RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

2017 RX350 F-Sport CPO-Good price?

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-19, 08:44 AM
eddie420

Received 610 Likes on 439 Posts
Default 2017 RX350 F-Sport CPO-Good price?

2017 RX350 F-Sport with 42K miles CPO. Full package less the HUD. Is 45k OTD a good price? Thank you.
Old 02-23-19, 10:59 AM
RGSW
Intermediate

Received 101 Likes on 75 Posts

KBB shows $38.5K for median Private Party sale in NJ area
The following users liked this post:
eddie420 (02-23-19)
Old 02-23-19, 02:14 PM
g1itchgsr
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I got my 2017 RX350 CPO for $47k with 9k miles on it, located in SoCal. I think $45k is a bit much.
eddie420 (02-23-19)
Old 02-23-19, 03:45 PM
eddie420

Originally Posted by RGSW
KBB shows $38.5K for median Private Party sale in NJ area
Originally Posted by g1itchgsr
I got my 2017 RX350 CPO for $47k with 9k miles on it, located in SoCal. I think $45k is a bit much.
I just totaled my 2015 GS 350 F-Sport AWD Crafted Line edition last week. So I am unsure how much an RX price range should be. $41K is the price but with taxes and fees, it's $45k. I ran the VIN through TIS and got this information. Let me know your thoughts.

2T: All Weather Floor Liners with Cargo Tray
63: All Weather Floor Liners
96: All Weather Cargo Tray
BD: Blind Spot Monitor, Intuitive Parking Assist,
C1: Cargo Mat
FJ: F SPORT Package
GN: Cargo Net
HF: Touch Free Power Rear
Door
IN: Triple-Beam LED Headlamps
KG: SmartAccess Key Glove
NM: 12.3" Navigation System/Mark Levinson 15-speaker
SR: Moonroof
TO: Towing Prep Pkg: Transmission Cooler, Heavy Duty
WL: Wheel Locks
Z1: Cargo Net,Cargo Mat,Wheel Locks & Key Glove

STANDARD FEATURES
3.5 Liter 295HP Four Cam 24-Valve V6 Engine
with Variable Valve Timing (VVT-iW)
8-Speed Auto Transmission w/Paddle Shifters
Drive Mode Select
Full Time Active Torque Control All-Wheel Drive
20" F SPORT Aluminum Alloy Wheels
Tire Specific Pressure Monitoring System
Vehicle Dynamic Integrated Management (VDIM)
F SPORT tuned Suspension with Front and Rear
Performance Dampers
F SPORT exclusive Leather Interior Trim, Aluminum
Pedals, Shift **** & Meters
Heated Leather Steering Wheel
Chrome Dual Exhaust
F SPORT Unique Exterior Trim
Heated & Ventilated F SPORT Front Seats
Adaptive Variable Suspension w/Sport+ Drive Mode
10 Airbags: Driver & Front Passenger: Front, Knee
& Side (6), Rear Side (2), Side Curtain (2)
Lexus Safety System+: Pre-Collision System w/Ped
Detection; All-Speed Dynamic Radar Cruise Ctrl,
Intelligent High Beam Headlamps; Lane Departure
Alert w/Steering Assist & Lane Keep Assist
Anti-Lock Braking System (ABS) with Electronic
Brakeforce Distribution (EBD) & Brake Assist
Electronic Parking Brake
LED Fog Lamps, Tail Lamps, Daytime Running
Lights, & Auto On/Off Bi-LED Headlamps
LED Clearance Lamps and Illuminated Door Handles
Vehicle Theft-Deterrent Sys w/Engine Immobilizer
Lexus Enform Safety Connect, Service Connect,
Remote, (includes 1-year subscription)
Rain Sensing Wipers
Lexus 9-speaker Premium 8" Color LCD Display
Audio System, HD Radio w/iTunes tagging, Dual USB
iPod/MP3 Control, SiriusXM Satellite Radio
(3-month All Access trial subscription)
Scout GPS Link
Backup Camera
Auto Dual Zone Climate Control Sys w/Rear Vents
Driver's Memory System
Power Tilt-and-Telescopic Steering Column
Reclining/Sliding 40/20/40 Split Rear Seat
Aluminum Roof Rails
Power Back Door
Rear View Mirror- Auto Dimming, Homelink Garage
Carpeted Floor Mats
Old 02-23-19, 05:38 PM
coolsaber
Lead Lap

Received 275 Likes on 246 Posts

...unless this vehicle brings something amazing to the table, skip it and purchase a leftover 18 for the same money. At 45K, you can probably spec a decent base RX.
eddie420 (02-23-19)
Old 02-23-19, 10:07 PM
HontoKuro
Pole Position

Received 126 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by eddie420
2017 RX350 F-Sport with 42K miles CPO. Full package less the HUD. Is 45k OTD a good price? Thank you.
That is very expensive especially considering the high mileage for a 2017 and not even fully loaded. My wife and I just picked up a 2017 Fully loaded RX (AWD) with only 7,350 miles /non-CPO Luxury package (Triple beam, HUD, Cold weather package,Towing Package, etc... plus every package option available minus the rear entertainment package for $43k. I will post photos tomorrow as it's night and just got back from driving it back from 2 states away. You may want to continue looking and consider expanding your search ring for much better deals out there.
CPO is ok but not a deal breaker in my opinion as you are essentially paying for that and typically around $2k that the dealer will pass on to you on the final sticker price. Good luck
eddie420 (02-23-19)
Old 02-24-19, 09:15 AM
eddie420

