ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rx-4th-gen-2016-2022-273/)
-   -   Aftermarket carplay on 2017 RX350 (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rx-4th-gen-2016-2022/902627-aftermarket-carplay-on-2017-rx350.html)

Gottspd 04-13-19 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by c3uo (Post 10492136)
Is it possible that the passenger disply turned off as you went from dual mode climate to single? I think that the passenger side temp display shuts off in single.

you are close! It wasn’t that but in the 16’s, I learned today that there is a feature called “S-Flow” which can turn off the pass side. The ‘19 loaner we have doesn’t have that. Maybe it’s an option. Anyway, I didn’t discover that until I had fully removed the android box. Then once I realized it wasn’t the box, I reinstalled it with dip3 down. So far things are working as they were and there’s one pleasant change... before I wasn’t able to see any visual volume control when in carplay and now there is! Cool. Not sure why but I’m pleased that it’s working.

hnws 04-13-19 01:39 PM

A very basic and silly question, what's the screwdriver and its header do you guys use? I bought something from Home Depot, but it seems to me 7/16 is too large and 3/8 is too small???
Would anyone please kindly paste a link for what you bought to disassemble those two screws? Thanks.

Gottspd 04-13-19 01:41 PM

Japanese vehicle = usually metric so you were close in size but it’s a 10mm.

All 3 bolts and the 2 nuts are all 10mm conveniently.

hnws 04-13-19 01:58 PM

Thanks. Just ordered one set including 10mm from amazon.

Gottspd 04-13-19 02:01 PM

Magnetic ones? Highly recommend that.

hnws 04-13-19 02:09 PM

Yeah definitely. (I just dropped one screwdriver header inside during trial and errors...)

Bearcat 04-14-19 04:14 AM

In order to use AUX with the box does BT need to be disconnected from the box?

Gottspd 04-14-19 05:10 AM

Originally Posted by Gottspd (Post 10492190)
you are close! It wasn’t that but in the 16’s, I learned today that there is a feature called “S-Flow” which can turn off the pass side. The ‘19 loaner we have doesn’t have that. Maybe it’s an option. Anyway, I didn’t discover that until I had fully removed the android box. Then once I realized it wasn’t the box, I reinstalled it with dip3 down. So far things are working as they were and there’s one pleasant change... before I wasn’t able to see any visual volume control when in carplay and now there is! Cool. Not sure why but I’m pleased that it’s working.

Apparently later years have S-Flow via the climate screen.

Anyway, still having some issues with the box. Is there a way to force it such that the box only only can connect via BT and not the box from an audio perspective? Seems like that there could be a phone solution there too. Make it so it the box isn’t an audio output option. Any thoughts?

Bearcat 04-14-19 09:40 AM

To everyone having trouble with AUX, make sure you delete BT pairing with box/RX/phone. It’ll work great then. Dumb mistake on my part.

KBBK 04-14-19 03:31 PM

https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.clu...477753b25.jpeg

Originally Posted by jwong77 (Post 10478366)
Can anyone share an image of what the base non nav screen might look like with this installed?

Gottspd 04-14-19 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 10492734)
To everyone having trouble with AUX, make sure you delete BT pairing with box/RX/phone. It’ll work great then. Dumb mistake on my part.

How’s the call quality for you?

qvtruong 04-14-19 06:00 PM

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 10492734)

OMG...you just saved us all. Cosmo, David and I spent hours trying to see why the AUX didn’t work on mine. We forgot that the bluetooth was still connecting. We had no idea what caused it...until now lol

Bearcat 04-15-19 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by qvtruong (Post 10493024)
OMG...you just saved us all. Cosmo, David and I spent hours trying to see why the AUX didn’t work on mine. We forgot that the bluetooth was still connecting. We had no idea what caused it...until now lol

Glad I could help. :)

KBBK 04-16-19 07:49 AM

Originally Posted by qvtruong (Post 10493024)

Can someone show/explain how to go about deleting the BT box? I have the 8 inch non-Navi setup and my settings & options screens look nothing like those qvtruong has shared.

Thanks

jjj666 04-20-19 03:45 PM

Thanks to qvtruong and Bearcat! I have the unit installed on 16 model and use aux. But seems I have a problem. If I put the display to android mode by pressing the hang up for 3 seconds when in parking, then I shift to reverse, the display shows the reverse camera, but then if I switch to driving mode after that, the display go back to lexus display instead the android display, I have to press the hang up for 3 seconds again. Is this normal? Can I have the android be displayed after reverse? Thanks!