RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

Amazon alexa to start rx 350

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-18, 03:40 PM
Trap
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

PSA mode on...
If your garage is connected to your house, and you start the car, you run a risk of CO getting into the house. If the garage door is closed, it is a very likely issue. I have been to far too many CO alarm calls caused by a car running in the garage.
Plus. your car could be filled with CO as you drive away.
Old 11-13-18, 03:43 PM
AirForce8
Pit Crew

Received 76 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by Trap
PSA mode on...
If your garage is connected to your house, and you start the car, you run a risk of CO getting into the house. If the garage door is closed, it is a very likely issue. I have been to far too many CO alarm calls caused by a car running in the garage.
Plus. your car could be filled with CO as you drive away.
I've got a smart garage door opener. I'm going to live afterall! I think we're all adults here and know not to run a car in a sealed garage but hey maybe it will help someone.

Last edited by AirForce8; 11-13-18 at 04:04 PM.
Old 11-13-18, 03:58 PM
AirForce8
Pit Crew

Kinda not feeling this feature so far now. This morning I had the car locked but had forgotten my gym bag. Went out to get it and you guessed it, forgot to relock the car. Then when it came time to remote start via alexa, I finally realized I'd forgotten to relock so the car didn't start. Remote start is great for being away from the house but being home there are so many variables it becomes just doing it for the sake of doing it. I'm going to try and keep doing it though. 😄 I might be able to adjust my routine enough for this to work well lol. In the summer I only need it for being away from the house so the car isn't hot as hell when I get in. Doing it at home for the cold is more problematic. Plus like the poster mentioned it IS possible I could forget the garage door too. I'm not worried about death in ten minutes of running but the smell would be God awful.
Old 11-14-18, 04:45 AM
JSracer
Instructor

Received 121 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by AirForce8
I would wonder why you'd be interested but OK.... It got down to 17 degrees here last night and was in the low 40's in the garage. I have remote start so why get into a car that is not warmed up? Before I get out the night before I put the heater on high and the seat warmer on high(and now lock it) . Very cozy when I get in. I hope you no longer wonder about it.

i always use auto, for the air and seats, seems to work well for me.
I can relate to wanting a warm car being in minnesota myself. lol

i am well insulated though, lol
Old 11-14-18, 10:38 AM
AirForce8
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by JSracer
i always use auto, for the air and seats, seems to work well for me.
I can relate to wanting a warm car being in minnesota myself. lol

i am well insulated though, lol
Auto drives me nuts. I'm never quite sure what the system is going to do. I keep the recirculated air on at all times and auto always wants to switch to outside air. Then I end up smelling someone's exhaust or some nasty smelling sewer as I drive by. Probably would help if I read the instruction book lol. I came from a 2015 4runner and the one thing I miss most is the climate control system. Much MUCH more user friendly.

As far as being insulated, being in Minnesota I imagine it's a requirement for that kind of cold so I don't blame you at all!
Old 11-14-18, 11:38 AM
lexnewbi
Intermediate

Received 123 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by AirForce8
I'm never quite sure what the system is going to do. I keep the recirculated air on at all times and auto always wants to switch to outside air. Then I end up smelling someone's exhaust or some nasty smelling sewer as I drive by.
I have not managed to figure out when the system switches from outside to recirculated air. I have the Exhaust gas sensor sensitivity to +3 (right most control). It seems it does not react to smells (dead skunks on Texas highways), and sometimes reacts to smog, particularly in hot weather. However, during cold weather, it does not switch even when I can smell a lot of gas exhaust in the highway.

I have experienced that the A/C must also be in Auto along with the air intake mode (auto button) for the switching to work.

Manual states:
Automatic mode for air intake control
In automatic mode, the system detects exhaust gas and other pollutants and automatically switches between outside air and recirculated air modes.
When the dehumidification function is off, and the fan is operating, turning automatic mode on will activate the dehumidification function.