RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

Things you wished you've done sooner on your RX 4th Gen

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-19, 03:55 PM
CharmCtyIS
Driver

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Ceramic tint, Ceramic pro, pretty much changed out all bulbs to LED, ghost projector puddle lights, powered subwoofer (probably my favorite since it makes the 12 speaker system much better), mud guards, door edge guards, and hitch with bike rack.
The following users liked this post:
2ndName (04-30-19)
Old 04-30-19, 09:47 AM
nitrousfiz
Driver School Candidate

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by CharmCtyIS
Ceramic tint, Ceramic pro, pretty much changed out all bulbs to LED, ghost projector puddle lights, powered subwoofer (probably my favorite since it makes the 12 speaker system much better), mud guards, door edge guards, and hitch with bike rack.
Can you elaborate on the powered subwooer setup? I have the ML system in 4RX but can use more bass.
Old 04-30-19, 11:06 PM
shq
Rookie

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I've got my pano roof tinted, and debadged (rx350 and fsport badges), looks cleaner that way. Also added ghost shadow lights and swapped revers bulbs with leds. Whiter and brighter.
Old 05-01-19, 08:19 AM
CharmCtyIS
Driver

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by nitrousfiz
Can you elaborate on the powered subwooer setup? I have the ML system in 4RX but can use more bass.

I don't have the ML so I bought a small Kicker powered sub woofer and had it installed on the back of one of the rear seats so it's out of the way. It's not earth shattering bass (which I didn't want anyway) so you won't wake up neighbors but it's a nice satisfying thump inside. Did you look into swapping out the woofer in the ML for something better?
Old 05-01-19, 04:16 PM
Getty
Driver School Candidate

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Probably gonna' do Xpel Ceramic tint tomorrow... I couldn't find any info on Xpel on here, but that's the place the dealer recommended. Both front windows/vent windows $150 for Xpel Ceramic. Any opinions on that? Total shot in the dark here as I'm within about 16 hours of doing it. I may have them do the whole car to match hue (if not darkness) as my plan is to go full legal up-front (35%) and maybe just try to get the rest of the car heat-resistant and brownish view out of the car. Xpel is that copper/brown hue... which I like... but mainly if all views out of the car match in color.
Old 05-02-19, 08:57 AM
nitrousfiz
Driver School Candidate

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I will look into replacing the ML sub. Thank you!
Old 05-03-19, 11:24 AM
Oldernu
Driver School Candidate

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Also New to Me 2016 Owner

If you haven't yet checked on the hestitation posts for the 4Gen RX 350's, it is worth doing. Our RX 350 has 15,500 miles, so I thought the hesitation at low gears might have been caused by a timid prior user. There is a software issue with the ECU/ transmission systems that causes pause when accelerating at low gears. Lexus has issued a technical service bulletin that provides a fix--see post #159 in that topic. The reset was a huge improvement over prior performance. Next step will be getting a ceramic coating. Good luck!
Old 05-03-19, 11:54 AM
2ndName
Pit Crew

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Oldernu
If you haven't yet checked on the hestitation posts for the 4Gen RX 350's, it is worth doing. Our RX 350 has 15,500 miles, so I thought the hesitation at low gears might have been caused by a timid prior user. There is a software issue with the ECU/ transmission systems that causes pause when accelerating at low gears. Lexus has issued a technical service bulletin that provides a fix--see post #159 in that topic. The reset was a huge improvement over prior performance. Next step will be getting a ceramic coating. Good luck!
Thanks! Will look into this. My wife has yet to drive it enough to check on the hesitation. The car is in the dealer still for the AC gurgling and what sounds like a suspension issue. We'll see.
Old 05-07-19, 08:16 AM
optionet
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Getty
Probably gonna' do Xpel Ceramic tint tomorrow... I couldn't find any info on Xpel on here, but that's the place the dealer recommended. Both front windows/vent windows $150 for Xpel Ceramic. Any opinions on that? Total shot in the dark here as I'm within about 16 hours of doing it. I may have them do the whole car to match hue (if not darkness) as my plan is to go full legal up-front (35%) and maybe just try to get the rest of the car heat-resistant and brownish view out of the car. Xpel is that copper/brown hue... which I like... but mainly if all views out of the car match in color.
Got the Xpel Prime XR plus, it is good as far, comparable to Huper Optik. I did all the windows except the windshield and sunroof.
The following users liked this post:
Getty (05-07-19)
Old 05-07-19, 09:05 AM
Getty
Driver School Candidate

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I couldn’t get Plus (in my area) so I got as far as XR. I’m looks nice on the already black car.

A suggestion for others tinting. I’d go one step darker on the back/hatch window, since looking through the car makes it appear less tinted than the sides.

I was actually waiting on the job while posting this!

EDIT: How do you know you got the tint material you paid for? In direct sunlight, my front window feels almost cool to the touch (from inside, just slightly warm) while all other windows feel MUCH warmer. The others are darker due to the extra tint on tint, but I expected ceramic to feel cooler(?)

Last edited by Getty; 05-07-19 at 09:53 AM.