Originally Posted by HontoKuro
That is very expensive especially considering the high mileage for a 2017 and not even fully loaded. My wife and I just picked up a 2017 Fully loaded RX (AWD) with only 7,350 miles /non-CPO Luxury package (Triple beam, HUD, Cold weather package,Towing Package, etc... plus every package option available minus the rear entertainment package for $43k. I will post photos tomorrow as it's night and just got back from driving it back from 2 states away. You may want to continue looking and consider expanding your search ring for much better deals out there.
CPO is ok but not a deal breaker in my opinion as you are essentially paying for that and typically around $2k that the dealer will pass on to you on the final sticker price. Good luck
Thank you for the advice. I will look around to see if I can find a better deal. Please do post pictures of your vehicle, really interested to see! Looks like you got a great deal.
Old 02-24-19, 08:26 PM
HontoKuro
Pole Position

Thank you for the advice. I will look around to see if I can find a better deal. Please do post pictures of your vehicle, really interested to see! Looks like you got a great deal.
I posted more photos in the "roll call intro.." section but here is the 2017 we picked up yesterday 2 states away and worth the drive back. Not my personal cup of tea as its very plush and soft ride and anything but sporty (even the F-Sport was floaty) hence why I drive the GS but my wife loves this new RX so doesn't matter to me anyway since it will be her daily. I will say this is probably most comfortable drive I ever being in and very luxurious looking interior cabin compared to some of the other competitors we also looked at like the MDX, Volvo XC60/90, and GLE.

eddie420 (02-25-19)
Old 02-25-19, 04:12 PM
richard203
Racer

Received 118 Likes on 104 Posts

come over the rx line too so you can start putting new feature into the rx too like ur gs. so what happen to ur gs now with all those plans you planning to do?
Old 02-26-19, 10:40 PM
viperr
Intermediate

Received 63 Likes on 56 Posts

Since we all keep referencing $45k, I got mine (for my wife) through private party (first time ever going through this method) for $45k with 26k miles. Its a 2016 RX450H FSPORT with HUD, panoroof and everything else. Seems like the sweet spot for price is at least in the mid 40s, but you get practically all the options without looking back and regretting the "what ifs" or adding the extras later separately which can get complicated.

eddie420 (02-28-19)
Old 02-28-19, 07:30 PM
eddie420

Originally Posted by richard203
come over the rx line too so you can start putting new feature into the rx too like ur gs. so what happen to ur gs now with all those plans you planning to do?
Well, insurance totaled it. Basically half the engine bay is crushed and the trunk doesn't exist anymore. Got hit 3 times. I want to get the RX but trying to find one for about $45K that is fully loaded so I don't have to do TOO many mods like the GS.

Originally Posted by viperr
Since we all keep referencing $45k, I got mine (for my wife) through private party (first time ever going through this method) for $45k with 26k miles. Its a 2016 RX450H FSPORT with HUD, panoroof and everything else. Seems like the sweet spot for price is at least in the mid 40s, but you get practically all the options without looking back and regretting the "what ifs" or adding the extras later separately which can get complicated.
Beautiful car man. I don't want to do the hybrid, the 60+hp motor in the rear is awfully weak in the snow lol. I'll take the regular RX350 but want it fully loaded. Inventory is not the greatest here. Sigh...
Old 03-01-19, 10:50 AM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,353 Likes on 1,694 Posts

Nice FSport. You'll love the triple beam headlamps. I have them on my ES but not on my wife's RX.
Old 03-01-19, 12:31 PM
HontoKuro
Pole Position

Originally Posted by mikemu30
Nice FSport. You'll love the triple beam headlamps. I have them on my ES but not on my wife's RX.
I honestly believe the triple beam lights is what makes this RX stand out from the rest of the pack. Sure I know HID are no slouch and probably better light output but in terms of pure aesthetics and overall design it will make the RX age very well and not look as old with the traditional HID lights. In my opinion with that massive front grille the triple beam headlights break that up and your eyes tend to focus more on the sexy lights than the Predator grill. That was one of the major decisions and must have options when my wife and I were shopping this model.
Old 03-01-19, 09:28 PM
viperr
Intermediate

Received 63 Likes on 56 Posts

Well, insurance totaled it. Basically half the engine bay is crushed and the trunk doesn't exist anymore. Got hit 3 times. I want to get the RX but trying to find one for about $45K that is fully loaded so I don't have to do TOO many mods like the GS.

Beautiful car man. I don't want to do the hybrid, the 60+hp motor in the rear is awfully weak in the snow lol. I'll take the regular RX350 but want it fully loaded. Inventory is not the greatest here. Sigh...
Thanks! Would the non-hybrid do better in the snow than the hybrid even though they have the same engine except the extra "boost" from the hybrid battery?

Originally Posted by mikemu30
Totally agree, the triple beam headlamps makes a huge difference especially for being such a big headlight for this car.
Old 03-02-19, 08:05 PM
1Louder
Intermediate

Received 103 Likes on 71 Posts

Congrats!

I'll add mine to the mix since we got very similar cars. 2016 RX 450h F-Sport, Pano roof, adaptive cruise and collision mitigation, Mark Levinson, 19k miles and a CPO (so warranty + 2 years after factory) for $48k.

eddie420 (03-11-19)

Quick Reply: 2017 RX350 F-Sport CPO-Good price?