Buying F-sport AWD - ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

Notices
RX - 4th Gen (2016-present) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Buying F-sport AWD

Old 03-11-19, 07:42 PM
angelo70
Driver School Candidate

Default Buying F-sport AWD

Greetings to all. Wife and I fell in love with a 2017 CPO RX F-sport AWD with 15k miles at the local Lexus dealer. Planing to get back at salesman tomorrow (3/12/19) but would like to learn a few things before even talking about price. Salesman claims car has LED headlights, but i noticed it doesnt have the three LED bar headlights, only a single rounded headlight that looks like your regular HID. The car also don't have remote start, and salesman claims it was not available on 2017's. These two things make me think he either doesn't know what he's selling or is lying, or both. At no point the salesman showed any paperwork regarding the vehicle's options or packages. There were no sticker on the windows either. How do I know what equipment came with the vehicle? Been searching for F-sport specs and options since we got home and nothing. Any comments, advice, or guidance will be greatly appreciated.

Humble Clueless.
Old 03-11-19, 07:55 PM
mspearl95
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by angelo70 View Post
Greetings to all. Wife and I fell in love with a 2017 CPO RX F-sport AWD with 15k miles at the local Lexus dealer. Planing to get back at salesman tomorrow (3/12/19) but would like to learn a few things before even talking about price. Salesman claims car has LED headlights, but i noticed it doesnt have the three LED bar headlights, only a single rounded headlight that looks like your regular HID. The car also don't have remote start, and salesman claims it was not available on 2017's. These two things make me think he either doesn't know what he's selling or is lying, or both. At no point the salesman showed any paperwork regarding the vehicle's options or packages. There were no sticker on the windows either. How do I know what equipment came with the vehicle? Been searching for F-sport specs and options since we got home and nothing. Any comments, advice, or guidance will be greatly appreciated.

Humble Clueless.
I would ask the dealer for all of the package information- should be available by looking up the VIN. Remote start is a subscription- based service through Lexus(Enform), so I'm sure you could sign up for it if you want. Around USD160 a year. The base headlights are still LED I think.
Old 03-12-19, 04:04 AM
JSracer
Lead Lap

remote start was free for a year, now on a 17 it costs $160 per year. hitting lock 3 times on the remote is also disabled without a subscription, so complete disable of the remote start system. Enform base and remote are both needed if available in your area.
yes the headlights are led, just not the triple beam they don't use hid anymore.

this is true in the usa, at least.
Old 03-12-19, 06:58 AM
angelo70
Driver School Candidate

Thank you. Just one more question. Is there any particular package that came with the 12-inch screen?
Old 03-12-19, 07:31 AM
mikemu30
Lexus Champion

Thank you. Just one more question. Is there any particular package that came with the 12-inch screen?
NAV gives you the 12.3" screen.
Old 03-12-19, 11:00 AM
HontoKuro
Pole Position

Humble Clueless.
Simple Research would have taken you here on what and what isn't available. 2017 Brochure RX350

You may also want to register here and plug in the VIN and spit out everything you need. https://drivers.lexus.com/lexusdrivers/
Old 03-12-19, 09:49 PM
ut2sua
Pole Position

Humble Clueless.
Lexus doesn't include the remote start button as in the Acura MDX.
You are correct that the car doesn't have tripple LED. I forgot if the other head light option was HID or LED on the 17.
Options can add quite a bit to the car price, you may want to study them before buying. Good luck

Search this Thread

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: