How are the 12 speakers quality compared to 9 speakers? - Page 2 - ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

Go Back  ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion > Lexus Model Forums > RX Models > RX - 4th Gen (2016-present)
How are the 12 speakers quality compared to 9 speakers? >

How are the 12 speakers quality compared to 9 speakers?

Notices
RX - 4th Gen (2016-present) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How are the 12 speakers quality compared to 9 speakers?

Old 03-13-19, 04:57 PM
Cocal
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by tuandino View Post
sound is a very subjective matter. Simply replacing speakers might gain a very minimal difference. The speakers are mated to stock amp. Once you figuring the cost and complexity of swapping out the stock amp with an aftermarket one, you will soon realize it's much more costly than just paying $1k difference for the ML system that Lexus offer. My 2 cents
I don't know the cost or intricacy of replacing the speakers, but IMO the upgrade from 9 to 12 speakers in my case was more than sufficient. If I wanted high fidelity he car is not the place I'd be wanting it in.
Old 03-13-19, 05:11 PM
GSFRX350
Pole Position

Originally Posted by ut2sua View Post
I have the ML in my 17 RX and thought that the sound lacks bass. I tried to turn off surround as some have recommended, but the system seems to require higher volumn to put out the needed sound. What did I miss? Thx.
"What did you miss?" You're just expecting too much in the way of bass, the system is about quality not quantity; I've always had aftermarket systems in my cars with the big woofer in the rear and sometimes I miss that thump, thump, thump, the power is addictive but I guess as I'm older now I'm not so concerned with that thump, the quality is more important to me and generally the system's great. Of course there's times when the volume could be more on certain tracks but overall I like it.

I assume you've gone into the tone settings and tried putting the bass up more.
Old 03-15-19, 09:37 AM
Gino45
Driver School Candidate

This may be a silly question, but here goes: I have the Navigation Pkg 2019 RX350, The sound system sounds good, however, this system is supposed to have 12 speakers. I count 9. Can anyone tell me where the missing 3 are?
Old 03-15-19, 09:58 AM
kolokmee
Rookie

Originally Posted by Gino45 View Post
This may be a silly question, but here goes: I have the Navigation Pkg 2019 RX350, The sound system sounds good, however, this system is supposed to have 12 speakers. I count 9. Can anyone tell me where the missing 3 are?
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rx-...l#post10012441

Dual drivers in the corner dash mounted speakers + subwoofer in the trunk.
The Following User Says Thank You to kolokmee For This Useful Post:
Gino45 (03-15-19)
Old 03-15-19, 10:11 AM
Gino45
Driver School Candidate

Thanks, would you believe they (the Sales people) had to call Lexus to find out that there were multiple drivers in two of the speakers. No one really knew where the sub-woofer was, even when I pointed to it and said "What's this?
Old 03-15-19, 11:11 AM
ut2sua
Pole Position

Originally Posted by GSFRX350 View Post
"What did you miss?" You're just expecting too much in the way of bass, the system is about quality not quantity; I've always had aftermarket systems in my cars with the big woofer in the rear and sometimes I miss that thump, thump, thump, the power is addictive but I guess as I'm older now I'm not so concerned with that thump, the quality is more important to me and generally the system's great. Of course there's times when the volume could be more on certain tracks but overall I like it.

I assume you've gone into the tone settings and tried putting the bass up more.
I have adjusted the settings. The non ML system in my ES sounds better to my ears, but I have not listened to a non ML system in the RX4. Maybe my expectation was too high as you mentioned. The ML system does have lots of power if one cranks up the volumn. I guess what bother me is the bass sounds much stronger in my ES (non-ML) than in my RX (with ML).
Old 03-15-19, 11:14 AM
ut2sua
Pole Position

Some speaker locations has 2 in each. That was how Lexus count them, I believe.
Old 03-15-19, 12:01 PM
gregjhonda
Driver

Lexus counts a single coaxial speaker as two speakers even though it's physically one unit.
Old 03-15-19, 03:52 PM
kolokmee
Rookie

Originally Posted by gregjhonda View Post
Lexus counts a single coaxial speaker as two speakers even though it's physically one unit.
To be fair, every automotive manufacturer does the same thing when advertising their speaker count...
Old 03-15-19, 04:41 PM
GSFRX350
Pole Position

Thanks, would you believe they (the Sales people) had to call Lexus to find out that there were multiple drivers in two of the speakers. No one really knew where the sub-woofer was, even when I pointed to it and said "What's this?
They're just sales people, this week selling Lexus next week it could be Honda. Years ago a salesman was showing me the remote and how to open the trunk on a Mitsubishi, he said you need to push this small button here, sometimes it's doesn't work so you need to give it harder push - I bought the car and later found in the manual that to open the trunk you actually have to push that small button twice, so effectively that was what he was doing when pushing harder the second time, but he obviously had no idea.

Search this Thread

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: