ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rx-4th-gen-2016-2022-273/)
-   -   Is Enform really this bad? (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rx-4th-gen-2016-2022/913679-is-enform-really-this-bad.html)

tbauer370 03-11-19 11:48 AM

Is Enform really this bad?

Bought a 2019 RX450h and love the car but significantly underwhelmed by the Nav/Enform. Seem to be only 3 enform apps (Slacker, iheart, and something I forget), not much choice or use there.

mikemu30 03-11-19 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by tbauer370 (Post 10463912)
Bought a 2019 RX450h and love the car but significantly underwhelmed by the Nav/Enform. Seem to be only 3 enform apps (Slacker, iheart, and something I forget), not much choice or use there.

I use it for remote start only.

lesz 03-11-19 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by mikemu30 (Post 10463921)
I use it for remote start only.

No, you don't. The OP is talking about the free Enform App Suite. Remote start is not a part of the Enform App Suite. Instead, remote start uses the Enform Remote app, which requires a paid subscription after the first year complimentary subscription.

mcomer 03-11-19 01:12 PM

(The next statements do Not apply to LEAS 2.0 for 2019 ES/LS/LC/NX/UX)

The streaming links are not the principal benefits of Lexus Enform App Suite.
You can open App Suite before you get in the car and research and save up
to 10 destinations. When you are aboard and paired you can then have Nav
coordinate those spots into the Lexus Nav system, no typing, no talking!
Once moving you can open App Suite and use the superior Voice Recognition
and greater knowledge of the phone to enter additional destinations.

HontoKuro 03-11-19 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by tbauer370 (Post 10463912)

Yes, its really that bad. Welcome to the worst infotainment system in the auto industry. We can't have it all apparently, 1st world problems.

tbauer370 03-11-19 02:11 PM

So, I did find and really like the ability to research and address online and have it appear in the car - that is nice a nice feature. I have used the remote start feature on the Enform App - nice feature, so far only works 75% of the time. For some reason when it does work and then I open the car door the engine shuts off which is odd - is it supposed to do that?

I will say I expected more out of the system - eg.. Pandora etc. Also the instruction mention using an ipod - who uses an ipod anymore?

mikemu30 03-11-19 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by tbauer370 (Post 10464045)
So, I did find and really like the ability to research and address online and have it appear in the car - that is nice a nice feature. I have used the remote start feature on the Enform App - nice feature, so far only works 75% of the time. For some reason when it does work and then I open the car door the engine shuts off which is odd - is it supposed to do that?

I will say I expected more out of the system - eg.. Pandora etc. Also the instruction mention using an ipod - who uses an ipod anymore?

Can it connect to an 8Track player 😉

mcomer 03-11-19 02:55 PM

When XMSirius bought Pandora they changed some coding, Lexus didn't leave Pandora...Pandora left the controlling apps.

mikemu30 03-11-19 06:01 PM

Originally Posted by tbauer370 (Post 10464045)

It does shut off once you open or unlock a door. Lexus security feature some say. If you ever have an issue with the remote start, I find that logout and back in resolves it every time.

Bearcat 03-11-19 06:36 PM

Just add the private party CarPlay adapter+ Android system. Works fantastic.

Nail34 03-11-19 08:34 PM

Originally Posted by mcomer (Post 10463998)
(The next statements do Not apply to LEAS 2.0 for 2019 ES/LS/LC/NX/UX)

The streaming links are not the principal benefits of Lexus Enform App Suite.
You can open App Suite before you get in the car and research and save up
to 10 destinations. When you are aboard and paired you can then have Nav
coordinate those spots into the Lexus Nav system, no typing, no talking!
Once moving you can open App Suite and use the superior Voice Recognition
and greater knowledge of the phone to enter additional destinations.

Honestly, I don't know much, if anything, about enform. When you save destinations are these places you have already been to and would like to find again or are these places you anticipate going to at sometime in the future??

frazierwa 03-12-19 01:21 AM

The Lexus apps are terrible and always have been. Every three years when the lease expires I vow to research other makes to see how they compare, but I end up driving away in the new model Lexus telling myself that they MUST have improved the apps by now. I'm consistently disappointed.

The remote app could be useful, but every time I went to use it the login period had expired (every 30 days I believe). They require you to enter the username and password even though I have configured it to use the fingerprint login for the app. Some genius thinks that the typing of a username and password is more secure than the fingerprint authentication. Several times when I was in a hurry I parked the car, walked away and couldn't remember if I locked the car. I'd whip out my phone to check status, and there was that username/password request. Never could remember it because I don't use it that often so I'd have to wait until I could extract the password from my password storage program. Also, I can't believe that on a fairly expensive car they don't include the use of the app for more than a year. I have dozens of electronic devices that include lifetime remote access included in the price.

On the Enform app suite, I've constantly had problems with streaming. I've spent hours with them on the phone trying to resolve the issue and they ultimately said to take the car to the dealer. I'm not convinced that I'll find the appropriate expertise there, but I'll try the next time the car is serviced.

I was hoping that they would convert to Apple Car Play. Since I lease my cars, I don't want to install a 3rd party system, but when my lease is up...

ShrinkDoc 03-12-19 01:44 AM

The system reminds me of the old Windows 95 with it's clumsy, choppy programs. For just a few bucks more per car (50-100), we could all have a fast, smooth as butter system. It is by far the least intuitive infotainment system I've seen.

tbauer370 03-12-19 03:18 AM

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 10464279)
Just add the private party CarPlay adapter+ Android system. Works fantastic.

hi, do you have more information on 3rd party adapters and what that entails? I am not familiar with it. Thanks

shadowmite 03-12-19 08:11 AM

Originally Posted by tbauer370 (Post 10464474)

hi, do you have more information on 3rd party adapters and what that entails? I am not familiar with it. Thanks

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rx-...017-rx350.html