RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

2020 rx 350

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-19, 06:24 PM
Graham6215
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The upcoming LF is hot looking! Love it! But the price is projected to come in at $150,000, which is less than Lamborghini ‘s Urus which is $200,000. Guess I’ll have to wait to hit the Lottery, darn it!
Old 01-28-19, 10:48 PM
macdee
Driver

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Graham6215
I have a 2016 RX and called my trusted expert salesman just this week to ask him when I could expect a major body change in the RX. (This is my third RX.). He said since I had the first big change, in the 2016, they had just found out that LEXUS was now going to change it every five years. So I plan to get a 2019 sometime this summer. And I’ll look forward to the 2021!
Also checked (again) with my salesman, and they usually get internal informational pamphlets (with all the new features outlined, pictures, available colors, options, and everything) 3-4 months before the actual sales start (and actual client-oriented pamphlets are printed). So he's currently thinking they'll be getting these around March-April. That's about the time we'll likely have a pretty detailed information regarding changes. Asked to let me know as soon as these arrive, so I could go and check them. I think I might share then, if the info is not leaked even sooner than that Exciting times! And 2021 will definitely be a very exciting year for us RX owners!
The following users liked this post:
Graham6215 (02-06-19)
Old 02-04-19, 12:04 PM
garbo
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I just came across this YOUTUBE video discussing future RX350. He gives a history of the model and gives his opinion about future model.

macdee (02-05-19)
Old 02-05-19, 08:37 AM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,353 Likes on 1,694 Posts

Originally Posted by garbo
I just came across this YOUTUBE video discussing future RX350. He gives a history of the model and gives his opinion about future model.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5dekC3wT8AM
His videos are boring and mostly speculation or wishful thinking.
Old 02-05-19, 10:55 AM
garbo
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by mikemu30
His videos are boring and mostly speculation or wishful thinking.
I don't disagree with that. It just adds to the conversation.
Old 02-05-19, 11:02 AM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

I don't disagree with that. It just adds to the conversation.
Yep - it's all good.
Old 02-05-19, 10:28 PM
macdee
Driver

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Don't understand his disfavor for remote touch… (and everyone else's actually). I am not a HUGE fan of neither "mouse" nor touchpad Lexus has, but comparing to other brands, these input methods are above and beyond any "remote" controls these brands have. Definitely don't want a touch based navigation - I like how the screen is positioned where it is, really easy to look at without taking eyes off the road (which was the primary reason to have it there in the first place).

I do hope Lexus switches to the next gen of touchpads sooner than later. I saw and played with prototypes during Tokyo auto show back in 2017 (built by the same company that builds current ones, though I don't remember the name anymore) and these were fantastic - very smooth operation and great response. But that probably won't come before the next full model change… (and in a hindsight, actually, these prototypes looked like they were and extremely good match for the rumored touch-sensitive center console supposedly coming in next RX)
Old 02-06-19, 08:19 AM
mspearl95
Instructor

Received 108 Likes on 89 Posts

Originally Posted by macdee
Don't understand his disfavor for remote touch… (and everyone else's actually). I am not a HUGE fan of neither "mouse" nor touchpad Lexus has, but comparing to other brands, these input methods are above and beyond any "remote" controls these brands have. Definitely don't want a touch based navigation - I like how the screen is positioned where it is, really easy to look at without taking eyes off the road (which was the primary reason to have it there in the first place).

I do hope Lexus switches to the next gen of touchpads sooner than later. I saw and played with prototypes during Tokyo auto show back in 2017 (built by the same company that builds current ones, though I don't remember the name anymore) and these were fantastic - very smooth operation and great response. But that probably won't come before the next full model change… (and in a hindsight, actually, these prototypes looked like they were and extremely good match for the rumored touch-sensitive center console supposedly coming in next RX)
Recently took a 2019 ES as a loaner, and was impressed by how well the touchpad works compared to previous ones I’ve tried. I like it better than the mouse I currently have. That and the high/low heated steering wheel(that actually got warm, compared to the tepid one in my RX) were two big improvements I can imagine will be added to the RX very soon.
Old 02-06-19, 11:31 AM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by mspearl95

Recently took a 2019 ES as a loaner, and was impressed by how well the touchpad works compared to previous ones I’ve tried. I like it better than the mouse I currently have. That and the high/low heated steering wheel(that actually got warm, compared to the tepid one in my RX) were two big improvements I can imagine will be added to the RX very soon.
I have the 19 ES and the touchpad is a huge improvement over the mouse in the RX but quite honestly, the mouse works fine as well. The bigger improvement is the NAV system, graphics and voice recognition which is pretty bullet proof in the ES.
Old 02-06-19, 02:28 PM
javapro
Driver

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I have the 19 ES and the touchpad is a huge improvement over the mouse in the RX but quite honestly, the mouse works fine as well. The bigger improvement is the NAV system, graphics and voice recognition which is pretty bullet proof in the ES.
Is the nav graphics and menu graphics better than in the RX, i. e. looks prettier, better resolution?
Old 02-06-19, 04:08 PM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by javapro
Is the nav graphics and menu graphics better than in the RX, i. e. looks prettier, better resolution?
Definitely a level above for sure.
Old 02-06-19, 06:19 PM
javapro
Driver

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Definitely a level above for sure.
Hopefully, RX will get these as part of the Gen 10 infotainment update for 2020 model refresh.
Old 02-07-19, 12:10 AM
coolsaber
Lead Lap

Received 275 Likes on 246 Posts

My prediction bulb says android auto/Carplay/Alexa is in the works for the refresh (2020 taco sequoia and 4runner all have just been confirmed with this option)
Old 02-07-19, 08:42 AM
mspearl95
Instructor

Received 108 Likes on 89 Posts

Originally Posted by javapro
oh yes it’s definitely much improved as well. Much crisper image. Love the startup sequence!
Old 02-18-19, 04:01 AM
coolsaber
Lead Lap

Received 275 Likes on 246 Posts

Well I guess its almost official: Major Minor Refresh without touchscreen etc:

garbo (02-18-19)

Quick Reply: 2020 rx 350