Lexus Enform Won’t Work - Page 2 - ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

Notices
RX - 4th Gen (2016-present) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lexus Enform Won’t Work

Old 11-28-18, 07:38 PM
  #16  
daryll40
Lexus Champion
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 2,077
Thanks: 0
Thanked 6 Times in 5 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by mikemu30 View Post
Well it's not REALLY like NOT having AC in the summer. Your heat works, your remote start does not.
thats why I added “somewhat”
daryll40 is offline  
Old 11-29-18, 10:05 AM
  #17  
SoCalRX
Pole Position
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Southern California
Posts: 261
Thanked 58 Times in 39 Posts
Default

Just a simple question: Is the mobile phone you are using with Enform paired with your RX?
SoCalRX is offline  
Old 11-29-18, 10:10 AM
  #18  
daryll40
Lexus Champion
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 2,077
Thanks: 0
Thanked 6 Times in 5 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by SoCalRX View Post
Just a simple question: Is the mobile phone you are using with Enform paired with your RX?
Yes. But the SOS button still gets me a "you are roaming" message whether the phone is turned on or totally not connected and turned off. And the 3 push FOB remote starting won't work either. The software isn't reaching the car. Truthfully I am beginning to think there is a hardware problem in the car itself. I go back to the dealer tomorrow (second visit for this), after spending another hour on 3 different calls yesterday with ENFORM support.
daryll40 is offline  
Old 11-29-18, 10:16 AM
  #19  
SoCalRX
Pole Position
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Southern California
Posts: 261
Thanked 58 Times in 39 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by daryll40 View Post
Yes. But the SOS button still gets me a "you are roaming" message whether the phone is turned on or totally not connected and turned off. And the 3 push FOB remote starting won't work either. The software isn't reaching the car. Truthfully I am beginning to think there is a hardware problem in the car itself. I go back to the dealer tomorrow (second visit for this), after spending another hour on 3 different calls yesterday with ENFORM support.
Something is wacky. I have my druthers with Enform services, but they occasionally work well for me...on other occasions not so much (e.g. remote starting or Destination Assist on weekends, where it is an utter waste of time).
SoCalRX is offline  
Old 11-29-18, 10:37 AM
  #20  
daryll40
Lexus Champion
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 2,077
Thanks: 0
Thanked 6 Times in 5 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by SoCalRX View Post
Something is wacky. I have my druthers with Enform services, but they occasionally work well for me...on other occasions not so much (e.g. remote starting or Destination Assist on weekends, where it is an utter waste of time).
Exactly. Something is wacky. I'm going to insist on a more definitive resolution tomorrow. Order new hardware, for instance, or set up a definite date for a Lexus tech from higher up to come and see the vehicle. The big PITA is that I have to be with the vehicle for dealer attempts to repair so it can be started from my phone.

I recognize that this isn't a serious safety issue like a malfunctioning airbag or a major repair like an engine failure. But it's a big enough deal, living in a cold climate, that I plan to force the issue to finally get a fix.
daryll40 is offline  
Old 12-04-18, 09:21 AM
  #21  
pwill42
Driver School Candidate
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: GA
Posts: 1
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I have the same problem with my Enform app however, mine has not actually worked correctly since day one. I spent lots of time on the phone when I first got my 2017 RX450h with no resolution. I emailed the tech specialist at my dealership every time the app worked incorrectly. It has been nothing but a headache. For the Lexus reputation and what you pay for your vehicle you should not be held up by an incompetent app. Also, attempting to start my RX with the fob is ridiculous! You have to press it 3 times, hold it 10 seconds and pray it actually starts. By the time you run through that pointless process several times you could be at your car already. AND, the app continues to log me out, lock up and tell me my credentials are incorrect. A terrible design and should be resolved by Lexus but I'm not holding my breath!

I owned a GMC prior to this. GMC's app worked beautifully! I NEVER had an issue with it. Too bad the Lexus brand is not as reliable when it comes to technology.

Not looking for a solution here....just hoping Lexus is listening and will correct the problem.
pwill42 is offline  
Old 12-05-18, 01:27 PM
  #22  
daryll40
Lexus Champion
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 2,077
Thanks: 0
Thanked 6 Times in 5 Posts
Default

I am the original poster with an update: I took my car to the dealer late last week and after working with the tech for a few hours, he decided that (as I suspected) this was something new and unseen before. They gave me a loaner car and I didn't hear from them until now. It appears, after extensive detective work with both ENFORM and Verizon (the carrier who provides the service for the SOS calls) that the problem was defective hardware. There's a box, similar to a cell phone, in the center console that calls the SOS phone number and mine was defective. They replaced the box and it now calls the right number, so I am told. They are now resetting Enform and waiting for the pending status to update. So it SOUNDS like this will soon be fixed, but I'm not sure yet. The dealer tech did tell me that it took many levels on the Enform tech food chain for someone to recognize that it had to be a hardware issue based on it not calling the correct SOS phone number. And that no one has ever seen this before (my luck) and that this was being fully documented by Lexus so that they'll know what to do if it someone else has the problem in the future. I guess all I can say is that at least my dealer has done right by me, so far, and I'm trying to be nice about it because they are doing their best. And frankly, as long as I don't have to wait around while they try to repair it (I gave my log into to the tech so he can work using his own iPhone) and have a loaner car, I'm OK with what's happening.
daryll40 is offline  
Old 12-05-18, 01:35 PM
  #23  
JDR76
Lexus Fanatic
 
