RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

ICS Reprogram Service Campaign (certain 2017-2018 RXs)

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-18, 06:28 AM
mspearl95
Instructor

Received 107 Likes on 88 Posts

Thats great to know! due for service as well, will definitely have them address it then. Hopefully it fixes the problem too where when reversing from a parking spot and a car is passing(setting off the RCTA), the ICS kicks on after the car has already passed. startles me every time!
Old 11-09-18, 07:14 AM
Marqevans
Instructor

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by mspearl95
Thats great to know! due for service as well, will definitely have them address it then. Hopefully it fixes the problem too where when reversing from a parking spot and a car is passing(setting off the RCTA), the ICS kicks on after the car has already passed. startles me every time!
Same thing happened to me. Brakes activated after car had passed. Probably can't pick up that the car is moving away from you. It just knows a car is there.

Old 11-10-18, 07:36 AM
lexnewbi
Intermediate

Received 123 Likes on 88 Posts

Me too! Scared me and my wife! I had the ICS reprogrammed this week after fixing my 7th rock chip. The tire and wheel protection program has probably paid off! I have 7 rock chips, three dents, and a wheel rim scratched fixed in two years...
Old 11-12-18, 04:39 PM
ssmtsx
Driver School Candidate

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Had mine done this past weekend. All went well except for the grease they got all over my interior. Make sure you bring your cars in on empty as this campaign includes a free tank of gas!
Old 11-12-18, 05:57 PM
javapro
Driver

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Had mine done on Friday with the 5K service. Took them almost an hour just for the update. Hopefully, this update fixes the issue with rear cross traffic alert I’ve been having since 2016 model. The system think that a larger spinning underground garage fresh air fan is a moving objects and keeps alerting me when I am backing out of my parking space. The trouble is that my 2016 would just beep (no sonar) and now 2018 brakes hard even if I go 2 mph. My only solution was to turn off ICS temporarily. Now, it’s cold so they don’t turn on that fan. I would have to wait until the end of spring to see if this updates fixed this issue.
Old 11-12-18, 08:56 PM
lexnewbi
Intermediate

Received 123 Likes on 88 Posts

I not seen much of a difference yet, but not really backed up while a car just passed by.

Also, my gas tank was not topped off. In fact, I have never gotten a full tank of gas from Lexus Park Place. One time, I had to go back to exchange the incorrect floor mats that the dealer gave me. Should have opened the box at the dealer. The dealer is 40 minutes away.
Old 11-13-18, 06:22 AM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,330 Likes on 1,683 Posts

Originally Posted by lexnewbi
I not seen much of a difference yet, but not really backed up while a car just passed by.

Also, my gas tank was not topped off. In fact, I have never gotten a full tank of gas from Lexus Park Place. One time, I had to go back to exchange the incorrect floor mats that the dealer gave me. Should have opened the box at the dealer. The dealer is 40 minutes away.
No full tank for me either. It's a slow software update for those that haven't had it yet so be prepared for a minimum of an hour and perhaps a bit more. Mine was completed this weekend while I got to play in the showroom shopping for a new ES
Old 11-13-18, 07:44 AM
ravenuer
Racer

Received 465 Likes on 354 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by mikemu30
No full tank for me either. It's a slow software update for those that haven't had it yet so be prepared for a minimum of an hour and perhaps a bit more. Mine was completed this weekend while I got to play in the showroom shopping for a new ES
The update probably takes 4 minutes, but when they saw you browsing out in the showroom...………………..
Old 11-13-18, 07:49 AM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,330 Likes on 1,683 Posts

Originally Posted by ravenuer
The update probably takes 4 minutes, but when they saw you browsing out in the showroom...………………..
Good one
Old 11-14-18, 09:48 PM
richard203
Racer

Received 118 Likes on 104 Posts

just the update to the ecu takes 20min and they have to plug ur fan back and etc if your car is hybrid. this update is the same as the Toyota Prius and camry ics software update
Old 11-16-18, 07:27 AM
dunyamunya
Driver School Candidate

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Just had my update done on Wednesday. Took about 1 hour and 30 min. When I mentioned free tank of gas, the service rep was firm on a NO. I asked him to check and ask the manager, but he was still on a firm NO. So I went to the manager himself, who I know already. He checked the service campaign docs and said YES. They did fill my tank after that. I also told the SR to check before he says NO especially when a customer states otherwise and asks to double check. He looked ashamed when I was "reprimanding" him...
Old 11-16-18, 08:03 AM
javapro
Driver

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I got a full tank of gas - no questions asked. I didn’t even know I was supposed to get it. Just noticed the gas gauge at full when picking up the car. Confirmed with the service manager that it’s part of the service campaign. I thought that you get a full tank of gas only for recalls.
Old 11-16-18, 01:33 PM
mspearl95
Instructor

Received 107 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by javapro
I got a full tank of gas - no questions asked. I didn’t even know I was supposed to get it. Just noticed the gas gauge at full when picking up the car. Confirmed with the service manager that it’s part of the service campaign. I thought that you get a full tank of gas only for recalls.
when I made my appointment, the service attendant referred to it as a recall.
Old 11-19-18, 08:47 AM
SoCalRX
Intermediate

Received 105 Likes on 67 Posts

Another way of determining whether your Lexus RX is involved in this campaign is to enter the requested data on this Lexus website page:

https://www.toyota.com/recall

The reason I mention this is that when I checked into Lexus Drivers, and although my Lexus subscriptions are all up to date, it did not mention the campaign in the "Vehicle Health Report". The link above did indicate my RX is part of the campaign.
The following users liked this post:
ravenuer (11-19-18)
Old 11-28-18, 05:25 PM
Googs
Rookie

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I just got my car serviced with this reprogram and it no longer beeps to tell me far an object is and brakes hard stop. Any suggestions how to get that feature back to show | | |

Quick Reply: ICS Reprogram Service Campaign (certain 2017-2018 RXs)