RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

RX 350 issues to be addressed before warranty expires

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-19, 07:04 PM
HTXRX350
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb RX 350 issues to be addressed before warranty expires

Hello folks,

I have put a deposit on a 2016 RX 350. However, I have noticed a couple of things during the test drive which I believe other people have been referring to in this forum. The first issue is unusual vibration when the car is idle compared to the previous generation ( I have owned a 2014 for 3 years). The second issue is the way the transmission shifts and the exhaust noise compared to the previous generation. I understand that the 4th Gen has an 8-speed transmission, however, this doesn't justify neither the noise nor the way the car shifts.

As such, I would appreciate it if you could advise me on the required repair for both issues (TSBs would be awesome) so that I can ask the dealer to fix those before I take delivery of the car.

Thanks in advance!
Old 03-01-19, 09:49 PM
ericsan13
Racer

Received 176 Likes on 124 Posts

Don't we have a 4 year warranty? If so, even the oldest 4RX should still be under warranty. If you google RX TSBs you'll find a much more comprehensive list than the few people will list here.
Old 03-02-19, 04:28 AM
rxtimes2
Intermediate

Received 60 Likes on 43 Posts

If the noise and shifting bothered you during the test drive, I would get the deposit back and try a different model. In my opinion, these characteristics are inherently part of the RX350, and all of them exhibit these traits to some degree.
The following users liked this post:
ewkid (02-22-20)
Old 03-02-19, 06:50 AM
HTXRX350
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by ericsan13
Don't we have a 4 year warranty? If so, even the oldest 4RX should still be under warranty. If you google RX TSBs you'll find a much more comprehensive list than the few people will list here.
Thanks! I have done that and found at least 4-5 different TSBs that are related to both issues. Will email them to the dealer.
Old 03-02-19, 06:54 AM
HTXRX350
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by rxtimes2
If the noise and shifting bothered you during the test drive, I would get the deposit back and try a different model. In my opinion, these characteristics are inherently part of the RX350, and all of them exhibit these traits to some degree.
Thanks for the suggestion! Honestly, It took me a while to find this RX because I wanted it have certain features and color combo. The vibration on idle is something that you can live with. However, the noise from the exhaust is the one thing that I would struggle with tolerating. I will go ahead and email the TSBs to the dealer and see if they would help. If not, then I may consider another brand since all new RX350s seem to have those issues
Old 03-02-19, 04:13 PM
GSFRX350
Advanced

Received 159 Likes on 128 Posts

Originally Posted by HTXRX350
Thanks for the suggestion! Honestly, It took me a while to find this RX because I wanted it have certain features and color combo. The vibration on idle is something that you can live with. However, the noise from the exhaust is the one thing that I would struggle with tolerating. I will go ahead and email the TSBs to the dealer and see if they would help. If not, then I may consider another brand since all new RX350s seem to have those issues
Is it an F Sport?
Old 03-02-19, 05:51 PM
ukrkoz
Racer

Received 228 Likes on 204 Posts

No, you should NOT be "living" with anything. All you WILL have is building up aggravation - after you took the delivery.
You either LOVE the car you buy, or you do not buy it. I, for example, on any given work day spend more time with my car than with my wife. This is why I am selling one I have right now. Like it, don't love it.
I spent 4 days in 19 RX350L and I will NOT buy it for no money in the world. My wife's 11 RX350 is has much less tech but is much better car driving experience wise.
And yes, it did have very jerky shifting. Outside of feeling like a bloated boat.
Also, check that left leg outside is being warmed, not freezing, like I had in loaner I drove.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rx-...iver-door.html

Seriously. You will regret you bought it, if you already have some gripes with it. Ownership and day to day dealing with small "I can live with" issues fast builds up into "why in the world did I" to the tune of "it's normal" from dealer.
Old 03-03-19, 07:44 AM
HTXRX350
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by GSFRX350
Is it an F Sport?
No it is the base model.
Old 03-03-19, 07:49 AM
HTXRX350
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by ukrkoz
No, you should NOT be "living" with anything. All you WILL have is building up aggravation - after you took the delivery.
You either LOVE the car you buy, or you do not buy it. I, for example, on any given work day spend more time with my car than with my wife. This is why I am selling one I have right now. Like it, don't love it.
I spent 4 days in 19 RX350L and I will NOT buy it for no money in the world. My wife's 11 RX350 is has much less tech but is much better car driving experience wise.
And yes, it did have very jerky shifting. Outside of feeling like a bloated boat.
Also, check that left leg outside is being warmed, not freezing, like I had in loaner I drove.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rx-...iver-door.html

Seriously. You will regret you bought it, if you already have some gripes with it. Ownership and day to day dealing with small "I can live with" issues fast builds up into "why in the world did I" to the tune of "it's normal" from dealer.
Thanks! I agree with you. The dealer is currently working on fixing the issues in the car. If they don't then I am going to walk away and look for something else. However, I really want to get a luxury SUV that has good reliability. I have had really bad experiences with German cars so I am not going that route. I also don't like American cars. This is why I said I could make compromises in exchange for a reliable car.
Old 02-20-20, 03:44 PM
Purplekush
Driver School Candidate

Default Factory warranty almost finished, any last minute advice?

Hi everyone!

My factory warranty for my 2016 Lexus fsport 3 warranty is expiring in April. Just wondering if there is anything I should get Lexus to investigate or check out? Any known problems? I currently have less than 40,000 km.

Tia
Old 02-21-20, 07:33 AM
bsekf
Driver

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

If you are going to use the Navigation, make sure you are happy with it. We just bought a 2016 and the Navigation sucks! I will be having words with the dealer when we get home in the spring.

Bill
Old 02-21-20, 08:03 AM
ravenuer
Racer

Received 503 Likes on 380 Posts

Originally Posted by Purplekush
Hi everyone!

My factory warranty for my 2016 Lexus fsport 3 warranty is expiring in April. Just wondering if there is anything I should get Lexus to investigate or check out? Any known problems? I currently have less than 40,000 km.
Tia
The only one who would know if there are any problems to be checked on your car is you. Have you noticed any problems, issues, noises etc? Have you kept up with all the recommended maintenance?
Old 02-21-20, 10:51 AM
ericsan13
Racer

Received 176 Likes on 124 Posts

Hi everyone!

Tia
My warranty is also over in April and here is what I am planning to check:
-Rear suspension squeaking over bumps
-SPECIAL SERVICE CAMPAIGN 19LC05 (Remedy) - Certain 2016 – 2019 Model Year RX 450h - Oil Cooler Pipe
-LIMITED SERVICE CAMPAIGN KLG (Remedy Notice) - Multiple Models and Model Years - Safety Connect System - Vehicle Location Inaccurate
Old 02-23-20, 11:28 PM
arrowroot
Pit Crew

Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts

Hi everyone!

Tia
Go through this list and see if you are having any of these issues... if so, you may want to bring them up before warranty expires.
- Ticking/Knocking sound from vacuum pump - A TSB exists in the USA, not sure if one exists for Canada.
- Dull knocking sound from fuel tank area when fuel tank is full - A TSB exists in both USA and Canada.
- Hesitation TSB - A TSB exists in both USA and Canada.
- Droning sound TSB - A TSB exists in both USA and Canada.
- Gurgling noise from AC drain pipe (can hear it when AC is on, with fan on lowest setting) - A TSB exists in Canada (presumably in the USA as well).
- Rear suspension squeak when going over bumps - A TSB exists in the USA, not sure if one exists for Canada.
LRX05 (02-25-20)
Old 06-30-20, 08:30 PM
Riba
Driver School Candidate

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
Exclamation Any Issues to Address?? Warranty Expiring Soon-New Owner

Hi, hope all is well!

My dad just bought a 2017 Lexus RX350 with 19,000 miles and the warranty will expire in a couple months. It is his first Lexus and we don't know if there are any issues that we should be aware off that could be fixed under warranty. He is not driving the car at all now so kind of hard to find anything wrong. Is there a place where I can find recent recall or TSB info? Any help is much appreciated. Thanks!

What I saw/heard when I drove the car a few times:Any of these covered under warranty?
Wipers streak, don't clean well-especially drivers side
Rear hatch strut noise
Rear seat folding pull levers in the trunk don't work---not sure if I didn't pull hard enough?!?

Last edited by Riba; 06-30-20 at 08:43 PM.
LexiGyrl23 (07-01-20)

Quick Reply: RX 350 issues to be addressed before warranty expires