JDR76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: WA
Posts: 6,310
Thanked 266 Times in 214 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by daryll40 View Post
I am the original poster with an update: I took my car to the dealer late last week and after working with the tech for a few hours, he decided that (as I suspected) this was something new and unseen before. They gave me a loaner car and I didn't hear from them until now. It appears, after extensive detective work with both ENFORM and Verizon (the carrier who provides the service for the SOS calls) that the problem was defective hardware. There's a box, similar to a cell phone, in the center console that calls the SOS phone number and mine was defective. They replaced the box and it now calls the right number, so I am told. They are now resetting Enform and waiting for the pending status to update. So it SOUNDS like this will soon be fixed, but I'm not sure yet. The dealer tech did tell me that it took many levels on the Enform tech food chain for someone to recognize that it had to be a hardware issue based on it not calling the correct SOS phone number. And that no one has ever seen this before (my luck) and that this was being fully documented by Lexus so that they'll know what to do if it someone else has the problem in the future. I guess all I can say is that at least my dealer has done right by me, so far, and I'm trying to be nice about it because they are doing their best. And frankly, as long as I don't have to wait around while they try to repair it (I gave my log into to the tech so he can work using his own iPhone) and have a loaner car, I'm OK with what's happening.
Glad to hear it. Hopefully it really is resolved. Keep us posted.
JDR76 is offline  
Old 12-06-18, 10:44 AM
  #24  
dunyamunya
Driver School Candidate
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: IL
Posts: 22
Thanks: 0
Thanked 6 Times in 1 Post
Default

Considering that you cannot start from the remote fob, I would expect the issue to be around Roaming of the system. Whenever you try to start the car it checks your subscription. If it cannot connect to servers because of the roaming, you cannot start the car. Try resolving the roaming issue first - drive somewhere where the signal is better and try from there. SOS is the best button to fix any Enform issues, even when activating or re-activating. They even require you to use the SOS button. Here is an e-mail I received when I was re-activating my service last year:

Dear ANDREW,

IMPORTANT: To begin using your Lexus Enform Remote services on VIN: xxxxxx (removed by me), you must:

1. Download Lexus Enform Remote for iPhone or Lexus Enform Remote for Android

2. Please press the SOS button inside your vehicle and select the Remote Services option to obtain an authorization code.

3. Login to the Lexus Enform Remote mobile application using your Lexus Drivers credentials.

Note: you must login using the same e-mail address that this authorization code e-mail has been sent to, or the vehicle will not be listed. If you do not remember your Lexus Drivers password, please visit Lexus Drivers for a password reset.

4. Click on VIN: xxxxxx (removed by me) in Lexus Enform Remote and enter the code obtained in step 2 above.

Please note that the authorization codes are only valid for 72 hours.

If your authorization code expires and you need a new one, please press the SOS button in your vehicle.

Sincerely,
Lexus Enform Remote Customer Care
dunyamunya is offline  
Old 12-07-18, 09:53 AM
  #25  
TeKKieNYC
Driver
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: NY
Posts: 167
Thanked 23 Times in 19 Posts
Default

I understand you must go through all of these loops to have the app working, but when it comes to a physical key fob, which has nothing to do with roaming or outside network, why doesn't the fob work without Enform? Repulsive greed of Lexus...
TeKKieNYC is offline  
Old 12-07-18, 10:32 AM
  #26  
dunyamunya
Driver School Candidate
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: IL
Posts: 22
Thanks: 0
Thanked 6 Times in 1 Post
Default

All because they want to make you subscribe and pay money for it. If you don't have an active subscription, the fob will not work either.
dunyamunya is offline  
Old 12-13-18, 11:30 AM
  #27  
daryll40
Lexus Champion
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 2,077
Thanks: 0
Thanked 6 Times in 5 Posts
Default

I am the OP. The final (I hope) follow up is that Lexus had my car for 13 days (the provided a loaner) and had to replace all of the hardware. It’s finally working 🤞🏻. When I posted the follow up here before, it never “found” the vehicle out of “pending” status. But it finally seems to be working. I’m annoyed that this happened, but both Lexus and the dealer did right by me, so I’ll be happy for that. No one is really sure what happened, but it works with the new hardware.
daryll40 is offline  
Old 12-15-18, 07:32 AM
  #28  
milk659
Driver School Candidate
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: IL
Posts: 35
Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Lexus Tech isn't the best. I have had my share of quirky problems. I am glad your problem is fixed. It is sad that a car of such class, and price range has problems of such nature.
milk659 is offline  


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: