ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rx-4th-gen-2016-2022-273/)
-   -   Aftermarket carplay on 2017 RX350 (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rx-4th-gen-2016-2022/902627-aftermarket-carplay-on-2017-rx350.html)

Onion 04-07-19 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by 4wheeler (Post 10486372)
To be honest, I wouldnt know if my left and right are flipped. My AUX sounds much better than bluetooth and probbaly as good as OEM USB when i connect my Iphone.
My OEM usb connection charges my phone at a decent rate. Probably charge it 50% in an hour. Barely 10% from the dongle.

You can try to play some surround sound test from YouTube. I was thinking the AUX has worse quality because it doesn't have as many channels as Bluetooth, but when I tested it I realized that the left and right channel are flipped.

Bearcat 04-07-19 08:31 PM

Originally Posted by 4wheeler (Post 10485790)
Keep the Bluetooth on. When you answer with car play on, the default Lexus phone app is also active and works in the background.

Tried this but it only appears the phone can connect to one BT device at a time. Just not working for me. Ugh.

4wheeler 04-08-19 04:46 AM

Does your AUX not work ? If it does then you don’t need to connect phone with box BT.

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 10486644)
Tried this but it only appears the phone can connect to one BT device at a time. Just not working for me. Ugh.

Bearcat 04-08-19 05:22 AM

Originally Posted by 4wheeler (Post 10486786)
Does your AUX not work ? If it does then you don’t need to connect phone with box BT.

nope, aux does not work.

Gottspd 04-09-19 09:57 PM

Any updates on the aux issue?

My latest issue is the screen reverting back to the stock Lexus screen randomly. Super frustrating. It is particularly bad when the surround view cameras come on. I also am getting reports that the call quality is poor for the callers that I'm speaking with. Any thoughts on either issue?

Is there a way to turn the Android box off?

Gottspd 04-11-19 06:21 PM

Another issue... when using aux and carplay for making a phone call, I can hear my callers fine but they can barely here me and they tell me I’m breaking up a lot. When I switch to Bluetooth it seems better however then Siri doesn’t work. Ugh.

4wheeler 04-11-19 06:31 PM

I can’t be heard when making a call over CarPlay (BT Off). I usually have my BT on so that’s not an issue for me.
Siri works for me fine with Carplay and BT.

Gottspd 04-11-19 06:35 PM

Originally Posted by 4wheeler (Post 10490711)
I can’t be heard when making a call over CarPlay (BT Off). I usually have my BT on so that’s not an issue for me.
Siri works for me fine with Carplay and BT.

interesting. My iPhone switches to the android box as soon as I try to use Siri and then of course the stereo is on the wrong input. Is there anyway to keep the iPhone from switching to the android box? I found myself this evening just not flipping to carplay because of the variety of issues.

4wheeler 04-11-19 06:42 PM

Have you connected your phone to android via Bluetooth?

Gottspd 04-11-19 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by 4wheeler (Post 10490716)
Have you connected your phone to android via Bluetooth?

hmmm not sure. How do you do that?

4wheeler 04-11-19 06:55 PM

I haven’t done that either. Qvtroung attached a document in his first few posts.
I don’t think BT connection will make it work.

Did you try pressing and holding the home button to activate Siri?
Maybe disabling Siri Eyes free on Lexus ? I’m just thinking out loud.
Is your android and auto play updated to most recent patch ?

Gottspd 04-11-19 08:03 PM

Ok tried a a few things and so far it may be better. I turned off Bluetooth audio as it relates to the car and left the bt phone. Now even though I’m still using the aux input, Siri works on carplay so that’s a major plus. I don’t know yet if the call quality is going to be ok. First call from the driveway into my house started fine and then after a couple of minutes, I couldn’t hear my wife anymore but it’s late so I couldn’t keep testing.

I did find the bt connection to the box itself but having it connected didn’t help.

With the set up as I currently have it Siri eyes free does not work.

Gottspd 04-12-19 03:16 PM

Crud! Latest problem... passenger side climate control is now intermittently not working. Just doesn’t display at all. When I start the car, the temp display comes on and then it just disappears. I am starting to be very disheartened by this product. Any thoughts?

shadowmite 04-12-19 04:31 PM

I certainly haven’t seen that and wouldn’t think it’s related? You’d have to uninstall and/or play with the connections while you have it apart to figure it out.

c3uo 04-13-19 10:50 AM

Is it possible that the passenger disply turned off as you went from dual mode climate to single? I think that the passenger side temp display shuts off in single.