi-aniline leather touch and feel of it is unmatched and very luscious and comfortable leather say compared to the regular leather I have in my GS350. Below is a photo of our RX interior.

Love parchment! Unfortunately for the atomic silver 450 H my choices were Stratus gray or black for the options I wanted , They had an atomic silver with parchment interior but it was a base model-so I chose stratus gray which i loves as well! Honestly i love all the interiors! I just didn’t want all black.
Old 05-20-19, 08:03 AM
ellocovg
Advanced

I fell in love with this as soon as I saw it! I love the contrasting Brown/black and how the red stitching pulls it all together. Wish I had the wooden steering wheel but besides that this interior is perfect.
The following users liked this post:
koukla76 (05-20-19)
Old 05-20-19, 02:50 PM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by ellocovg

I fell in love with this as soon as I saw it! I love the contrasting Brown/black and how the red stitching pulls it all together. Wish I had the wooden steering wheel but besides that this interior is perfect.
I almost went for the noble brown but feared I'd get tired of it long before I was ready for another car. Black interior just never gets old.
Old 05-20-19, 08:01 PM
stevemcb
Driver

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

On a side note: has anyone ever found a decent way to clean the blue jean stains off the leather? I have heard of all kinds of crazy things like hairspray etc. but have not found the “magic” cleaner as of yet
Old 05-20-19, 09:07 PM
ellocovg
Advanced

Originally Posted by stevemcb
On a side note: has anyone ever found a decent way to clean the blue jean stains off the leather? I have heard of all kinds of crazy things like hairspray etc. but have not found the “magic” cleaner as of yet
Hair spray why would anyone think to even try this in the first place?! The secret cleaner is simply a quality leather cleaner. I’m partial to chemical guys products myself. Wet the area with the cleaner as indicated then work a lather using a horse hair bristled brush which is specifically made for leather as the bristles are gentle. Wipe the area down with a clean microfiber and if it’s still dirty repeat until it’s not. After it’s nice and clean don’t forget to hydrate the leather with a nice leather conditioner.

Last edited by ellocovg; 05-20-19 at 09:17 PM.
Old 05-20-19, 09:13 PM
mirkee
Rookie

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I guess that means that if I wear jeans a lot, almost like a uniform for me, I should opt for a darker seat color. The gray and beige look really good but i want something sensible. In my Venza, I have cloth seats and the blue jeans stains are noticeable, especially if it rains or something and they or my jeans get wet. Opinions...light or dark upholstery?
Old 05-21-19, 12:14 AM
Endopax
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yup! The black isn’t for me either. So I’ll either get white with grey interior, parchment interior or will wait for the atomic silver in gray interior. Also quick poll.... atomic silver or white ?
While white is nice, it is very common. For me, my Atomic Silver exterior is the classiest color offered, and the two-tone gray interior provides a spectacular look that is functional and contrasts perfectly with the exterior. This is the combination you should hold out for. Good luck.
The following users liked this post:
koukla76 (05-21-19)
Old 05-21-19, 05:31 PM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by mirkee
I guess that means that if I wear jeans a lot, almost like a uniform for me, I should opt for a darker seat color. The gray and beige look really good but i want something sensible. In my Venza, I have cloth seats and the blue jeans stains are noticeable, especially if it rains or something and they or my jeans get wet. Opinions...light or dark upholstery?
Your seats will be blue before long if you get light interior and wear jeans often.

Quick Reply: Stratus gray or parchment interior for rx350?